Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Mega Millions Jackpot $100,000,000

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will Mega Millions get hit by Christmas 2009?

Yes, before Christmas [ 22 ]  [46.81%]
No, it will rollover [ 8 ]  [17.02%]
Christmas Day is a Friday, it hits then [ 7 ]  [14.89%]
Yes Virginia, there is a Lottery Fairy [ 4 ]  [8.51%]
Pi X's 12 -25, then square root [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Winner will have been naughty [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Winner will have been nice [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2009, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Since the Mega Millions jackpot is now $100,000,000 do you think it will hit before or on Christmas, or not?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2009, 1:41 am - IP Logged

I think it will be hit before Christmas, but it may roll one or two more times before then.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

wendy67's avatar - disney32
      georgia
      United States
      Member #35172
      March 13, 2006
      617 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes it will be won b4 Xmas.  It will be placed into my Xmas stocking tonight. (smile)

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2009, 3:34 am - IP Logged

Yes it will be won b4 Xmas.  It will be placed into my Xmas stocking tonight. (smile)

I wish I could buy a couple of tickets for the drawing, but I guess I will have to wait to play, till we get Mega Millions on Jan. 31st. Good luck to you!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2009, 3:38 am - IP Logged

Watch out now. I just came out of my slump last night. I bought an extra 5 QP's for the Mega last night and got 3 numbers twice and a mega ball once. I'm now officially in one of my mini streaks if things go as usual. I hope nobody won last night cuz I'll be knocking it down Tuesday or Friday. Def before Christmas. Time to double down. This one's in the bag. Take it to the bank.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2009, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

This story is legend in Vegas, I think it might have been from a Henny Youngman skit.

A guy wakes up in the middle of the night bent over in pain. He goes to the emerencty room and a doctor says, "No big deal, you were born with three testicles amd the third one just descended. A simple operation will take care of it."

The guy says, "Operation? Doc, I'm a gambler, I've been waiting for something like this all my life."

So he leaves and goes to the closest bar. There's one patron and the bartender and that's it. He bets the guy at the bar that betwen him and the bartender they have five testicles.

The guy says, "You know what? This is so outlandish I'll take you up on it", and puts $100 on the bar. The whole time the bartender is trying to get the guy's attention, whistling, going, "Ahem", but never does.

So the guy puts $100 on the bar and then the bartender says, "Buddy, you never let me say anything. I hope you were born with four of them, because I was born with one."

Moral of the story: There is no such thing as a lock!

No winner last night, it rolled over to $118,000,000.

Four drawings until the Christmas one. Are Santa Claus and the Lottery Fairy cooking up something for Christmas?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2009, 2:48 am - IP Logged

No winner tonight, 11 people hit 5 + 0.

Estimated Jackpot for 12/18/2009 : $140,000,000.00

Are Santa and the Lottery Fairy really cooking something up? Three drawings to go until Christmas!

Lep

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2009, 3:45 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

This story is legend in Vegas, I think it might have been from a Henny Youngman skit.

A guy wakes up in the middle of the night bent over in pain. He goes to the emerencty room and a doctor says, "No big deal, you were born with three testicles amd the third one just descended. A simple operation will take care of it."

The guy says, "Operation? Doc, I'm a gambler, I've been waiting for something like this all my life."

So he leaves and goes to the closest bar. There's one patron and the bartender and that's it. He bets the guy at the bar that betwen him and the bartender they have five testicles.

The guy says, "You know what? This is so outlandish I'll take you up on it", and puts $100 on the bar. The whole time the bartender is trying to get the guy's attention, whistling, going, "Ahem", but never does.

So the guy puts $100 on the bar and then the bartender says, "Buddy, you never let me say anything. I hope you were born with four of them, because I was born with one."

Moral of the story: There is no such thing as a lock!

No winner last night, it rolled over to $118,000,000.

Four drawings until the Christmas one. Are Santa Claus and the Lottery Fairy cooking up something for Christmas?

Well, the jackpot appears safe Coin Toss, after my showing tonight I appear to be back in my slump.

2 $20 scratchers - zip.

Extra fin on MM - zip.

I usually go on a little streak after some small wins but not this time. El Zippo.

I know I'll win Friday though, it's a lock!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                  Miami, FLA
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  678 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2009, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Well, the jackpot appears safe Coin Toss, after my showing tonight I appear to be back in my slump.

2 $20 scratchers - zip.

Extra fin on MM - zip.

I usually go on a little streak after some small wins but not this time. El Zippo.

I know I'll win Friday though, it's a lock!

200 million for Christmas night!! Don't even bother playing before then.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10390 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2009, 2:42 am - IP Logged

You might be right, Nino.

No winner tonight, goes from $140 million to $162 million, two drawings to go.

Lep

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2009, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Two drawings, but only one more roll. In the past it's jumped 37 from 170 to 207, and 30 from 166 to 196. I doubt that even a Christmas rush will give us the  38 we need to see 200.  On the positive side, there's about a 75% chance that it will roll again.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5143 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2009, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Since the Mega Millions jackpot is now $100,000,000 do you think it will hit before or on Christmas, or not?

who know'sssssssssss only BRO will KNOW!!!!!!!!

BRO is in control>>>>>>>>>>> BRO KNOW'$$$$!!

go BRO go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BRO KNOW'$$$$!!

merry xmas  2222222222 BRO>>>>>>>>>'$$$$!!

BRO (C) is a copywright published on Lottery Post DEC 2009 .......(C) all right's belong to Lottery Post & ODK>>>>>>>>>>>>USA

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #21206
                          September 4, 2005
                          949 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2009, 6:14 am - IP Logged

Two drawings, but only one more roll. In the past it's jumped 37 from 170 to 207, and 30 from 166 to 196. I doubt that even a Christmas rush will give us the  38 we need to see 200.  On the positive side, there's about a 75% chance that it will roll again.

For 12th draws, the average sales are $42,362,675.    The standard deviation is $6,878,126.   There are 14 degrees of freedom, and thus at a 95% confidence limit, we see that sales would range anywhere from $27,690,000 to $57,116,000.    This suggests that the rollover probability, using a poisson distribution to determine the percentage of possible combinations that are not covered by tickets, ranges from 72% to 85% at a 95% confidence limit.

The rollover probability at the mean is about 79%.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19895 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2009, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I would think ticket sales around Christmas time would be hard to predict with its cash value at $100M, the annuity approaching $200M and lots of people dreaming of a Christmas miracle.  Where else can they buy such a dream for $1.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #80450
                              September 27, 2009
                              56 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2009, 2:31 am - IP Logged

I am playing it either way...I am hoping for a Christmas miracle for only $1.

We are having very hard times and my job search is not turning up anything yet...so yeah I could use a few million dollars now.