Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you check your lottery tickets for misprints or duplicate tickets, before leaving the store?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8036 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2009, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Do you check your lottery tickets for misprints or duplicate tickets,

before leaving the store? 

If you find one, do you get a refund, have it corrected or keep your chance?

Has this ever happened to you? 

Do you count your change as well?  Or just stuff it in your pocket?

Maybe this is not an important topic, however I am curious about your comments. Smiley

Thanks!  Enjoying my evening cup of joe, now. Coffee

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2009, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Maybe this is not an important topic, however I am curious about your comments. Smiley

I usually check to make sure I got the right games and dates.

One time I got a ticket that had ink smudged all over it and it was a QP and you couldn't read a couple of the numbers. Naturally that was the time I didn't check them. I took the ticket in to have them scan it after the game and it wouldn't even scan because there was ink on the barcode too. They told me I'd have to go to a lottery office to get it figured out (a long drive for me). I didn't bother cuz none of the other numbers were any good anyway.

Actually, I probably would have kept it anyway even if I had checked it because I always keep mistakes and have won on them before.

I take a quick look at the cash I get in change from cashiers but not to the point of counting coins. The only people I've ever had try to cheat me were bartenders. I'm not quite as drunk as I look most of the time.

You're welcome! Enjoying my evening glass of Whiskey now.   Stretch

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
      Pittsburg, Ks
      United States
      Member #3382
      January 17, 2004
      80985 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2009, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I am sometimes an impatient person and want to get my ticket and leave. But when I get home I find the mistake on my ticket. Then I hope maybe the mistake will win. It doesn't and I don't count my change when I leave the store. I put6 all my loose change in a tall plastic container

God Bless America

US Flag

Monkey Butt, USA
        United States
        Member #54569
        August 23, 2007
        1124 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2009, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I check my tickets before leaving the counter. If I find a mistake I point it out to the clerk and purchase the corrected ticket and the mistake. I always count my change. I have been on both sides of the coin. Where I was short changed and where I was given too much change. I once had a cashier give me change back on $10.00 after she put it in as $100.00. Although temptation was there telling me to keep it and say nothing to her, I over-rode the temptation and told the cashier that she put my $10.00 in as $100.00 and that I received too much change.

P.S. To those of you who keep the loose change in your car........

Have you noticed that in American Cars the ashtray has completely disappeared along with the cigarette lighter?

IMO this is a crime against all car owners.

To:  U.S. Automakers..........WARE IZ DA LUVVVVVVVVV?????!!!!!!! 

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

On Saturday I told the clerk I wanted a pick-3 number straight for dollar 3 times and when those tickets were printed, I asked for a 50 cent super-straight on the same number. The total was $6, but when I looked at the tickets, she had printed three 50 cent straight/box tickets. I gave the tickets back and told her I asked for the number "straight for a dollar" 3 times and she said, "oh, you wanted them straight?".

The moral of the story is some clerks just don't listen, they punch it in the way they would play, how their Uncle Fred plays, or they don't understand English. That's why I always check my tickets before paying.

(I guess I'll have to start filling out play slips for pick-3 again and watch the clerks fumble around trying to figure out how to put them into the machine.)

"Maybe this is not an important topic,"

When you're picking numbers and playing, the most important thing is to make sure the numbers you buy are same numbers you asked for. The payoff difference between 3 $1 straights and 3 $.50 back-ups is $750 so making sure it's the bet you asked for is very important too.

Check your tickets before paying!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7314 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2009, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I check my tickets before leaving the counter. If I find a mistake I point it out to the clerk and purchase the corrected ticket and the mistake. I always count my change. I have been on both sides of the coin. Where I was short changed and where I was given too much change. I once had a cashier give me change back on $10.00 after she put it in as $100.00. Although temptation was there telling me to keep it and say nothing to her, I over-rode the temptation and told the cashier that she put my $10.00 in as $100.00 and that I received too much change.

P.S. To those of you who keep the loose change in your car........

Have you noticed that in American Cars the ashtray has completely disappeared along with the cigarette lighter?

IMO this is a crime against all car owners.

To:  U.S. Automakers..........WARE IZ DA LUVVVVVVVVV?????!!!!!!! 

