Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I know how to create mass winners of Pick6/52 & PB Jackpots: Got to change the rules a little

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2009, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

This is an unthought of idea...but you got to change the rules a bit..IS very simple and it has been staring us all in the face...Want to know what is it???

The answer is: QUICK PICKS THAT SELECTS 3 NUMBERS AND YOU SELECT THE OTHER 3 numbers...The reason why people dont win with quick picks is because quick picks selects 6 numbers and go through ALL THE 200 MILLION COMBINATIONS of POWERBALL...if people select 3 numbers and the computer quick pick selects the other 3 numbers there is bound to be more PB & Pick6/54 winners than the average 1 or 2 winners per jackpot...lol..if you do it this way jackpots will not even climb...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10350 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2009, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Pumpi,

Someone here on LP said that the Georgia lottery does this, you can mix your numbers and comoputer picks on the same line of numbers.

Apparently it doesn't increase the nnumber of jackpot winners, though.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3103 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2009, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Ok, how about this.  For Pick-5 or Pick-6 mark two numbers on the play slip and check the Quick Pick box.  In Florida the terminal will quick pick the remaining numbers.   Purchase one ticket. 

Mark the terminal's picks in enough play panels that you can enter all the remaining numbers.  For a 6/54 game, the terminal will already have four and your first two, that leaves 48 number or 24 play panels to add two numbers to until they are all used up. 

If the terminal's picks come in, you must have a 4 number Pick-5 win or a 5 number Pick-6 win guaranteed with a 1 in 49 chance of the 6th number.

Do you feel lucky?  Well do you?   Wink

BobP

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2009, 2:50 am - IP Logged

This is an unthought of idea...but you got to change the rules a bit..IS very simple and it has been staring us all in the face...Want to know what is it???

The answer is: QUICK PICKS THAT SELECTS 3 NUMBERS AND YOU SELECT THE OTHER 3 numbers...The reason why people dont win with quick picks is because quick picks selects 6 numbers and go through ALL THE 200 MILLION COMBINATIONS of POWERBALL...if people select 3 numbers and the computer quick pick selects the other 3 numbers there is bound to be more PB & Pick6/54 winners than the average 1 or 2 winners per jackpot...lol..if you do it this way jackpots will not even climb...

It has to be: ONLY 3 AND 3....It cannot be 2 and 4 or 4 and 2...I am talking you pick3 numbers from 1 combination and the quick picks selects 3 numbers FOR THE SAME COMBINATION....And actually i was talking about you either select the first 3 and the computer selects the last 3 of the same combination...Or the computer selects the first 3 for the same combination and you select the last 3 of the same combination....That's what i meant...IT WILL CREATE MORE WINNERS...

if you do it where you pick 3 any position of the same combination and the computer picks the other 3 numbers in any position IT WILL NOT WORK...

make all the quick picks of the state have this option and there will be more first prize jackpot winners....

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2009, 3:32 am - IP Logged

It has to be: ONLY 3 AND 3....It cannot be 2 and 4 or 4 and 2...I am talking you pick3 numbers from 1 combination and the quick picks selects 3 numbers FOR THE SAME COMBINATION....And actually i was talking about you either select the first 3 and the computer selects the last 3 of the same combination...Or the computer selects the first 3 for the same combination and you select the last 3 of the same combination....That's what i meant...IT WILL CREATE MORE WINNERS...

if you do it where you pick 3 any position of the same combination and the computer picks the other 3 numbers in any position IT WILL NOT WORK...

make all the quick picks of the state have this option and there will be more first prize jackpot winners....

not only that but make this the "Only option"...meaning that eliminate the old quick picks...Let this one be the only quick pick form that exist and you will see something...There will be more Jackpot winners everyday...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

sunjune6's avatar - Lottery-010.jpg
            Atlanta,GA
            United States
            Member #79429
            September 1, 2009
            103 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2009, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Pumpi,

Someone here on LP said that the Georgia lottery does this, you can mix your numbers and comoputer picks on the same line of numbers.

Apparently it doesn't increase the nnumber of jackpot winners, though.

