Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people try to pick numbers...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami, FLA
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
678 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2009, 3:16 am - IP Logged

Sure, sure, sure. Workouts, rundowns, formulas, lazy players, etc....

Go tell that to the guy in Kansas that won 97 mill with a $1 QP.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5759 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2009, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Sure, sure, sure. Workouts, rundowns, formulas, lazy players, etc....

Go tell that to the guy in Kansas that won 97 mill with a $1 QP.

Yeah... everytime I think about playing 5 or 10 bucks on a drawing, I think about the people that won on a buck.

Keeps me from spending too much, which I do anyway sometimes. But I still like to pick my own numbers to keep from getting weird combos.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2009, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

For a lot of people (including myself), when they believe the number range for a game is too high, they feel that it's hopeless to bother picking numbers and instead just play qp. For example the Powerball is out of 59 numbers and 39 ball numbers...that's a game I feel is pointless to even waste money on, let alone time. So I can understand where the people who play QPs on MM are coming from. I don't know if it's a question of laziness or just the feeling of being overwhelmed.

I don't really care for MM or PB but the last time I broke down and bought a ticket(for MM) against my better judgement it was a QP. I'm thinking the highest number was in the 20's. LOL I felt like I should have just thrown my dollar in the trash. As much as I like to look at the numbers to see what they've been doing before I pick my numbers........ if I don't have the time I would rather pick numbers off the top of my head than do another QP. At least that way I can be happy with my numbers versus anything goes.

The majority of people play QP's and there's nothing wrong with that........for me I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out what numbers will hit. I know alot of people who play  MM and they all buy QP's. I don't think they're too overwhelmed or just being lazy. I think its simply they don't give much thought one way or the other to the numbers. They see a huge jackpot and they make sure they have their tickets.