Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you BELIEVE you will win the Powerball or Mega Millions Jackpot?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 7 years ago by scorpio.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is your stance on winning a major jackpot in Powerball or Mega Millions?

I BELIEVE I will win (gut feeling) [ 39 ]  [44.83%]
I think positive and hope for the best [ 9 ]  [10.34%]
I think my system gives me an advantage [ 3 ]  [3.45%]
I think I have the same chance as anybody else [ 10 ]  [11.49%]
Kind of doubt it but it would be nice [ 11 ]  [12.64%]
Not a chance - don't know why I bother playing [ 7 ]  [8.05%]
The odds are ridiculous - I don't play at all [ 4 ]  [4.60%]
I play trying to win one of the smaller prizes [ 4 ]  [4.60%]
Total Valid Votes [ 87 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1958 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2009, 3:35 am - IP Logged

When it comes to Powerball(and soon to be Mega Millions), I just hope for the best. I am going to win Lotto though.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
    Member #9579
    December 12, 2004
    2121 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2009, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

the first thing most do is just hope to win anything,but the lotterys job is to make sure everyone doesn't win the 3 bucks,lowest pb win,or they would go bankrupt!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5143 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

the first thing most do is just hope to win anything,but the lotterys job is to make sure everyone doesn't win the 3 bucks,lowest pb win,or they would go bankrupt!

I Agree!ROFLLeavingWhite Bouncebut,........butt my butt get's chapped in the back POCKET'''''''''''$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

anytang >>>better than no tang at ALL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

cause....3 bucks is moe than the "LITTLE" player will win on these JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>$$$GAME$$$!!!

g@@d^^^^^LUCK22222222ALL"JACKPOT">play'$$!

psykomo

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #70172
        January 25, 2009
        522 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2009, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Getting 4 numbers in the office pool twice keeps me playing.  Will I probably win? No. 

Will I go broke trying? No.  So I will continue to try in the off chance my/pool's day comes.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5143 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2009, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!ROFLLeavingWhite Bouncebut,........butt my butt get's chapped in the back POCKET'''''''''''$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

anytang >>>better than no tang at ALL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

cause....3 bucks is moe than the "LITTLE" player will win on these JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>$$$GAME$$$!!!

g@@d^^^^^LUCK22222222ALL"JACKPOT">play'$$!

psykomo

I voted >>>>>>>>>>>>>eariler>>>>>>ANSWER: try'in 2 win smaller PRIZE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ANSWER:>>>>>>>>>>>>psyko>>>>>>is still a ROLLER who has LOST HIS ASSET'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

more than TODD can snipe MY>>>>>>>>ASS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is ALL>>TODD'ssssssssssssssssssssssFAULT>>>>>>>>>>LP is 2 dam>g@@D 2 not CHECK-IT-OUT^^!

psykomo

California
            United States
            Member #80929
            October 7, 2009
            94 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2009, 3:38 am - IP Logged

When it comes to Powerball(and soon to be Mega Millions), I just hope for the best. I am going to win Lotto though.

I hope California does NOT get the Powerball game.  In fact, maybe I'll write to various state leaders and the lotto board asking them NOT to include it.  What happens is, with these "larger" games, the ones which have odds over 175 Million to 1 (!), people tend to play them when the jackpots grow very large.  The problem is that, with 175 Million to 1 (!) odds, you have virtually no chance of winning them.  Puke

When people play these long odds games, they siphon off the jackpot from California's regular Super Lotto game.

At least if you play $10 in the California Super Lotto game, the odds drop down to 4.5 Million to 1(!).  Roll Eyes

Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #78798
              August 21, 2009
              336 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2009, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Is anyone like me, where I will never use mega millions or powerball random number generator? If my numbers come up in one of those, I'll feel like it will never happen again.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2009, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Is anyone like me, where I will never use mega millions or powerball random number generator? If my numbers come up in one of those, I'll feel like it will never happen again.

Yes, I truly believe my chosen numbers will eventually hit, when exactly--gee whiz I hope very, very soon.  However, I must admit, it's getting very frustrating to keep winning "free replays" and 2 numbers all the time..just this morning I found out the 7-11 where I had previously bought several tickets ago in Huntington Beach, just had a winning ticket--Fantasy 5 for all 5 numbers on 11/2/09 or 11/3/09 for over $27,000; talk about buying your tickets on the wrong day!!Unhappy  Like I said previously befofe, it's all about the luck of the draw, sheer luck and timing--PLUS A WHOLE LOT OF PATIENCEHurray!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP FAMILY IN WINNING!!Banana

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2009, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

My life is going so bad right now I don't believe in anything anymore.

Please don't stop believing--it is the only thing to hang on to no matter what life situations throw your way..everyone has experience negative or bad things in life..just keep your head high and pray--GOD BLESS YOU.Hurray!

ncpowerplayer's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                    Burlington, NC
                    United States
                    Member #54722
                    August 27, 2007
                    83 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2009, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I believe I will win tonight. 

Good luck to all.

The winning combination is printed on every playslip, you just have to fill in the right boxes.  Simple, Huh??

Montevideo
                      Uruguay
                      Member #83141
                      November 30, 2009
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2009, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Nice post!

I dont ussually have a gut feeling I will win. I just think I have the same chance of winning as anyone else, including the last winners. Like someone above said I won´t get broke playing, and the chances of winning are there so why not do it?

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #58835
                        February 27, 2008
                        148 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2009, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

There are actually times when my "gut feeling" is stronger than other weeks.  I haven't played the lottery in months, but on Saturday night, I told my husband to stop off and get 1 PB QP.  He did and we actually got 2 numbers. Granted, we didn't get the powerball (were off by 4 numbers), but it was a little inspiring to actually see that I got 2 numbers!

Within the last few days, I have just "felt" like I was going to win the PB coming up.  I know the jackpot isn't huge and that's okay with me.  My husband would probably keep his job, but it would be enough to live comfortably the rest of our lives. 

I have always felt like I was going to win the PB, but there are times when it does get discouraging and I don't play.  I guess I go in streaks.

Lately, my feeling is stronger and I definitely plan on playing for these next 2 weeks!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2009, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

My life is going so bad right now I don't believe in anything anymore.

I have reverted back into believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

United States
                            Member #9579
                            December 12, 2004
                            2121 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2009, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

i just wanna win 3 bucks man!