Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Computer Help Question any help will be Appreciated!!

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LadyMylena.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #49980
February 21, 2007
34138 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2009, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I have a question...I have an HP Pavillion but it was given to me several years ago by my soninlaw..I have no idea what happened to any of the software that came with it..that would include the HP START up Disc IF it even came with one..

QUESTION: Can you buy a HP Pavillion Start up disc at Walmart or Best Buy or some Computer store?

This is what Happened..My little girl accidently activated or turned on my automatic updats which caused my computer to run very slow..so I hit my power surge button and turned off all the power to my computer to stop the updates..when I turned my computer back on..I got a BLACK SCREEN with this message..

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Anyone know what this is...and can I re-program my HP start up file with a start up disc?

Good Information here!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2009, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Good Information here!

Marcie

How is it that you get so many viruses in your Pc?

As for downloading and using an Antivirus freeware it is very easy, later sometime I will try to tell you more about it, but here it is not the place, at my blog.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2009, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Buy a Mac!

Cheapest way....

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

MarkP

Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34138 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2010, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your help1 Hope you win lots of Dough!

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
          Kansas
          United States
          Member #83963
          December 19, 2009
          347 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2010, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I am a computer tech, and I agree with what others have said. Try holding down the F8 and get to safe mode, and do a system restore to a previous time. There is also a system repair that you might be able to do, but you don't attempt that unless the system restore doesn't work. 

I have an HP desktop, too, I'm using it as a server right now. A long time ago it got corrupt, and I had to wipe it. The previous poster is correct, that said the system files are on another partition on the hard drive. When the computer is in working order, you need to burn the system files onto CD and store them in the top of your computer (if yours is one that has a door on the top of the computer, this is what it's actually for, is to store your backup disks), in case you need them again in the future. Alternately, you can also get a Windows Operating System disk. It will not be cheap, but will get you a good working copy of Windows. In my opinion HP's sucks, because of all the added JUNK that is installed. You never have a clean install when it's like that, because you have all of their software bogging it down, as soon as you get it. 

I think you might be able to repair it yourself, especially if you get your system restore to work. By the way, I don't do any automatic updates, because I had to reformat a hard drive once, due to one that was downloaded. Not fun. Nothing goes in that I don't know about first. For future reference NEVER EVER shut the computer off during an update or install of any kind, because this is what can happen. If you don't want whatever it is, wait for it to finish installing, then uninstall it. 

I hope this helps a little. 

and LottoChica23, you are right!!  I am a MS-DOS baby, that's what I learned with. LOL I'm sure glad that I know what I know already, and I'm not just starting out, trying to learn it all from scratch right now. Knowing DOS is a lifesaver. People that have never touched it, have a hard time grasping it. I had to help teach the commands to a computer class, learning to format and partition their computers, and they really had difficulties. Most people don't realize, behind that graphical interface, there's something else going on. Wink

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34138 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Sure your right!

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
              Fughedaboutit (NY)
              United States
              Member #8160
              October 26, 2004
              6777 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2010, 9:19 am - IP Logged

I am a computer tech, and I agree with what others have said. Try holding down the F8 and get to safe mode, and do a system restore to a previous time. There is also a system repair that you might be able to do, but you don't attempt that unless the system restore doesn't work. 

I have an HP desktop, too, I'm using it as a server right now. A long time ago it got corrupt, and I had to wipe it. The previous poster is correct, that said the system files are on another partition on the hard drive. When the computer is in working order, you need to burn the system files onto CD and store them in the top of your computer (if yours is one that has a door on the top of the computer, this is what it's actually for, is to store your backup disks), in case you need them again in the future. Alternately, you can also get a Windows Operating System disk. It will not be cheap, but will get you a good working copy of Windows. In my opinion HP's sucks, because of all the added JUNK that is installed. You never have a clean install when it's like that, because you have all of their software bogging it down, as soon as you get it. 