"Have you noticed that in American Cars the ashtray has completely disappeared along with the cigarette lighter?"

In the late 90s car makers began adding "smoker's package" as an option when buying a new car. If you didn't ask for it, there was no lighter and probably no ashtrays for the rear seats.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2009, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I always hand the clerks playslips so I just count to make sure I get back the right amount of tickets. I usually give the exact amount so change isn't an issue.

stephi's avatar - winifrid
                rural lowcountry, south carolina
                United States
                Member #31677
                February 2, 2006
                196 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2009, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I check the tix. Especially since often I put in a friend's tix  as well. And if there is a mistake, I have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Milwaukee, WI
                  United States
                  Member #3131
                  December 27, 2003
                  665 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2009, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Somebody up here in wisconsin years ago, was asked for a Wisconsin  lottery game and got a National megbucks ticket (the one before powerball).  He kept the ticket and won $2,000,000.  Wouldn't he have felt silly if he complained and asked for the right ticket.

MarkP

United States
                    Member #76986
                    July 10, 2009
                    8036 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2009, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your responses on this topic!!!

Sending everyone Money Ble$$ing$ 

and wishes for continous  good health,  prosperity, and peace  in the coming new year!!!

Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel

Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #79361
                      August 30, 2009
                      93 Posts
                      Posted: January 5, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

When I played today, the playslip had play A voided, and play B & C were regular, no ezmatch.  I gave the clerk $2.

It printed an ezmatch on play B and regular ticket on play c and she wanted another dollar.

I didn't order an ezmatch and there was no mark on the ticket there as I pointed out.

I didn't know if the ezmatch even won as I didn't see it.

But the clerk took the ticket back and gave me my dollar back and said she would

purchase it.  Maybe it did win and that is why she kept it.  I don't know.

I didn't want to pay for a loser that I didn't order, maybe if it did win I should

have seen it and bought it.   I've been having trouble with their

machines not reading the playslips properly.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                        Kansas
                        United States
                        Member #83963
                        December 19, 2009
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: January 5, 2010, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Somebody up here in wisconsin years ago, was asked for a Wisconsin  lottery game and got a National megbucks ticket (the one before powerball).  He kept the ticket and won $2,000,000.  Wouldn't he have felt silly if he complained and asked for the right ticket.

MarkP

Holy Cow! 

I only check my tickets to make sure they're not smudged or deformed, but I usually don't check the numbers. Like the guy above, if there's a mistake I'll probably just keep it, hoping that I'm that lucky.

If I ever make a mistake picking numbers, I just let it be.... thinking it might be "divine intervention" trying to help me. Big Grin Angel

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

United States
                          Member #76986
                          July 10, 2009
                          8036 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2010, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Holy Cow! 

I only check my tickets to make sure they're not smudged or deformed, but I usually don't check the numbers. Like the guy above, if there's a mistake I'll probably just keep it, hoping that I'm that lucky.

If I ever make a mistake picking numbers, I just let it be.... thinking it might be "divine intervention" trying to help me. Big Grin Angel

Reporter DYLAN LOVAN, Associated Press Writer, Jan 6, 2010. 

Kentucky couple win $128M Powerball Prize with a misprinted ticket Dance

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A central Kentucky autoworker is lucky he held on to the $128 million Powerball ticket he bought on Christmas Eve during some last-minute shopping — after all, it was printed by mistake.

Lottery officials said Rob Anderson and his wife, Tuesday, were winners of the largest jackpot in the state's history.

Rob Anderson, 39, said the winning ticket was a misprint that he decided to keep while buying stocking stuffers at a Georgetown, Ky., gas station. He wanted to buy $1 lottery tickets for three people, but the clerk goofed.

"The clerk ran the $3 Quick Pick but he put it all on one ticket, and I was like, doggone it, I needed three separate tickets," Anderson said.

The clerk asked him if he wanted to keep the ticket, which had three sets of random numbers.

"Yeah, I got a couple extra dollars," Anderson said, and he bought three more tickets to give as gifts.

The moral of the story is that luck will find you (even with misprinted tickets), when it is your turn! 

Ble$$ing$Sun Smiley

Find the rest of the story in the news area of this forum. http://www.lotterypost.com/news/206635