This is correct. I just read the back of a "Win For Life, Fantasy5 and MM slips" and it say's, if you prefer to select some of your own numbers and have the terminal  randomly select the rest; fill in the appropiate boxes and mark the quick pick box. Oddly, it doesn't say how many; whether 1,2,3,4 or etc. All the games above have this option.  I live in GA and I never knew this. Thanks Pumpi.  Now to see if I can use this to my advantage.

If you think you can or if you think you can't you are right!

Today could be the day!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7308 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2009, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Even if you pick 3 numbers, have the terminal to pick 3 numbers, the other 3 will be numbers you didn't use and the ticket will show all six numbers in numerical order because lotto tickets are always from low to high. The position they are drawn means absolutely nothing.

If the idea is to use the same 3 digits will all the other numbers, you would have many more combination using QPs because there would be duplicate numbers. In a 6/52 the minimum is 13 combinations to use your picked 3 numbers with the other numbers. If you let the terminal pick them, you might have hundreds of tickets before you had all the remaining numbers. 

If your idea it make the lotto a pick-3 game, there are 22,100 three number combos in a 6/52 lotto. After beating those odds by selecting the right 3 numbers, you have beat odds of 18,424 to 1 to hit the jackpot.

It's more realistic to try that in a 5/39 pick-5 where there are 9139 three number combos and if matching two numbers pays a buck, you could make a small profit by matching only two of your picked numbers. For $18 you can use your 3 numbers with all the rest and get back a minimum of $45 by matching two. The minimum for matching all three is $760 (16 three number matches @ $10 each and 2 four number matches @ $300 each) and giving you a 1 in 35 chance of winning the jackpot.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10350 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2009, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

"...2 four number matches @ $300 each)"

Does KY pay $300 for 4 of 5?

Illinois' 5/39 game pays $100.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7308 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2009, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

"...2 four number matches @ $300 each)"

Does KY pay $300 for 4 of 5?

Illinois' 5/39 game pays $100.

I should have said Ohio's Rolling Cash 5 (5/39) pays $300 for matching 4 numbers; Kentucky doesn't have a pick-5 game. When I lived in Ohio, Rolling Cash 5 was my game of choice as was its predecessor Buckeye 5 (5/37).

I worked with a guy that won the Buckeye 5 jackpot keying 3 numbers with all the other numbers so it does work.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: November 10, 2009, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Maybe I'm stupid?..How would you get the lotto machine to pick 3 numbers for your power ball ticket and you pick the other 3?..The machine always picks all 6 numbers..I alo think there have been more QP winners in power ball then anyother way of winning?..Maybe I misunderstood the first post?..

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                      Member #48046
                      December 7, 2006
                      1699 Posts
                      Posted: November 10, 2009, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Maybe I'm stupid?..How would you get the lotto machine to pick 3 numbers for your power ball ticket and you pick the other 3?..The machine always picks all 6 numbers..I alo think there have been more QP winners in power ball then anyother way of winning?..Maybe I misunderstood the first post?..

Hey tiggs,

In one play in Powerball

You can pick a few numbers,  and then let the Computer (terminal) Q-pick the rest,

I've been playing like that for some time now.

When Pumpi says they might need to change the rules a little.......

All States don't let you do that.

BTW....Pumpi   It's usually Three and Three  for me,      (but it's ok to mix it up a little)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2009, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Tiggs, Just mark in whatever numbers you want and also mark it Quick Pick and the computer will fill in the rest of the numbers up to the required six. Good luck.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2009, 11:36 am - IP Logged

This is the first time I've heard of this..I wrote the Ky lottery and asked if this is true in Ky..New to me if it's true..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2009, 11:56 am - IP Logged

This is the first time I've heard of this..I wrote the Ky lottery and asked if this is true in Ky..New to me if it's true..

Tiggs, Check the back of your PB playslip. I'm not sure if it's the same in all states but in TN it says mark QP and the computer will randomly pick any or all of your numbers.

It's #3 on How To Use A Powerball Playslip. Again though, I don't know if it's the same for all states.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2009, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I looked at the back of my powerball slip and it does not say to play 3 or any other amount of numbers..It says to pick 5 numbers and a PB number or the machine will pick the numbers for you..I've lived in Ky since 1993 and been playing lottery here that long and think I would have heard of it before..Good luck in your picks..