Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is anyone having any success with lottery number generators?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
891 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2009, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I have tried lottery number generators, including here, but no success so far.. Is anyone having a good time playing their numbers?

regards

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5761 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2009, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I use LP's RNG to play on paper just to see how close it comes to winning. I'll typically run 10-20 lines on MM, Tx Lotto, and Tx 2 Step. No winners yet.

wantolearn's avatar - Lottery-058.jpg
      MD\VA\DC
      United States
      Member #5927
      July 28, 2004
      102 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2009, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Actually, using the numbers generator has helped me increase my winnings, it takes time.  If you look at the heavy hitters on this site, I believe that they are using the generator too.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2009, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I have tried lottery number generators, including here, but no success so far.. Is anyone having a good time playing their numbers?

regards

I've gotten a couple box wins off LP's RNG on the P3 but I seldom play P3 or P4 anymore so I occasionally use it for jackpot games just to try to shake things up a little in one of my dry spells.

I also like to add a line from there when I get into one of my mini-streaks of luck which usually run for a week, sometimes two.

Good luck to ya!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2009, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I use the LP RNG to check my personal RNG which allows me to enter parameters and other data to pick a customized set of combinations to play and it does as well if not better than it but I still use my RNG.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2009, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

regards

I use it sometimes, when I need a few lines for Powerball. However, I really haven't kept track, of how much I have won or lost with it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
              Member #9517
              December 10, 2004
              1279 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2009, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Try JADE's Lottery Selector. It has been good at coming up with small prizes now and then. But don't expect it to perform miracles.

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1744 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2009, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

regards

What is the point of using a Random Number Generator in the first place ??? Anyone can choose their own numbers at random.  What advantage does a RNG provide ???

Does the LP RNG have a built in database of past PB or MM numbers such that it is randomly selecting numbers with some methodology that makes some sense, based on previous draws ??? 

Otherwise, it seems like playing these results could be a waste of money, that anyone could figure out themselves, by selecting your own random numbers, or doing a Lottery Terminal Quick Pick. 

So, what is the real advantage of using a RNG ???

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5761 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2009, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

What is the point of using a Random Number Generator in the first place ??? Anyone can choose their own numbers at random.  What advantage does a RNG provide ???

Does the LP RNG have a built in database of past PB or MM numbers such that it is randomly selecting numbers with some methodology that makes some sense, based on previous draws ??? 

Otherwise, it seems like playing these results could be a waste of money, that anyone could figure out themselves, by selecting your own random numbers, or doing a Lottery Terminal Quick Pick. 

The point is that is is no right way or wrong way to pick numbers. I play Maddog's MM and PB challenges every week, and I do better on PB just picking numbers from the top of my head than playing my regular numbers for MM. But I have had some hits playing numbers from the files I keep. An RNG is just another way to pick numbers. To each his own.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10391 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2009, 11:26 am - IP Logged

regards

The concept of playing lottery and expecting success, or a win, is a bit off.

In the Pick 5, Pick 6, and 5 + 1 games, no matter how you choose your numbers, or let a RNG choose your numbers, you are most often going to hit whatever doesn't pay.

Using Pick 6 as an example, you will hit 0, 1, or 2 numbers, which do not pay a thing.

This is the way the games are designed.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19901 Posts
                      Posted: November 11, 2009, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

It removes the dreary of thinking from the process of picking lottery numbers to play and gives us the advantage of seeing those randomly picked numbers before we commit to them.   The LP RNG doesn't have a built in database of past drawings but there are RNGs that allow us to load up  databases of any games and pick combinations using parameters we set.

Can this improve our odds of winning?  I don't know, the answer can only be gotten by those who are willing to spent the time to investigate while the rest of have only the randomness of luck to depend on.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8394 Posts
                        Posted: November 11, 2009, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if there is a real advantage unless said generator produces a winner or winners. I have used a quick pick generator for selecting 50 lines to play in LIL lotto for the prediction board in the past i received many matches over time playing the same lines for a few months. A random number generator is the same thing as a quick pick generator.  

You are correct in saying that a generator is like a quick pick but as RJOh points out it gives you the opportunity to pick out the lines you like where as if you buy mega mil or powerball tickets and you don't like the lines, your stuck with them, regardless of whether you use a random number generator or quick picks you have an equal chance of winning since it all depends on the outcome of the drawing.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: November 12, 2009, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Whatever you use, if a game has too many possible combinations, it is hard to win.

