Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are the perks and benefits of earning "Top Poster" in LP?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8034 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2009, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering what are the perks and benefits of earning "Top Poster" designations / titles in Lottery Post?

What are the levels of achievement that one can earn?

When you earn the levels, what can you do with them?

I have noticed that some members post quite a lot, like they are working towards or earning a new posting level designation / title. 

I may consider posting frequently, especially if I can earn extra perks and benefits. Type

Can't seem to find this topic in the search area.   Thanks for your input! Trying to learn about things here.Smiley

Ble$$ing$

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2009, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering what are the perks and benefits of earning "Top Poster" designations / titles in Lottery Post?

What are the levels of achievement that one can earn?

When you earn the levels, what can you do with them?

I have noticed that some members post quite a lot, like they are working towards or earning a new posting level designation / title. 

I may consider posting frequently, especially if I can earn extra perks and benefits. Type

Can't seem to find this topic in the search area.   Thanks for your input! Trying to learn about things here.Smiley

Ble$$ing$

It's not just posting a lot. Todd said it involves many criteria which is a secret. Rightly so. I think it has to do with the integrety of the posts and the contribution it will give to the other members. Plus other qualities we will never know...lol

United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      8034 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2009, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

It's not just posting a lot. Todd said it involves many criteria which is a secret. Rightly so. I think it has to do with the integrety of the posts and the contribution it will give to the other members. Plus other qualities we will never know...lol

Thanks, joker17, for your insight.  I like secrets.  Tell me more! Lurking

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2009, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, joker17, for your insight.  I like secrets.  Tell me more! Lurking

Cool....

I should've answered your first question about the benefits. It's very simple. The amount of blue dots indicate not only maturity but other aspects about the prospective individual in question. The ability to prove you've been around the block feels great.

United States
          Member #76986
          July 10, 2009
          8034 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2009, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Cool....

I should've answered your first question about the benefits. It's very simple. The amount of blue dots indicate not only maturity but other aspects about the prospective individual in question. The ability to prove you've been around the block feels great.

Thanks, joker17! I never noticed the significance of the blue dots, until you pointed them out. Hopefully, going around the block is as easy as a nice walk through the park. See Ya!

I look forward to more and more secrets revealing themselves to me.  There is certainly a lot to check out in this forum. 

joker17, I appreciate your quick responses.  Thanks, again.

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2009, 10:14 am - IP Logged

If you are not a premium member having blue dots your benefits are the same as any other non premium member with lesser blue dots.

If you want added benefits you become a premium member of the level you choose.

WHATT

United States
              Member #76986
              July 10, 2009
              8034 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2009, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

If you are not a premium member having blue dots your benefits are the same as any other non premium member with lesser blue dots.

If you want added benefits you become a premium member of the level you choose.

Thanks, JAP69, for this information.  So the KEY to it ALL (?) is the PAID memberships levels. Accumulating blues dots does not mean much, if you don't have the paid membership status to go along with it.  I see.  Thank you!!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2009, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, JAP69, for this information.  So the KEY to it ALL (?) is the PAID memberships levels. Accumulating blues dots does not mean much, if you don't have the paid membership status to go along with it.  I see.  Thank you!!!

The blue dots are ranks like a novice a guru etc. If you put your cursor on Jap's or mine you will see we have earned elite status, that means that over time we have contributed many quality posts which are somehow deciphered by a program Todd has and ranked accordingly.

It has nothing to do with premium features which has a link on the left hand side of this page. These features allow paid users to use tools Todd's has incorporated into this site.

Also there are free trials associated with many of the paid features.

Those banners like top poster are ranks designated by how many posts have been made by each individual person the more post you make the higher their rank goes. At some point when you reach a certain amount of posts equal to the people with a certain amount of post your banner will change.

Todd can explain this better.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                  Member #76986
                  July 10, 2009
                  8034 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

The blue dots are ranks like a novice a guru etc. If you put your cursor on Jap's or mine you will see we have earned elite status, that means that over time we have contributed many quality posts which are somehow deciphered by a program Todd has and ranked accordingly.

It has nothing to do with premium features which has a link on the left hand side of this page. These features allow paid users to use tools Todd's has incorporated into this site.

Also there are free trials associated with many of the paid features.

Those banners like top poster are ranks designated by how many posts have been made by each individual person the more post you make the higher their rank goes. At some point when you reach a certain amount of posts equal to the people with a certain amount of post your banner will change.

Todd can explain this better.

Oh...okay. Thanks, four4me, for clearing up these points.

The paid memberships allow access to use the site's tools. 

The blue dots serve to announce to the forum body that one is contributing useful information. 

There are ranks / titles in the blue dot codes for posting contributions.

I still have no idea how one benefits from receiving the ranks / titles. (?)

That part is still missing.Thinking of...

I appreciate the conversations about this topic! 

They are providing good information that may, also,  assist others along the way.

Ble$$ing$ to everyone in the forum!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2009, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

The blue dots serve to announce to the forum body that one is contributing useful information. 

They are providing good information that may, also,  assist others along the way.

The person "with the dots" does not benefit, other than "bragging rights".

YOU benefit, because you can instantly see the experience level of the person YOU are dealing with.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I guess it my come in the form of satisfaction that many poster have achieved some status for having contributed lots of time and energy, there are some posters like Lucky, Libra Dave and many others who  provide useful posts every day.

There benefits my be some self recognition for posters who achieve the various ranks. After all sometimes it takes a long time to get from one rank to another. It also lets everyone viewing a posters names how well they are posting so to speak.

Lots of Internet subscription boards have such features for it's members they might achieve stars for contributing posts or the might have tiles that say new poster, regular poster, great poster, super poster etc.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                        Member #91
                        January 19, 2002
                        11924 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2009, 10:08 am - IP Logged

NO real perks or bennies from constant posting but Todd told me that:

"On my death bed, I will recieve total lottery conciousness...So I have that working for me, ...Which is Nice."--"Caddyshack"   

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                          Member #76986
                          July 10, 2009
                          8034 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2009, 11:34 am - IP Logged

NO real perks or bennies from constant posting but Todd told me that:

"On my death bed, I will recieve total lottery conciousness...So I have that working for me, ...Which is Nice."--"Caddyshack"   

I love your wit & humor, fja!  Blue Angel Blue Angel Blue Angel Angels' Ble$$ing$!

United States
                            Member #76986
                            July 10, 2009
                            8034 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2009, 11:40 am - IP Logged

The person "with the dots" does not benefit, other than "bragging rights".

YOU benefit, because you can instantly see the experience level of the person YOU are dealing with.

Bragging rights ... that works! Star  Thanks, Todd!

United States
                              Member #76986
                              July 10, 2009
                              8034 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged
                              I guess it my come in the form of satisfaction that many poster have achieved some status for having contributed lots of time and energy, there are some posters like Lucky, Libra Dave and many others who  provide useful posts every day.

There benefits my be some self recognition for posters who achieve the various ranks. After all sometimes it takes a long time to get from one rank to another. It also lets everyone viewing a posters names how well they are posting so to speak.

Lots of Internet subscription boards have such features for it's members they might achieve stars for contributing posts or the might have tiles that say new poster, regular poster, great poster, super poster etc.

four4me, you make very valid points! I agree with you.

Acknowledgement and recognition are important and requires CELEBRATION from One's self (the key is SELF recognition) and others.

You, Lucky, Libra Dave, LAVERNE MALONEY, and others give from your/their PASSION to make a difference for all of us!  People like you/them make a HUGE positive difference and are APPRECIATED!!!! StarStarStarStarStarPartyThank you!!!!!!!!!!!