Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question??

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8797 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2009, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Why lottery winners.

Just find the wealthy in your area and start asking.

Oo'Ka

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8797 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2009, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Hey, any chance you're a good looking woman? Or have a wife, sister or cousin who's hot? Maybe your mom is still young? You should post some pictures. Naked, or at least in something skimpy. I'm looking for a bit of a fling, and it's just too much bother to go out and actually meet somebody, get to know them, and convince them I'm a nice guy and that I don't want to just use them because they've got something I want (I do, but that puts a lot of women off, you know?). I mean, sometimes it almost seems like actual work. So, how about it? Hook a guy up?

ROFL

Oo'Ka

thor's avatar - thor
      Deep in the Woods of Texas
      United States
      Member #68454
      December 22, 2008
      328 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2009, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

sounds like you need to start in the soup kitchens of Asgard, maybe when you see the true needy of the world, you will put your selfishness aside.

nuff said!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7713 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2009, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Panhandling is an occupation and "looking bad" is part of the job and if it's not illegal the pros don't care what people think about them either.

Maybe it's the times, but lately I've seen guys holding signs asking for help near malls and shopping area parking lots but they're not individually asking anyone for money. If someone wants to stop and give them a couple of bucks, it's their choice.

Lottery jackpot winners probably do have many people they know or knew asking them for some money and a few "hello2009s" too. But I'll bet the amount of money their asking for is nothing compared to the charitable organizations. With people like hello2009, it depends on how many times they ask before it turns into harassment which is illegal.

You're right,times have changed. The things people put on their signs are sure different. Before it used to be, "Will work for food." Lately I've seen, "Short on Rent",  "Traveling,Broke,Hungry" and "Need Shoes For Work". Regardless, it's all panhandling. Nobody should ask strangers for money,period.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2679 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2009, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

You're right,times have changed. The things people put on their signs are sure different. Before it used to be, "Will work for food." Lately I've seen, "Short on Rent",  "Traveling,Broke,Hungry" and "Need Shoes For Work". Regardless, it's all panhandling. Nobody should ask strangers for money,period.

Rant

what realy cheeses me of is an article I had read with in the past month not that its a new thing persay ...... but some of those " " panhandlers R making more money in the course of a week then most people make in a month working

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2009, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I totally agreed with ThatScaryChick; the sense of entitlement in this country has grown to an all time high--why would you ask a perfect stranger for their lottery winnings that they just won?? It makes no sense whatsoever; the lotto winner is entitled to enjoy and celebrate their win and"15 mins of fame" without worrying about every TOM, DICK & HARRY asking for ''THEIR MONEY' if they choose to disclose their hugh win to the public.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2009, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Dollar419

Good points. There's a segment of society that has one goal in mind, and that is to "get over" on someone or something. Their day just isn't cpmplete unless they do.

These are the people that seek cash-rich targets and hit them with frivilous lawsuits, all the way down to gthe people that reach into a newspaper machine and try and grab a paper when someone else has paid for one.

Anyone remember the scene in the race track parking lot from California Split? Elliot Gould and his friend were on a losing streak and finally had a winning day at the track, and some creep showed up to put the bite on them.

This thread should be perpetuated as an automatic response to anyone who says they woulnd't remain anonymous if they won a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                Member #78782
                August 21, 2009
                8 Posts
                Posted: September 21, 2009, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

ROFL

i became rich just by reading some of these replays lol. thx for info i feel much better now and will continue asking questions that i have.

the only DUMB question is the one that you never ask lolllll..

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2009, 1:40 am - IP Logged

i would like to know something. these big jackpot winners winning millions of dollars and all of them are just random people anybody can win lottery you just have to play   right? ok now! not all of them invaste their money some of them keep their money and live a life normal way. i want to know if it is ok for me to ask for some money ? i want to get in touch with some of these winners i am not sure if it is legal or illegal? this is not funny question.  what are your thoughts/opinions on this??

Asking people for money is not "Cool", besides, Who gives any money away? Good luck with that, it might be easier to win the lottery yourself than to get any free money from anybody.

You can of course try, your time is yours to waste, but you never know till you try, you might just get lucky.

If you like to bother people go ahead!

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                    california
                    United States
                    Member #23475
                    October 13, 2005
                    659 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2009, 2:12 am - IP Logged

I gave a guy some $ today. He was standing in front of a store with a plastic bucket. Pasted on the bucket was a photo of a young couple. He was asking me for a donation for their funeral. They were in a car wreck and had their "necks" cut off. Well, I just couldn't refuse, it was such a good story.

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
                      Little Rock, AR
                      United States
                      Member #68365
                      December 19, 2008
                      241 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2009, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Joke Topic?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 22, 2009, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I'd give all the beggars a dollar to buy a Powerball ticket but first they'd have to sign a contract that I get half if they win (ever).

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke