Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jackpot! well not quite but check it out

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Divine Guidance.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2009, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Just a reminder for everyone out there who play the same numbers at every draw.  Please don't forget, or even choose to  not play your numbers.  Last night on my way home from work, I was feeling tired and  lazy and didnt want to stop by the store just to  pick up  my lottery tickets.  But in the last second I said "No  every single time!"  and stopped in at  CVC to purchase them.  Guess what,  I found out this morning that  I  hit  3 out of 5 for $17 dollars.  Not a alot of money I know,  but it goes to show, if you're going to play a regular set you have to play EVERY TIME!   Cause you never know.

Goog luck us all!

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
    Deeping in Ramdoness
    Dominican Republic
    Member #73824
    April 25, 2009
    238 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2009, 8:24 am - IP Logged

thath right.. you need to play in every chance.. every oportunity..

i will get MY COUNTRY jackpot..

THE SMARTER PEOPLE ...are succesfull, person

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2009, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Play your numbers in advance then you won't have to say "if" I would have played a certain number I would have won.."If" is for losers..Play your numbers for a week then "if" your tired you won't have to stop..Good luck........

CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2009, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Play your numbers in advance then you won't have to say "if" I would have played a certain number I would have won.."If" is for losers..Play your numbers for a week then "if" your tired you won't have to stop..Good luck........

I do play them in advance for the week but  theres a limit.  The eighteenth was my limit  for this  set  so I needed to buy my replacement set for the nineteeth draw on.   This makes the second time it has happend.   (thank God I deceided to play both times and won)   I wish they would allow us to play a years worth because this set will NEVER change for me.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2009, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Just a reminder for everyone out there who play the same numbers at every draw.  Please don't forget, or even choose to  not play your numbers.  Last night on my way home from work, I was feeling tired and  lazy and didnt want to stop by the store just to  pick up  my lottery tickets.  But in the last second I said "No  every single time!"  and stopped in at  CVC to purchase them.  Guess what,  I found out this morning that  I  hit  3 out of 5 for $17 dollars.  Not a alot of money I know,  but it goes to show, if you're going to play a regular set you have to play EVERY TIME!   Cause you never know.

Goog luck us all!

Keep rockin' them numbers lottocalgal. I had all 5 of mine come in the day after my 48 draw Pick5 advance play expired 2 years ago. Bang Head

I had told the clerk to give me the maximum amount of draws. She gave me 48.

I found out later the max was 91.  Mad

My fault though, I just forgot to renew them.  Sad

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kennesaw, GA
            United States
            Member #62138
            June 18, 2008
            1414 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2009, 7:24 am - IP Logged

Keep rockin' them numbers lottocalgal. I had all 5 of mine come in the day after my 48 draw Pick5 advance play expired 2 years ago. Bang Head

I had told the clerk to give me the maximum amount of draws. She gave me 48.

I found out later the max was 91.  Mad

My fault though, I just forgot to renew them.  Sad

oh that hurts, hopefully u will get it again!!!!

South Florida
              United States
              Member #82132
              November 6, 2009
              112 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2009, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

I was playing the same numbers at every draw for a while...back in October..but got sick of it since I wasn't winning anything. I think you are generally better off selecting new numbers each time. I suppose it would be ok to play ONE set of your "personal" numbers every time instead of wasting money on a quickpick, but I believe your chances of success would improve overall by making different selections each time based on analysis of colds/warms/hots/# of skips/etc.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: November 21, 2009, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Goog luck us all!

Well, this is $17.00 more than you had last week--Congratulations on the win Dancebut as I have stated before--LOTTERY KARMA--the very day you don't play your same or choosen numbers is the very day they will hit--KEEP ON PLAYING THE SAME NUMBERS NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE THEY WILL HIT EVENTUALLY--when is the million dollar question--right now I'm getting so frustrated and discourage that my same numbers that I've played for a long time have not hit yet--but I am very stubborn and determine--IT WILL HAPPEN VERY VERY SOON!!GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELLBanana

South Florida
                  United States
                  Member #82132
                  November 6, 2009
                  112 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2009, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Well, this is $17.00 more than you had last week--Congratulations on the win Dancebut as I have stated before--LOTTERY KARMA--the very day you don't play your same or choosen numbers is the very day they will hit--KEEP ON PLAYING THE SAME NUMBERS NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE THEY WILL HIT EVENTUALLY--when is the million dollar question--right now I'm getting so frustrated and discourage that my same numbers that I've played for a long time have not hit yet--but I am very stubborn and determine--IT WILL HAPPEN VERY VERY SOON!!GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELLBanana

I'm not sure what type of jackpot game you play (I'm assuming it's at least pick 5 since you have a set of numbers), but let me ask you something...if you played pick 5, would you stop playing your same set of numbers if you manage to pull a 4 out of 5 hit one day? Or will you still continue to play that combination again even though 4 out of 5 of the numbers recently hit? I would personally scratch that combination off my list.

CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2009, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure what type of jackpot game you play (I'm assuming it's at least pick 5 since you have a set of numbers), but let me ask you something...if you played pick 5, would you stop playing your same set of numbers if you manage to pull a 4 out of 5 hit one day? Or will you still continue to play that combination again even though 4 out of 5 of the numbers recently hit? I would personally scratch that combination off my list.

Hey

Recoveryroad.  Yes I do in fact still play the same set.  I did hit the 4 of 5 on it for $372   about 2 months ago and I hit the 3 numbers quite a bit and the 2 numbers replay ticket all the time.  I will keep this same number forever, or until it hits 5 of 5  or until I'm in my grave, whichever comes first.  I try not to jinks myself because I do play  Super lotto plus too but I truly feel the  my Jackpot will come from Fantasy Five.  I have this wierd feeling  thats why I forced myself to play.  Nomatter what.  Our advanced play is 20.  maybe ill do that instead of $5.  I can't wait to tell my LP family that it finally hit!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: November 21, 2009, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey

Recoveryroad.  Yes I do in fact still play the same set.  I did hit the 4 of 5 on it for $372   about 2 months ago and I hit the 3 numbers quite a bit and the 2 numbers replay ticket all the time.  I will keep this same number forever, or until it hits 5 of 5  or until I'm in my grave, whichever comes first.  I try not to jinks myself because I do play  Super lotto plus too but I truly feel the  my Jackpot will come from Fantasy Five.  I have this wierd feeling  thats why I forced myself to play.  Nomatter what.  Our advanced play is 20.  maybe ill do that instead of $5.  I can't wait to tell my LP family that it finally hit!

Same idea lottocalgal--I play the same set of 5 numbers no matter what and I'll keep on playing the same 5 numbers until they hit because eventually they will; both the Fanasty 5; also the same 6 numbers for SuperLotto and MM.  I just have a strong feeling it will happen and that is why I keep playing it.  I plan to announce my big win to the entire LP Family--GOOD LUCK TO YOU and please keep me posted on how you are doing with your set numbersWink

South Florida
                        United States
                        Member #82132
                        November 6, 2009
                        112 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2009, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Man...tonight I didn't play my pick 5 game except for a free quickpick, and my 5 number set, which I stopped playing weeks ago, hit for 3 out of 5 tonight. The terrible part was, I didn't like the free qp numbers that were drawn for me at all that I picked up in the morning, and while I was at the gas station tonight, the thought actually crossed my mind of playing 1 ticket with my 5 number set tonight...but decided against it at the last minute. To add further insult to injury, nobody won the jackpot tonight, which caused a rolldown, so I would have actually won $20 tonight instead of $10 with those numbers.

Sad

That's just horrible luck. Oh well...at least all 5 didn't hit, otherwise I'd probably have to call in sick from work tomorrow morning and find the nearest available shrink

South Florida
                          United States
                          Member #82132
                          November 6, 2009
                          112 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2009, 12:57 am - IP Logged

The more I think about this...the more it makes me believe that this is becoming futile regardless of what strategy I employ. Using a system or playing the same set or just qps..the outcomes don't seem to change much.

I seem to hit 2 of 5 a little more often (overall) for example when using historical draw data to select numbers than playing the same sets, but I still don't win anything significantly bigger.

QPs are the worst of the 3 choices in my opinion, but then agian, in another lottery game here, I won more with a qp than I have won with anything else in this pick 5 game.

And by playing the same set of numbers...you may finally get a decent hit if you're patient enough...but the waiting process could become expensive if you're playing daily or every other day. In my case here...while it would have "felt great" to have finally hit 3 of 5 again tonight...realistically, if I had played this same set of numbers every other night from the start of October till now, I'd have spent close to $30 already while waiting for this one combination to hit...assuming I didn't buy more than 1 ticket each drawing, which would mean I'd still be down $10. But I guess that's useless data, since 4 of 5 could have possibly hit tonight instead of 3 of 5, in which case I would have won $555, and playing the waiting game would have absolutely been worth it.

Starting to lose hope. Next month's probably going to be my last month of lotto...might just go back to the stock market lottery after all

CA
                            United States
                            Member #57222
                            December 23, 2007
                            587 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2009, 7:04 am - IP Logged

The more I think about this...the more it makes me believe that this is becoming futile regardless of what strategy I employ. Using a system or playing the same set or just qps..the outcomes don't seem to change much.

I seem to hit 2 of 5 a little more often (overall) for example when using historical draw data to select numbers than playing the same sets, but I still don't win anything significantly bigger.

QPs are the worst of the 3 choices in my opinion, but then agian, in another lottery game here, I won more with a qp than I have won with anything else in this pick 5 game.

And by playing the same set of numbers...you may finally get a decent hit if you're patient enough...but the waiting process could become expensive if you're playing daily or every other day. In my case here...while it would have "felt great" to have finally hit 3 of 5 again tonight...realistically, if I had played this same set of numbers every other night from the start of October till now, I'd have spent close to $30 already while waiting for this one combination to hit...assuming I didn't buy more than 1 ticket each drawing, which would mean I'd still be down $10. But I guess that's useless data, since 4 of 5 could have possibly hit tonight instead of 3 of 5, in which case I would have won $555, and playing the waiting game would have absolutely been worth it.

Starting to lose hope. Next month's probably going to be my last month of lotto...might just go back to the stock market lottery after all

You're right about QPs.  I don't play them for exactly the same reason.  Look at it this way,   QP winners could come from any location anywhere at anytime.  what I hate is that I have to be the one who purchased that specific ticket at the exact minute at the exact location and not to mention the exact numbers.  The reason I like my own set is I can purchase them any day anywhere.  If they hit, i win.  The downfall,  If I forget or simply don't play then I too will need the nearest Psychiatrist.  But  like most people, as soon as I buy a bag of chips or a candybar or soda  thats my lottery money.  A pack a day smoker spends more than that on cigarettes.  I won't lie and say I play the lotto for entertainment.  I don't--- I truly expect to win.  But  I'm not too obessed to have a calculated system or anything like that.  The only thing I do is more often than most people, watch my lotto story dvds that I have made over the years .

Good luck in the stock market lottery.  The good news is... If you buy now  you are gauranteed to win more money  since stock prices have tanked.  They will eventually go up.  Hopefully companies will be stabilizing  soon , so lets hope you won't buy into a company that will claim chapter 11 in a month.  Good luck to ya!

South Florida
                              United States
                              Member #82132
                              November 6, 2009
                              112 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2009, 11:18 am - IP Logged

You're right about QPs.  I don't play them for exactly the same reason.  Look at it this way,   QP winners could come from any location anywhere at anytime.  what I hate is that I have to be the one who purchased that specific ticket at the exact minute at the exact location and not to mention the exact numbers.  The reason I like my own set is I can purchase them any day anywhere.  If they hit, i win.  The downfall,  If I forget or simply don't play then I too will need the nearest Psychiatrist.  But  like most people, as soon as I buy a bag of chips or a candybar or soda  thats my lottery money.  A pack a day smoker spends more than that on cigarettes.  I won't lie and say I play the lotto for entertainment.  I don't--- I truly expect to win.  But  I'm not too obessed to have a calculated system or anything like that.  The only thing I do is more often than most people, watch my lotto story dvds that I have made over the years .

Good luck in the stock market lottery.  The good news is... If you buy now  you are gauranteed to win more money  since stock prices have tanked.  They will eventually go up.  Hopefully companies will be stabilizing  soon , so lets hope you won't buy into a company that will claim chapter 11 in a month.  Good luck to ya!

I'm actually sick of the stock market, but at least with that I seem to have wins more often since you're not playing against odds higher than 1:10 most of the time. But the amount of money you lose for being wrong is much worse than here. 

I already bought a bank back in 2008 that went chapter 11...which is actually part of the reason why I'm here today playing the lotto. But more on that later...