Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Mega Millions Jackpot $100,000,000

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will Mega Millions get hit by Christmas 2009?

Yes, before Christmas [ 22 ]  [46.81%]
No, it will rollover [ 8 ]  [17.02%]
Christmas Day is a Friday, it hits then [ 7 ]  [14.89%]
Yes Virginia, there is a Lottery Fairy [ 4 ]  [8.51%]
Pi X's 12 -25, then square root [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Winner will have been naughty [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Winner will have been nice [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1958 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2009, 6:07 am - IP Logged

Could be $200M on Christmas.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami, FLA
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    680 Posts
    Posted: December 21, 2009, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I am playing it either way...I am hoping for a Christmas miracle for only $1.

We are having very hard times and my job search is not turning up anything yet...so yeah I could use a few million dollars now.

Like the ad says, "A dollar and a dream!" is all you need. Good luck to you.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
      Queens, NY
      United States
      Member #245
      April 15, 2002
      451 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2009, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Since the Mega Millions jackpot is now $100,000,000 do you think it will hit before or on Christmas, or not?

Wink  I voted for Christmas day. Won't that be one heck of a Christmas Present.  Santa      Dance

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2009, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Well, almost made it to Christmas!

The results page is showing it's back at $12,000,000.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2009, 2:45 am - IP Logged

I had a feeling that it would be won before Christmas.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
            Member #80450
            September 27, 2009
            56 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2009, 2:56 am - IP Logged

$12,000,000...I'll take it!

I am going to play for Christmas Day anyway.

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
              suffolk county, Long Island, NY
              United States
              Member #56449
              November 19, 2007
              1517 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2009, 5:36 am - IP Logged

how much is the pay-off for having 2 numbers on top section , plus the power ball ?

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
                suffolk county, Long Island, NY
                United States
                Member #56449
                November 19, 2007
                1517 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2009, 5:58 am - IP Logged

how much is the pay-off for having 2 numbers on top section , plus the power ball ?

Hyper

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2009, 6:37 am - IP Logged

100M ? I'll buy that for a dollar!

I hope someone on the post gets it. Makes history. I hope they stick around and there is no animosity.

It sure is funny that some people think your abundance is for their need. I had a winning pick 3 and the liquor store run by the state could not cash anything over $100.00. The store was open but they shut off the lottery equipment. Those clerks sure got weird and wanted to know how much I won, one guy said he had $50.00 in the bank~ whatever that meant.  I learned real fast that there are opportunists out there that want any winning ticket they can get ahold of. Experience taught me to zip the lip if you have any winning ticket because it can get dicy. Clerks that sell tickets know at some point a winner will show up and their odds of handling a winning ticket is much greater than individual customers. It is good to know ahead of time who can cash you out, who can't and what situations to avoid. Each retailer is supposed to pay up to $600.00 but that is now up to each store to decide. Of course nobody in their right mind will hand a winner over to clerk knowingly WITHOUT SIGNING IT. When I ask for Daily reports to be printed there is always a delay while the clerk evaluates the results before they hand it over. That is spooky in itself.  Fact is there are few winning tickets a clerk sees. Ticket theft is not above any clerk if the amount is right. I had to ask around and find out who can cash out the maximun allowed, most retailers have a $100.00 limit. Know before you go. Never verify A BIG winning ticket with a clerk or store that cannot pay-out. Use the self-serve scanner and take the time to look at the winners yourself with a results print-out. Don't be in a hurry. When it is news that someone in a communty won a jackpot BEFORE it is redeemed, every clerk is hoping it passes through their fingers, because the chances are good it could. Until it is redeemed, that ball is fair play for the holder. FACT!

Wouldn't it be great for someone to post the numbers and hit it strait-on! I hope it happens anytime!

Rudolph

DD

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2009, 7:08 am - IP Logged

Oh, yea....

I forgot to mention that a week or so later I went back to to same store and one of the clerks was all over me wanting to know if I cashed my winning ticket they could not redeem. She was following me around from behind her counter. If you win be very careful because the clerks and store owners do not work for you like you think they do. They are not the state lottery commision. They are allowed to redeem winning tickets for themselves.

DD