Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do YOU play?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 7 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you play pick 5?

Play same number comos over and over [ 12 ]  [27.91%]
Pick different picks every time you play [ 22 ]  [51.16%]
qp [ 9 ]  [20.93%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
mxfreekstyle's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Mount Joy ,PA
United States
Member #76834
July 6, 2009
37 Posts
Posted: October 29, 2009, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Ive been playing pick 5 games for a few yrs now and the way i play is look at previous drawings and pick different numbers EACH night and since i havent been hitting that way for quite some time i wanted to try something new. So how do you play?

Time for a win

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2009, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Ive been playing pick 5 games for a few yrs now and the way i play is look at previous drawings and pick different numbers EACH night and since i havent been hitting that way for quite some time i wanted to try something new. So how do you play?

I've played the same chosen numbers and (1) QP; my chosen numbers are due to hit any day, hour or minuteDance

GOOD LUCK TO YOUBanana

Mount Joy ,PA
      United States
      Member #76834
      July 6, 2009
      37 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2009, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks for replying!! I hope your luckier than i am!!!! lol. I want to try something new so i think im guna try the same picks over and over for a few wks as well as a qp or 2 in between that. I just dont know what combos to play....b day....ssn....phone number.....name....etc etc.    Im not good with the LUCKY just with numbers....LOL

Time for a win

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8363 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2009, 1:19 am - IP Logged

sometimes i play the same numbers for every draw
        sometimes i pick different picks for some draws
        sometimes i play qp

sometime i do all three.

Because in Bonus Match 5 we get three boards for 2 bucks LOL

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2009, 1:23 am - IP Logged

sometimes i play the same numbers for every draw
          sometimes i pick different picks for some draws
          sometimes i play qp

sometime i do all three.

Because in Bonus Match 5 we get three boards for 2 bucks LOL

I Agree! Although, I don't play Pick 5 at the moment, that is how I am with the other games I play. I do a combination of all the above. I do try to pick my own numbers more then quick picks, but it all depends on the previous draw if I decided to stick with the same number sets or change them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2009, 5:06 am - IP Logged

Fresh combos prior to the draw.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2009, 7:07 am - IP Logged

I play my own numbers (the same ones all the time) on long multi-picks and throw in for a couple QP's every now and again just before the drawings.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1706 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I suggest you do a Search in the Lottery Systems Forum, time frame ALL HISTORY, going back 120 + pages for 5 years, for Pick 5 systems that people have posted over the years, and maybe you can find some new ideas. 

Lotto Laughs had an interesting Pick 5 post some time back about Number Strings and Improved Number Strings. I can't find the thread for it though.  You might want to PM her and inquire yourself.

Her FORMULA  to use for the Pick 5 was:

1)  Same (S), +1, +2

2)  -2, -1, Same

3)  -1, Same, +1

4)  +1, +2, +3

You take each of these formula lines and apply it to each number in your previous  2 drawing, or choose one line to apply.  For example, Lotto Laughs said that she had the best luck with formulas (1) Same, +1, +2 and

(4) +1, +2, +3 in California.  So try those first. 

For Example, if your last 2  drawing were:  3, 7, 8, 9, 12, 22, 27, 30, 31 (filter out repeats)

Take the formula (+1, +2, +3), and apply it to each number in the last 2 drawings. Filter out duplicate numbers.

You should end up with 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

This leaves you with 21 numbers to WHEEL. Obviously, you have to use the Right WHEEL to get the winning numbers on the same line.

I am using Lotto Laughs Example, because I can't find the Link to this thread in Search.  You need to PM Lotto Laughs and ask her  for  the Link, or to explain this system in more detail.  In her previous posts, she showed us that this System works very well in California. 

Good Luck.

Mount Joy ,PA
                  United States
                  Member #76834
                  July 6, 2009
                  37 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2009, 4:54 am - IP Logged

I suggest you do a Search in the Lottery Systems Forum, time frame ALL HISTORY, going back 120 + pages for 5 years, for Pick 5 systems that people have posted over the years, and maybe you can find some new ideas. 

Lotto Laughs had an interesting Pick 5 post some time back about Number Strings and Improved Number Strings. I can't find the thread for it though.  You might want to PM her and inquire yourself.

Her FORMULA  to use for the Pick 5 was:

1)  Same (S), +1, +2

2)  -2, -1, Same

3)  -1, Same, +1

4)  +1, +2, +3

You take each of these formula lines and apply it to each number in your previous  2 drawing, or choose one line to apply.  For example, Lotto Laughs said that she had the best luck with formulas (1) Same, +1, +2 and

(4) +1, +2, +3 in California.  So try those first. 