People win jackpots by chance more or less, but most who do won't again win, those who win small prizes by a good prediction method, should win more often than those who buy the same amount of quick picks, so in general prediction methods might work best for games that have fewer combinations, if a person gets 40 quick picks for the pick 3 game 2 times a day and another who has a more or less good prediction method comes out with also 40 numbers per draw, there is a higher chance that he or she who uses the prediction method might do better if such prediction method is based on statistics, but many "prediction" methods are no better than quick picks, because they are not based on stuff that works.

And it is always the fact that the lotteries run their own draws and that no matter if they make 1 Billion $ a year they always want more, they never have enough.

I have proven, at least to myself that good prediction methods are much better than quick picks.

If you ask the lotteries they will say that no matter how you get your numbers they are only as good as quick picks, of course they will say that, that does not mean that it is the truth, the truth is that many or most prediction methods used by people might be no better than quick picks, prediction is not an easy thing, not impossible, just not easy.

Many things can only be done witrh the use of software, if there is no such good software, then there might not also be good prediction, but the software has to be based on proven prediction methods as most software might be junk.

If a person does not know how to predict then he or she also can't make a program that will predict winning numbers.

He or she who has a fair understanding of random and of prediction might find a way to win a little more often than he or she would by the use of quick picks, this does not mean that a profit will be made, just that it will be better than if quick picks were bought, but maybe some do make a profit.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10391 Posts
                            Posted: November 13, 2009, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN,

"I have proven, at least to myself that good prediction methods are much better than quick picks."

Using the Illinois Little Loto as an example, since it is drawn everyday, thus far in 2009, this is the jackpot breakdown:

132 Jackpots

111 QP

71 PS

This includes shared jackpots.

Quick Picks won 84.09% of the time.

Player's picks won 53.7% of the time.

So evidently no matter how good "prediction methods" people may think they have they aren't hitting with them or aren't playing them.

I'd like to see anyopne who touts picking numbers over quick picks pick a game and track it day by day for a year and see what they find out.

Thus far, having tracked this game day by day for two years all I know is that a lot of people who don't like quick picks inisist that they don't hit that often. Til they pick a game and track it, all they are doing is displaying opinion over fact.

There sure are a lot of lotto players who went to Maven University, whose motto is

OPINION OVER KNOWLEDGE.

Maybe it would be quite interesting if we could get people here to pick a game and track it and see the actual results.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: November 13, 2009, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN,

"I have proven, at least to myself that good prediction methods are much better than quick picks."

Using the Illinois Little Loto as an example, since it is drawn everyday, thus far in 2009, this is the jackpot breakdown:

132 Jackpots

111 QP

71 PS

This includes shared jackpots.

Quick Picks won 84.09% of the time.

Player's picks won 53.7% of the time.

So evidently no matter how good "prediction methods" people may think they have they aren't hitting with them or aren't playing them.

I'd like to see anyopne who touts picking numbers over quick picks pick a game and track it day by day for a year and see what they find out.

Thus far, having tracked this game day by day for two years all I know is that a lot of people who don't like quick picks inisist that they don't hit that often. Til they pick a game and track it, all they are doing is displaying opinion over fact.

There sure are a lot of lotto players who went to Maven University, whose motto is

OPINION OVER KNOWLEDGE.

Maybe it would be quite interesting if we could get people here to pick a game and track it and see the actual results.

You didn't understand my post.

Of course, since most people who buy numbers, buy quick picks, most people who win also will win by quick picks, after all, the possible number of combinations on those games is too great for people to win by technique, that is easily understood.

But of those who win small prizes, if there were 2 groups of 1 000 000 each and 1 group buys quick picks and the people on the other group have good statistical knowledge of the game and use it to make up their numbers with and they both buy the same amount of numbers for the same period of time, those who made their own numbers using good  statistical prediction rules will win more money.

I am not talking about those who buy dream numbers and or birthday numbers, Etc, few of those who make their own numbers know anything about the right way to predict.

-------------------

Those who don't understand lottery prediction, of course don't know any better.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."