Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 digit elimination

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Str8master's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg
Plano, TX
United States
Member #81086
October 11, 2009
92 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2009, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone come up with a good method for consistently eliminating one or two losing digits from your plays? I was looking at the numbers and tossing out just one bad digit reduces 1,000 straight combos down to 729. Throw out two digits and you're down to 512 combos.

There's only a max of 3 unique digits drawn from a field of 10 in any given draw, so that's at least 7 losing digits for each and every game. Statisically the odds are about 1 in 2 of successfully knocking out two digits so any method that improves upon random statistics even slightly beats the odds. It's not enough in and of itself to make money but it is a good starting point for other number selection strategies.

Any good ideas out there?

L I F E: discovering order in chaos ...

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2009, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Why not reduce your odds from 1000 down to 100?

If I like the number 38 in the back pair, then just do the following:

The first number is taken care of. The back pair is only 00-99, so only a hundred possibilities left.

You can further reduce the odds down to 50. If the back pairs are showing below 50 for 4 or 5 days in a row, play a number above 50, and vice versa. The 50 reduction is better not only because there is a better chance to win, but you don't play everyday because you have to wait for consecutive shows on either side first.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2009, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Why not subtract all 3 digits from the last draw each time you think the timing is right ?

Subtract all 3 digits and you filter out 657 numbers of the 1000. 

You will be in the right side of the swimming pool ...... 1 out of every 3 draws. 

Timing is the key..... but you won't have to worry with 657 numbers each time you do play. 

34% of the time you will only have to play with the right 343 straight numbers .   

.........and look 

Thats only 35 single boxes to start with  ..... or ..... 42 box doubles 

Start your play filters from there.....instead of 1000 straights or 220 boxes

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2009, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

That you filter out almost half of the total numbers when you filter out 2 digits, that by itself shows that it is easier said than done.

That is because there are 3 positions on a pick 3 game.

Of course, it is not impossible to do.

The thing is, How often can it be done O.K.?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Str8master's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg
          Plano, TX
          United States
          Member #81086
          October 11, 2009
          92 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2009, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

That you filter out almost half of the total numbers when you filter out 2 digits, that by itself shows that it is easier said than done.

That is because there are 3 positions on a pick 3 game.

Of course, it is not impossible to do.

The thing is, How often can it be done O.K.?

Anything better than random play is beating the odds in my opinion. Eliminate 2 digits and the 50% house edge is gone. It may just come down to good timing like Win D pointed out, but I'm looking through hit patterns, digit relationships, trailing numbers, etc to see if I can find some formula that even slightly beats picking two random digits out of thin air.

L I F E: discovering order in chaos ...

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2009, 4:23 am - IP Logged

Anything better than random play is beating the odds in my opinion. Eliminate 2 digits and the 50% house edge is gone. It may just come down to good timing like Win D pointed out, but I'm looking through hit patterns, digit relationships, trailing numbers, etc to see if I can find some formula that even slightly beats picking two random digits out of thin air.

Stats of this kind might help

Also skips stats might help.

I might be wrong, but maybe every digit in the long run should hit an average of about 33% (Boxed), Is that right or not?

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2009, 4:45 am - IP Logged

Skips sample, last 30 skips, but not for numbers on above chart.