Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Lotto that pays Child Expenses for 18 years or baby expenses for 6 years

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 7 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I know guys have reponsabilities but many times someone has to think weather to put food on the Table or pay the mortgage...Remember some people might have 3 or 4 kids and 2 more with another women...Is got to be terrible...

At least lend a helping hand...What i am saying is if there was a lotto that pay people's child support then people will have more money in their pocket which allows him to afford that health insurance or that "NICE" house he always wanted...What do you all think...Nice idea aint it...

so what if there was a lottery that paid your child expenses until he is 18 years old or 10 years old or whatever...Something like a Pick4 game that has multiple winners, something as "BIG" AS POWERBALL GENERATING HUNDREDS of millions but having hundreds of winners and each winner wins: $300 or $500 per month towards his baby born or borns until that kid is: 10 years old or 18 years old...

I can't believe that this has "NEVER" occured to nobody....

Please i'll like you all input on this one and let me know what you all think...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi76,

Lotteries are lotteries, not social welfare programs.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries are designed to be a less than zero sum for the players.  If it run by the states, the players (as a group) will get back 50% of what they spent or if it's run illegally by private groups they will get back 80% of what they spent.  If a person has a family to support or other responsibilities, then they should take care them before spending money on lotteries.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi76,

I totally agree with you Coin Toss, lotteries are "LOTTERIES"--not meet to use for social welfare programs.  You can only determine how the winning jackpot should be spent.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

if people think that i am cold or have no manners: well think again...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2009, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

if people think that i am cold or have no manners: well think again...

I did not answer to state that you did not have any manners or to state that your are cold...you had asked for an honest opinion on your question and I just provide you an honest answer--no more or no less.

FL
              United States
              Member #77284
              July 19, 2009
              60 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi76,

I agree.

And if he/she is having difficulty putting food on the table, then the money shouldnt be spent on the lottery anyway. You should only gamble what you can afford.

Monkey Butt, USA
                United States
                Member #54569
                August 23, 2007
                1124 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I know guys have reponsabilities but many times someone has to think weather to put food on the Table or pay the mortgage...Remember some people might have 3 or 4 kids and 2 more with another women...Is got to be terrible...

At least lend a helping hand...What i am saying is if there was a lotto that pay people's child support then people will have more money in their pocket which allows him to afford that health insurance or that "NICE" house he always wanted...What do you all think...Nice idea aint it...

so what if there was a lottery that paid your child expenses until he is 18 years old or 10 years old or whatever...Something like a Pick4 game that has multiple winners, something as "BIG" AS POWERBALL GENERATING HUNDREDS of millions but having hundreds of winners and each winner wins: $300 or $500 per month towards his baby born or borns until that kid is: 10 years old or 18 years old...

Please i'll like you all input on this one and let me know what you all think...

This sound like a excellent idea and as a parent I wish it was a reality. But you know as well I do that in this imperfect world in which we live that will never be the case, especially with the crab in a bucket mentality we all have.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8359 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2009, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

This sound like a excellent idea and as a parent I wish it was a reality. But you know as well I do that in this imperfect world in which we live that will never be the case, especially with the crab in a bucket mentality we all have.

I'll have a bucket O'crabs

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4523 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2009, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

in fairness, most state run lotteries even promote the social welfare concept. Here in PA *partial* funds from lottery revenue go to the elderly programs.

In other states it can be education, transportation , or other state aided programs. SO Pumpi isnt so far off the mark to suggest a revenue be for child care.etc.   

I personally dont agree with it because there again it benefits only a group of people .....Make it something that the majority can use, Like maybe a discount on utility bills or medical aid. Or Inner City Crime Task Force. THere are so many programs that could help the masses......

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                      Clarksville
                      United States
                      Member #487
                      July 15, 2002
                      17638 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2009, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

They used some of the funds in TN to start a kindergarden program.  That is fine but I don't think that lotteries should be set up to pay for some deadbeat's responsibility. In probably most if not all of the states, they already take child support and taxes owed out of the winner's money.  That should be the extent of it. 

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49619 Posts
                        Posted: October 27, 2009, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

It's not a good IDEA: Before Gambling one should Pay their Share of the the Child Support Responsibilities: So the Game You Suggest won't be necessary!

You can however, Play the Current Lottery Games: Then IF you Win: You can Spend the Winnings on Yourself.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                          Dallas, TX
                          United States
                          Member #60284
                          April 12, 2008
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: October 27, 2009, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the comedy relieft.

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2009, 10:42 am - IP Logged

That's a great idea Pumpi. I have a good one too.

How about a lottery just for people who like to fish but can't afford bait, tackle boxes, rods and reels. Instead of winning money, they'll get a few year's supply of fishing gear and bait. This way, they can't spend all the money at once, like buying a 5 year supply of bait and it ends up spoiling.

Maybe even enough for one of those hats with the feathered hooks in them.

Even better......A lottery just for lesbian nazi hookers from outer space. It gets them off the streets and makes them a more productive citizen. It doles money out to them every month instead of one lump sum.

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2009, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

How about a lotto that helps the disabled...?None Existent whatsoever...Can't believe it...

i dont believe it should help kids in kindergarden i believe it should help the disabled person...Listen anybody can be disabled or veterans...

You know "NOT A SINGLE STATE" has come up with the idea..."HOW SHAMEFUL.."No wanter people hate....Never mind....

or a lotto for the elderly, or midgets or some of the funds for them....No imagination whatsoever...