I think you might be able to repair it yourself, especially if you get your system restore to work. By the way, I don't do any automatic updates, because I had to reformat a hard drive once, due to one that was downloaded. Not fun. Nothing goes in that I don't know about first. For future reference NEVER EVER shut the computer off during an update or install of any kind, because this is what can happen. If you don't want whatever it is, wait for it to finish installing, then uninstall it. 

I hope this helps a little. 

and LottoChica23, you are right!!  I am a MS-DOS baby, that's what I learned with. LOL I'm sure glad that I know what I know already, and I'm not just starting out, trying to learn it all from scratch right now. Knowing DOS is a lifesaver. People that have never touched it, have a hard time grasping it. I had to help teach the commands to a computer class, learning to format and partition their computers, and they really had difficulties. Most people don't realize, behind that graphical interface, there's something else going on. Wink

MS-DOS has gotten me out of many jams.  As a matter of fact, I still have my DOS books somewhere in the crates. Wouldn't give them up for anything. noway

Too bad we have gotten away from DOS...

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34138 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

LadyMelena,What about when you screen is 1 inch dark? I have a 19 inch screen, but it isn't all the way to 19 in. it has like a black screen around the edges?

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34138 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

LadyMelena,What about when you screen is 1 inch dark? I have a 19 inch screen, but it isn't all the way to 19 in. it has like a black screen around the edges?

Never mind my computer guy is coming today!

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    Heroic City
                    Indonesia
                    Member #31689
                    February 2, 2006
                    1153 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2010, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I have a question...I have an HP Pavillion but it was given to me several years ago by my soninlaw..I have no idea what happened to any of the software that came with it..that would include the HP START up Disc IF it even came with one..

QUESTION: Can you buy a HP Pavillion Start up disc at Walmart or Best Buy or some Computer store?

This is what Happened..My little girl accidently activated or turned on my automatic updats which caused my computer to run very slow..so I hit my power surge button and turned off all the power to my computer to stop the updates..when I turned my computer back on..I got a BLACK SCREEN with this message..

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Anyone know what this is...and can I re-program my HP start up file with a start up disc?

lotterybraker

i though it not to do with turning off the automatics update  by your little girl,  usually when turning off your computer while its running does not effect anything unless it were updating some systems (run very slow because it were backup your systems)

if you have a laptop with the same os;
                    1. first to do is creating bootable usb flash disk (you may "googling")
                    2. after creating bootable flash disk copy the ntoskrnl.exe into FD
                    3. then go to HP Pavillion and change the bios for booting sequence (don't know exact name, something to do with hdd, cdrom,fdd,usb,etc) with USB FD first then save the configuration and reboot
                    4. if your able to boot from FD then you can copy the ntoskkrnl.exe into c:\windows\system32\
                    5. or if you have HP have recovery systems then just recover your system BUT COPY ALL YOUR DATA ON DRIVE C FIRST since it will overwrite your os like shipped to you (it brand new)

well i think its a recovery program (preloaded OS) and it cost similar with new os about + $149 or less, since it contains new license, i dunno which one is better purchase separate os(OEM) or bundled with machine (recovery disk)

well about the harddrive you must have at least two or more partitions: one for system itself, and other for data (change your c:\document and setting\bla bla bla\my documets into D:\My Documents so all your data store on D

good luck

Et erunt signa in sole.......Et luna et stellis.......Et presura gentium
                    Prae confusione sonitus maris.

Kansas
                      United States
                      Member #83963
                      December 19, 2009
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Oh heck, marcie. I'm sorry. I didn't see your post. No Nod

Unless something got adjusted and you didn't know it, it sounds like your monitor is going out. They will last quite awhile like that, but the screen will shrink little by little, until eventually there's nothing left.

So, if it happened all of a sudden, I'd think something got adjusted or some setting was changed.

If it's ALWAYS been like that, it may be the wrong resolution settings, or monitor/video card are not entirely compatible with each other

If it's something that started subtle, and it's getting worse over time, it's going out.

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Kansas
                        United States
                        Member #83963
                        December 19, 2009
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2010, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it's too bad.

I've still got my books, too. Wink