For Example, if your last 2  drawing were:  3, 7, 8, 9, 12, 22, 27, 30, 31 (filter out repeats)

Take the formula (+1, +2, +3), and apply it to each number in the last 2 drawings. Filter out duplicate numbers.

You should end up with 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

This leaves you with 21 numbers to WHEEL. Obviously, you have to use the Right WHEEL to get the winning numbers on the same line.

I am using Lotto Laughs Example, because I can't find the Link to this thread in Search.  You need to PM Lotto Laughs and ask her  for  the Link, or to explain this system in more detail.  In her previous posts, she showed us that this System works very well in California. 

Good Luck.

Thanks for sharing everybody!! And to destinycreation thank you for your reply i can always use new systems. Just thot i should clarify with everybody that im not a "newb" when it comes to pick 5. Back when pa was 1 out of 39 i won 4numbers 32 times over a period of 2yrs with my systems. Just wen it went to the 43 i just lost all my "luck" and got 4numbers only once since and am loosing tons of money. so just wanted to try something new.

Time for a win

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10353 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2009, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I know pickling numbers and working out numbers is fun, but consider...this is for Illinois Little Lotto, as of Oct 31st this year, date of the last jackpot. The totals include shared jackpots.

To date 2009

129 Jackpots

109 QP  84.496%

70 PS    54.263%

Most jackpots have been a solo hit for $175,000, which is usually a QP.

Shared jackpots tend to be more player's numbers and often lower numbers.

Sometimes I play a QP and then another ticket going "up and down" to the numbers on the QP, but keeping one or two of them.

The stats above though verify, and in fact scream out, that it's just luck.

Tonight's jackpit of $475,000 as of 4:00pm. It started out at $340,000 last night and rolled. 

Good Luck everyone.    Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

South Florida
                      United States
                      Member #82132
                      November 6, 2009
                      112 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2009, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I am starting to believe that it makes little difference between QP and picking your own or using a formula/system. Unless the QP spits out horrible numbers (like 5-6-7-8-9), which doesn't happen too often in my experience, I don't see how using QP can hurt your chances. The only other drawback to QP that I have experienced is that a couple times QP has given a set of 5 numbers that have already won in the past...and the likelihood of the exact same set of numbers winning again in a pick 5 game are considerably low. Two months ago I did good choosing my own numbers/using formula/frequency system...as I would hit 2 numbers at a decent rate. But last month I went almost two weeks without being able to pick 2 winning numbers...so I switched to only playing quickpicks and started winning more often again. While this could just mean that I just have a bad selection method...it is odd that I was able to do better with QP for a while over trying to figure out numbers on my own.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                        Member #5599
                        July 13, 2004
                        1185 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I play different numbers everytime. The way I see it, the game is dynamic. For me, occurrences over various time windows is an excellent way to do analysis. Add positional distribution analysis over history and you have the beginnings of a good system. You asked. *S*

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

pryz's avatar - wallace
                          Wilmington
                          United States
                          Member #71566
                          February 28, 2009
                          989 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2009, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

i play one set of my own numbers and the rest i play are quick picks

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2009, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

When I play Little Lotto (pick 5) I also look at the previous drawings  to choose my numbers. If the jackpot rolls over and I choose to play the following night this is what I do.....

Say my numbers are a combo of 1 repeat, 1 number out, one number from the 30's, and 2 consecutive numbers.

If there is no repeat......then I look at the numbers that hit and pick a new repeat.

If a number hits that is one number out  I may choose not to play any numbers that are out only once or I may choose a new one.

If no numbers hit from the 30's and I feel a number is due I will play this number again.

If a pair of consecutive numbers hit then I won't play these numbers again.

I hope you get the idea. When I choose my numbers I look to see what's been going on. Then I decide what I'm looking for i.e. hot/cold numbers, high/low numbers, repeats etc. No hard/fast rules here. What I'm looking for may vary from one day to the next and I change the numbers accordingly. I won't play the same line 2 days in a row unless I think there's a chance ALL the numbers in that line may still hit .

Also when I choose my numbers I put together my own combinations. For me this seems to work out better than wheeling the numbers.

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                              MICHIGAN
                              United States
                              Member #65282
                              September 22, 2008
                              1992 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2009, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

NC has great payouts, I do the qp thing, i'm sure their is a system to it, 

Just think computer pick would b better for me