Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maintenance coming Thursday; site will be unavailable during maintenance window

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jarasan.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #58396
February 13, 2008
299 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2009, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

JOB WELL DONE, TODD.  WE KNOW THIS SITE IS IN VERY GOOD HANDS.   THANK YOU!!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2009, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Talk about being tied into a website:  It actually took me an hour to figure out that I could check for the winning numbers in the local or home websites of the drawings....its almost like for 2 days there was no lottery!!

Nice Job!!  WTG Todd  Type

One option for lottery results that was down for very little time:  the Lottery Results Gadget.  I had it back up and running within an hour or two, and it kept delivering the latest lottery results during the site outage.  USA Mega was also up just about the whole time (For Mega Millions and Powerball results.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      Charlotte North Carolina
      United States
      Member #464
      July 9, 2002
      17392 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2009, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Sorry everyone for the occasional offline glitchiness.  Believe me when I say I am doing the best I can.  Running on empty at this point.

Thank you Todd for all you do.  Running on empty is not good.  Take some time for yourself.

wpb

buddyven's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Bogota
        Colombia
        Member #24706
        October 26, 2005
        1434 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2009, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi, thanks a lot Todd, for all your effort, just to tell that if you can try to down your site at those hours between 14hours and 17hours just to let everyone posts their numbers, thanks again 4 all and have a good and winning day 2 u -n- every1!!!

IF YOU WON'T BET YOU WON'T LOOSE OR WIN

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23273 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2009, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Hi, thanks a lot Todd, for all your effort, just to tell that if you can try to down your site at those hours between 14hours and 17hours just to let everyone posts their numbers, thanks again 4 all and have a good and winning day 2 u -n- every1!!!

Next time I'll tell the equipment to fail during that time period! Wink

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            Heroic City
            Indonesia
            Member #31689
            February 2, 2006
            1153 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2009, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

it AWESOME SmashHurray!BananaHyperDancePartyChief,

the new location bring faster enough using IE8 with internet mobile, although i'm aware that internet mobile bandwidth and steady connection were the main speed but using a friend dell vostro a840 it seem like a rocket speed that i've seen accessing lotterypost site :)

good luck

Et erunt signa in sole.......Et luna et stellis.......Et presura gentium
            Prae confusione sonitus maris.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2009, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

When it's all over and done and you've had a good night's sleep, we expect a blow by blow report on what went wrong.   This was like booking passage on the Titanic, when did you first see the ice berg, when did you suspect you were headed for trouble, etc?

In my opinion a lot of the computer stuff is done to us on purpose to make us buy new machines.   Windoze, I have to go back to win95 install because all my higher versions are upgrades that won't install without a previous version, it's a nightmare to replace a hard drive let alone what you must have gone through.

BobP

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2009, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for the words of encouragement for tomorrow.  I'll be happy when it's over.

I also wanted to let you know that more good stuff is one the way.  Within a week or two (probably the week after next) I'll be releasing a new feature aimed squarely at Pick 3 and Pick 4 players.  It's a nifty tool that Gold and Platinum members can use, and Platinum members get some really cool extra features.  It's one of those things that is very helpful, but also just plain fun to play around with.

How's that for a tease?  Don't worry, it will be here before you know it.  Cheers!  Cheers

Serious tease,  I am chomping at the bit.  Thanks.

Pumpkin