Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is anyone having any success with lottery number generators?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2009, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

You didn't understand my post.

Of course, since most people who buy numbers, buy quick picks, most people who win also will win by quick picks, after all, the possible number of combinations on those games is too great for people to win by technique, that is easily understood.

But of those who win small prizes, if there were 2 groups of 1 000 000 each and 1 group buys quick picks and the people on the other group have good statistical knowledge of the game and use it to make up their numbers with and they both buy the same amount of numbers for the same period of time, those who made their own numbers using good  statistical prediction rules will win more money.

I am not talking about those who buy dream numbers and or birthday numbers, Etc, few of those who make their own numbers know anything about the right way to predict.

-------------------

Those who don't understand lottery prediction, of course don't know any better.

Coin Toss

The proof is in the pudding:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1458663

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1458686

These are just 2 samples out of very many.

------------

I can't find any predictions made by you anywhere on LP!

http://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=32034

http://www.lotterypost.com/member/32034/recentposts

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2009, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN

If you specified Pick 3 I missed it.

As for preedictions, I think they need to be somehow broken down into predictions, and "live action" predictions. One prediction actually played, even if it loses, is worth 100 predictions made and not played.

Anyone can hit a dart board with scatter shot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2009, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

I'm too lazy and dumb fer all thet figgerin.

I jest makes my bets and takes my chances. And it's still fun even if I lose cuz there's always next time. I try different hare-brained schemes to shake things up all the time.

Yesterday, I had the LP RNG print out 35 QP's for Pick 5 and I picked out my lines based on the numbers I usually play on Pick 5.

For instance if the numbers I usually play were 10 15 20 30 and 35 I marked the play slip with the numbers from the 10th 15th 20th 30th and 35th lines of QP's from the RNG. Might work, might not but you never know when fate is gonna smile on ya. It's only five bucks anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2009, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN

If you specified Pick 3 I missed it.

As for preedictions, I think they need to be somehow broken down into predictions, and "live action" predictions. One prediction actually played, even if it loses, is worth 100 predictions made and not played.

Anyone can hit a dart board with scatter shot.

That doesn't "Compute", it doesn't make any sense, a prediction is a prediction regardless of if it was played or not, so long as it was made before the drawing.

A prediction played is not in any way worth 100 prediction made and not played, it is utter nonsense.

You also said:

"Anyone can hit a dart board with scatter shot"

What does that have anything to do with these?

Neither msmusic nor I make many predictions everyday, at least I don't, we have a very good "track record" of the 2 or 1 predictions made everyday or almost everyday we get very good winning patterns often.

We don't make 100 predictions  and win on only 5 of them.

Our key numbers, Etc do beat random expectations, by quite a lot, take his straight win today, random would say that it takes 1000 predicted pick 3 numbers to win 1 time straight.

And 220 boxed numbers singles, doubles and triples mixed to win 1 time boxed.

msmusic does now-days a lot better than me, but we both beat random.

----------

I guess that you never saw my pick 3 predictions when they were made quite often for some time years ago, even then I beat the hell out of random and nobody who saw them, back then could say otherwise, I used to win, both boxed and straight, but mostly boxed quite often.

-----------------------

By the way, the pick 3 is also a lottery game and also said to be a random game.

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2009, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I said:

"

Whatever you use, if a game has too many possible combinations, it is hard to win.

People win jackpots by chance more or less, but most who do won'tagain win, those who win small prizes by a good prediction method,should win more often than those who buy the same amount of quickpicks, so in general prediction methods might work best for games thathave fewer combinations, if a person gets 40 quick picks for the pick 3game 2 times a day and another who has a more or less good predictionmethod comes out with also 40 numbers per draw, there is a higherchance that he or she who uses the prediction method might do better ifsuch prediction method is based on statistics, but many "prediction"methods are no better than quick picks, because they are not based onstuff that works.

And it is always the fact that the lotteries run their own draws andthat no matter if they make 1 Billion $ a year they always want more,they never have enough.

I have proven, at least to myself that good prediction methods are much better than quick picks.

If you ask the lotteries they will say that no matter how you getyour numbers they are only as good as quick picks, of course they willsay that, that does not mean that it is the truth, the truth is thatmany or most prediction methods used by people might be no better thanquick picks, prediction is not an easy thing, not impossible, just noteasy.

Many things can only be done witrh the use of software, if there isno such good software, then there might not also be good prediction,but the software has to be based on proven prediction methods as mostsoftware might be junk.

If a person does not know how to predict then he or she also can't make a program that will predict winning numbers.

He or she who has a fair understanding of random and of predictionmight find a way to win a little more often than he or she would by theuse of quick picks, this does not mean that a profit will be made, justthat it will be better than if quick picks were bought, but maybe somedo make a profit."

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:14 am - IP Logged

LANTERN,

I said if you specified Pick 3 I missed it, so I did moss it.

As for predictions, you said"

"That doesn't "Compute", it doesn't make any sense, a prediction is aprediction regardless of if it was played or not, so long as it wasmade before the drawing."

Ever heard of Mike Warren? He gave out both sides of football games, and the next week would brag about how many winners he had the previous week.

Here's one person's predictions for a Pick 3 a few days ago:

756, 000, 113, 224, 250, 251, 338, 382, 444, 458, 479, 555, 559, 569, 577, 578, 594, 602, 610, 641, 690, 712, 753, 756, 823, 888, 924, 006, 020, 036, 050, 108, 153, 171, 187, 197, 274, 286, 318, 400, 439, 565, 587, 595, 608, 618, 644, 687, 700, 879

I'll leave it at that.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:26 am - IP Logged

If random generators don't have any parameters to their logic then it's just like picking numbers out of thin air. And even if they did have some rational, for the most part, their rational is only as good as their prediction methods and successful profit reports. Other than that...it's just a whim choice.

