Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you check your numbers before you let a store clerk check for you

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pepper1.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2009, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr stop your making to much sense..Thery have a little machine here at Krogers and you yourself place your ticket in the machine and it tells you if it's a no good ticket or what you won,simple..Next.........

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr stop your making to much sense..Thery have a little machine here at Krogers and you yourself place your ticket in the machine and it tells you if it's a no good ticket or what you won,simple..Next.........

Yeah, I've used those scanners in Illinois and Kentucky before (half the time they didn't work, lol) but what I would like to see is a machine that also gives you a voucher for your winnings so there's absolutely no doubt about proving what you've won or any opportunity for malicious clerks to rip anybody off. The machine could give you the voucher and a copy for your records.

As it stands now, intelligent people can circumvent being ripped off but there are always some people who will fall prey to the scams of dishonest clerks. This would just take the clerk's opportunity to lie to people about their winnings out of the equation.

It would also be a measure to keep a clerk from stealing an unsigned ticket. And it's not just less intelligent people or forgetful people that don't sign their tickets. There are some people who just don't want to sign their tickets for a variety of reasons.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Always check your own tickets,  if you can't,  you shouldn't be gambling.   One should always know what they've won or lost.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

jarasan I have said that many times probably on another thread..You can also ask the clerk for a print out of the numbers and if he/her won't do that report him/her and go to another store..You should always know what you have coming before you hand your ticket to a clerk..

pepper1's avatar - batman38
          hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2009, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Let's face it. There are people who play the lottery that are old or not too intelligent or way too trusting. This should not be held against them. There should be standardized protocols put into place to assure the validity and trustworthiness of the entire system.

I would favor creation of a terminal that takes clerks and store owners completely out of the process.

You put your tickets into the machine yourself and are given a voucher for what you've won and then cash it in there at the store or take it to the Lottery Office. They could even have the machine take your picture as you receive the voucher to further insure the validity of the person cashing it in.

Problem solved.

I don't want anyone taking my picture. The voucher system sound alright. When you start to take picture that when

I think government step in and want there cut. What if you had $20,000 worth of tickets and you went to different store to get your money, and your picture shows up all the time trust me thay want there money.