Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

DC-5? Disaster.

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2009, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, it appears the District of Columbia has already taken on a version of Pennsylvania's Quinto. It's apparently been on sale for a month. Now, doing that is already pretty dumb because, let's face it, Quinto is terrrrrrrrible. The odds of winning a prize are rediculous, as opposed having overall odds of 1 in 10 in Cash 5 or 1 in 6 for Treasure Hunt, Quinto has odds of 1 in 100 at best, with the pairs. But it's kind of pointless seeing you're only playing 2/5 of the total numbers, and you can play the same way with the odds with a pick-3. So DC going in that direction was already bad. But they made a bad move and made it reprehensible by getting rid of Rolling Cash 5 at the same time. I'm glad I'm not in DC because I might've made like those teabaggers and protested in front the DC Lottery. Taking an O.K. game and replacing it with absolute tripe is just awful. Well, this has given me a couple of ideas for blog entries if and when I actually get the time get back to it. But still, shame on you DC Lottery. This is even worse then when you switched to computerized drawings.

(insert signature here)

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2009, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Well, it appears the District of Columbia has already taken on a version of Pennsylvania's Quinto. It's apparently been on sale for a month. Now, doing that is already pretty dumb because, let's face it, Quinto is terrrrrrrrible. The odds of winning a prize are rediculous, as opposed having overall odds of 1 in 10 in Cash 5 or 1 in 6 for Treasure Hunt, Quinto has odds of 1 in 100 at best, with the pairs. But it's kind of pointless seeing you're only playing 2/5 of the total numbers, and you can play the same way with the odds with a pick-3. So DC going in that direction was already bad. But they made a bad move and made it reprehensible by getting rid of Rolling Cash 5 at the same time. I'm glad I'm not in DC because I might've made like those teabaggers and protested in front the DC Lottery. Taking an O.K. game and replacing it with absolute tripe is just awful. Well, this has given me a couple of ideas for blog entries if and when I actually get the time get back to it. But still, shame on you DC Lottery. This is even worse then when you switched to computerized drawings.

The straight odds are 1/100 000 for the Quinto and pays $50 000.

The odds on Jackpot kind of lottos are in the Millions for the jackpot and yet people play them anyway.

The Tx Cash 5 pays much less than that (I think) and yet the odds are many times worse than those.

But being able to pay pick 3 and pick 4 straight straight on the Quinto is of no use as they already have pick 3 and 4 games there, being able to play straight pairs for $50 for $1 bet is not so bad.

I don't know of any lottery programs that "handle" Quinto daily games, but for a $50 000 straight "JackPot" maybe there should be.

It might be a nice alternative to trying to win on Cash 5 games, after all, the lower prizes on Cash 5 pay next to nothing so you should anyway try to go for the jackpot.

For people here on Tx it might mean lower odds for a higher prize if we had that kind of game, but not much use without proper lottery software.

On Jackpot games people can't track combinations and besides it would be of no use, on a Quinto game the same would apply and even on a pick 4 game, tracking "filters" patterns is of more use and single digits and pairs.

Only on 1, 2 and 3 digit games tracking whole numbers might be of use.

-----------

For those who want to win a lot of lottery money, perhaps the best compromise nowdays or right now is or are pick 4 games.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

thor's avatar - thor
      Deep in the Woods of Texas
      United States
      Member #68454
      December 22, 2008
      328 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

lantern:

texas cash 5 has odds of 1:435,897 and if you are the sole winner the jackpots are usually between $ 22 k and $25 k. but, several winners can cut that amount a lot such as on 09/23 when there were 3 tickets and the prize was $ 7,124 each.

Thumbs Up

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5603 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2009, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

lantern:

texas cash 5 has odds of 1:435,897 and if you are the sole winner the jackpots are usually between $ 22 k and $25 k. but, several winners can cut that amount a lot such as on 09/23 when there were 3 tickets and the prize was $ 7,124 each.

Thumbs Up

I agree. I would love to see Cash 5 go away and have a Quinto game instead.  100,000 to 1 odds for $50k is much better, with no parimutual.

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: September 25, 2009, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Wisconsin has a nice game 1:1.6MIl. (supercash)

Prize is $350,000 and everybody who wins gets the 350K...

It's a 6 number game.

I like Illinois Little lotto.... 5 x 39 numbers 1:575,757

Jackpot is usually day 1 100K , day 2 175K , day 3 250K, day 4 520K, day 5 640K

MarkP

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2009, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I would love to see Cash 5 go away and have a Quinto game instead.  100,000 to 1 odds for $50k is much better, with no parimutual.

Really, you'd rather get nothing 99,999 out of 100,000 tickets. Keep in mind that $50,000 prize is the only prize. Match 4 or 3 and you get jack. If that's what you want, who am I to judge.

(insert signature here)

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2009, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Really, you'd rather get nothing 99,999 out of 100,000 tickets. Keep in mind that $50,000 prize is the only prize. Match 4 or 3 and you get jack. If that's what you want, who am I to judge.

jimmy

Getting 2, 3 or 4 out of 5 on a Tx Cash 5 game is almost the same as getting nothing.

Don't people play jackpot games to have a chance to win the jackpot and not to win $2 or so?

If you can already win 3 straight, you would instead play the pick 3 straight for a $500 prize.

And in the same way, if you can already win 4 straight you would play the pick 4 for $5 000.

I know that you can say that it is not the same as it would be or might be easier to get 3 or 4 out of 5 and you would be right.

Still I think that a Quinto is better than the Tx Cash 5 as it pays so little, unlike other cash 5 games elsewhere.

You want lower prices money? Play the pick 3 or the pair on a Quinto or cash 4 game, or a sum it up game.

Probably I would not try to win a straight Quinto game without very special software, unless I could find a get around for that, for one thing I would first have to be able to win the pick 4 game straight.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."