Try to use your wit instead. It's there...just take advantage of it, whether it's logic or intuition.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:32 am - IP Logged

LANTERN,

"That doesn't "Compute", it doesn't make any sense, a prediction is aprediction regardless of if it was played or not, so long as it wasmade before the drawing."

Ever heard of Mike Warren? He gave out both sides of football games, and the next week would brag about how many winners he had the previous week.

756, 000, 113, 224, 250, 251, 338, 382, 444, 458, 479, 555, 559, 569, 577, 578, 594, 602, 610, 641, 690, 712, 753, 756, 823, 888, 924, 006, 020, 036, 050, 108, 153, 171, 187, 197, 274, 286, 318, 400, 439, 565, 587, 595, 608, 618, 644, 687, 700, 879

I'll leave it at that.

The first was last month, but the second today eve,

Not great, but Can you do that?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1443206

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1459238

I don't see you making any predictions!

----------------

4 digits make 20 boxed combos: this is just an example.

012, 013, 023, 123
                001, 002, 003, 011, 112, 113, 022, 122, 223, 033, 133, 233
                000, 111, 222, 333

-------

I got all the winning digits Today 2 times on the first 4 digits of my key digits bar.

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:44 am - IP Logged

The first was last month, but the second today eve,

Not great, but Can you do that?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1443206

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1459238

I don't see you making any predictions!

----------------

4 digits make 20 boxed combos: this is just an example.

012, 013, 023, 123
                  001, 002, 003, 011, 112, 113, 022, 122, 223, 033, 133, 233
                  000, 111, 222, 333

-------

I got all the winning digits Today 2 times on the first 4 digits of my key digits bar.

Can you quit your job and make money with this?...If you can't....well.....

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:45 am - IP Logged

LANTERN,

I'll leave it at that.

Todd has been looking at very many posts here at LP for very many years, ask him if a good prediction technique can do better than quick picks or not.

Also ask Lucky, he has prediction experience and has done more predictions posting than most here.

Ask him if a good prediction technique can beat random picks or not.

And why not also ask BlackApple while you are at it.

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Todd has been looking at very many posts here at LP for very many years, ask him if a good prediction technique can do better than quick picks or not.

Also ask Lucky, he has prediction experience and has done more predictions posting than most here.

Ask him if a good prediction technique can beat random picks or not.

And why not also ask BlackApple while you are at it.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/134410/607076

Those were not quick picks!

Even years ago I wasn't so bad at predicting.

Could you or most people ever do like that on that post? 5 winning numbers out of the 6 possible ones all of them on the very same prediction.

Can quick picks do that?

But on those days, prediction came easy to me, it took just a few minutes to make that prediciton I used about 10 past draws for stats, because I had so much experience at predicting and of course, I know what prediction and random are all about..

----------------

Those who don't understand prediction and random, of course don't know that random can be beat.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8361 Posts
                        Posted: November 14, 2009, 1:15 am - IP Logged
                        I understand what your saying Lantern because if you made 40 pick 3 numbers for one drawing you could in theory go up and down a whole range of combinations thereby securing a box win and the possible straight.

Wherein as with 40 quick picks your not going to get a variety of combinations that would come close to all your self picks. With a 1-1000 chance you'd be lucky if you got a win with 40 quick picks 3's.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                          Miami
                          United States
                          Member #62793
                          July 9, 2008
                          673 Posts
                          Posted: November 14, 2009, 1:33 am - IP Logged

What is the point of using a Random Number Generator in the first place ??? Anyone can choose their own numbers at random.  What advantage does a RNG provide ???

Does the LP RNG have a built in database of past PB or MM numbers such that it is randomly selecting numbers with some methodology that makes some sense, based on previous draws ??? 

Otherwise, it seems like playing these results could be a waste of money, that anyone could figure out themselves, by selecting your own random numbers, or doing a Lottery Terminal Quick Pick. 

So, what is the real advantage of using a RNG ???

I couldn't agree with you more. There is no advantage.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: November 14, 2009, 1:46 am - IP Logged

LANTERN

"I don't see you making any predictions!"

Personally, I don't see any point in it, I know most of them would be wrong so I don't make any.

And I'm certainly not going to male predictions by posting so many numbers that it falls into the blind squirrel finding an acorn category.

Lep

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7310 Posts
                              Posted: November 14, 2009, 9:39 am - IP Logged
                              I understand what your saying Lantern because if you made 40 pick 3 numbers for one drawing you could in theory go up and down a whole range of combinations thereby securing a box win and the possible straight.

Wherein as with 40 quick picks your not going to get a variety of combinations that would come close to all your self picks. With a 1-1000 chance you'd be lucky if you got a win with 40 quick picks 3's.

Whether you pick 40 different combinations or get 40 QPs, the possibility of getting a straight win is exactly the same providing the QPs have no dupicate combinations. With computer generated numbers there is probability there will be multiple box combos too.

A better way to use a number generator would be to program it to make ten combos using every digit once. By doing that four times the results would have each digit four times in each digit position. Playing it straight there are twelve 100 to 1 chances of hitting. Because each digit would be in all positions 12 times, it could be set up with a 2 digit box match guarantee.

The down side of playing 40 box combos is at best the payoff will only be about 2 to 1; even money in 72% of the drawings when three different digits are drawn.