Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

mega fixed

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 7 years ago by emerald64.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #83769
December 14, 2009
8 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2009, 2:33 am - IP Logged

whenever the pots grow and grow, i print out a clock face

and post the winner numbers where the minutes should be.

after examining it, i discover a big hole

in my world of math mathmatices,  you would have to flip six coins and they'd all have to turn up heads. 

here's my example

27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
26                                                                 42
25                                                                  43   
24                                                                  44
23                                                                  45
22                                                                  46
21                                                                  47
20                                                                48
18                                                                 50
17                                                                 51
16                                                                 52
15                                                                 53
14                                                                 54
13 12 11 10  09 08 07 06  05 04 03 02 01 56 55

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2009, 5:29 am - IP Logged

in my world of math mathmatices,  you would have to flip six coins and they'd all have to turn up heads. 

here's my example

Your post is short and doesn't provide many details. Good luck convincing others Mega Millions is rigged with that incredible evidence you just posted.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2009, 8:14 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

konane's avatar - wallace
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3333 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2009, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Have you ever called the Georgia Lottery where those drawings take place to find out how many ballsets they rotate through to perform drawings?  Also ask how many pre-jackpot draw and post-jackpot draws they perform before each and every Mega Millions drawing.  Additionally inquire how many machines they use do perform draws.

I was once told that data for pre and post draws was available at lottery headquarters if someone wanted to come request it.  You might want to find out exactly what you'd have to do to get that information which might provide you with numbers drawn in pre and post tests that haven't been drawn in a long time in jackpot draws. 

The number '1' comes to mind because it hasn't hit in 31 MM draws but my bet is it's hit plenty in pre and post testing.

Good luck to everyone!

San Diego, CA
          United States
          Member #58386
          February 12, 2008
          287 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2009, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

I happen to agree.  When the jackpot crosses 100 mil, it does seem to be more difficult to win. If it hits 100 mill, it seems to always go to at least $200 mil.

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
            Deeping in Ramdoness
            Dominican Republic
            Member #73824
            April 25, 2009
            238 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2009, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

here's my example

please POST a litle explication or better for use this system likes.. interesting please

its posible to use ina 6/38 GAME ?

i will get MY COUNTRY jackpot..

THE SMARTER PEOPLE ...are succesfull, person

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2009, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Any time a combination has a range of 21(the distance from its lowest number to its highest number) or smaller, your clock face will have a large area with no numbers.  But that has only happened 24 times in the last 468 drawings since the last matrix change.  If what you suspect was true then you could play only combinations with a range of 21 or less and improve your odds of winning quite a bit.  If you did that and your winnings increased then your argument might make some sense other wise it doesn't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2009, 4:05 am - IP Logged

My spies have confirmed that it's not rigged. This game is the real deal...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2009, 6:24 am - IP Logged

My spies have confirmed that it's not rigged. This game is the real deal...

I'm with you diamondpalace, and I intend to demonstrate it tomorrow.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2009, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I happen to agree.  When the jackpot crosses 100 mil, it does seem to be more difficult to win. If it hits 100 mill, it seems to always go to at least $200 mil.

It's hard to reach a realistic conclusion when you're starting with faulty factual information. Over the past two years the MM jackpot has been higher than $100 million 11 times.  5 times the jackpot has been won before reaching $200 million. Of those 5 times, one was $196 million and the other 4 were $135 million or less. That's well short of "always" going to at least $200 million.

In 6 of those 11 times the jackpot has been won at something over $200 million. 4 of those 6 were won at the first jackpot that pased $200 million, so only 2 of 11 rolled after passing the $200 million mark. With 175 million possible combinations we should expect about 1 winner for every 175 million tickets, as a long term average. Selling 175 million tickets puts about $56 million into the jackpot pool, and currently that means about $89 million for the anuity.  That means that once the jackpot gets past $100 million we should expect  winners to collect about $189 million as the annuity value. The actual average of those 11 jackpts was $197 million, but two of them had multiple winners, so the 11 jackpots were won by 14 winners. That's an actual average of "only" $155 million which is less than what we should expect from random probability.

United States
                      Member #83769
                      December 14, 2009
                      8 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2009, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

this summer, i remember several draws including powerball, when at least 5 of the 6 numbers were seperated by no more than 26. 

next time you purchase some quickpicks, take a look at the ticket and see how many lines are like that drawing.  not one is my bet.  it's like tossing six coins up in the air and having them all land "heads."

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

If there was only one possible way for 5 numbers to be separated byno more than 26 and you'd said 4 coins all landing heads up, you'd bealmost right. 26 is fairly close to half of the possible numbers, sofor each number drawn there's about a 50% chance that it will be in thelower half. That's roughly the same as each coin being flipped having a50% chance of landing heads.

In reality there are many ways for the 5 numbers to be separated by26 or less. They can all fall in the bottom or top range,  from 1 to 26or 34 to 59, but they could also fall in any of 32 other ranges,between 2 to 27  and 33 to 58.  That's 34 different ranges of 26,compared to only one way for 4 coins to all land heads. Comparing it to4 coins is the right way, because no matter what the first number is itallows the rest to fall within a range of 26.  The actual probabilityis very complex, since it varies with the first number drawn. If thefirst number is between 26 and 34 then 50 of the remaining 58 numbersfall within a range of 26, so it's very likely that the next numberwill fall in that range. The least likely way for all of the numbers tobe within a range of 26 would be if the first number was 1 or 59,because  then there are only 25 numbers that fall in the range. Let'ssee how likely that would be.

The chances that the 2nd number will be between 2 and 26 (or 34 and58)  is 25/58, or .43. Assuming that happens, there's a 24/57 chancethat the 3rd number will fit, or .42. For the 4th number it's 23/56, or.41. For the 5th number  it's 22/55, or .4.  Putting it all together wehave .43*.42*.41*.4 =.296, or a hair under 3%. That's 1 in 33.7.  So nomatter what the first number is there's at least a 1 in 33.7 chancethat the next 4 will fall within a range of 26. 

For any first number  other than 1 or 59, there's a greater chance that the 2nd number will fit the range. Asnoted above, there are 9 numbers, that if drawn first result in a 50/58or .86 chance that the 2nd number will fall in the range. The chancesthat the 3rd number will fall in the range will depend on the 2ndnumbers relation to the first. Again, let's take the worst case, wherethe 2nd number is at the end of the range. The chances of the 35d, 4thand 5th numbers falling in the range would be the same, so the overallchance becomes .96*.42*.41*.4 or .066. That's 6.6% or 1 in 15, almostidentical to the 1 in16 chance that flipping 4 coins will result in 4heads.

Overall, the range is most likely to be greater than 26, but a range of 26 or less is hardly a very unusual event.

I've ignored the 6th number, because without specifying which of the 6 it makes no difference.

United States
                          Member #83769
                          December 14, 2009
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2009, 2:29 am - IP Logged

hi floyd,  i def see the math now.  wish the math teacher would have spent some more time on this during my learning days.  they could probably create a semester on lottery mathmatics / probability course.  it still bugs me when i see numbers close together.  for instance, the other day in illinois little lotto  1-39

ALL FIVE numbers drawn were in the thirties...

assuming nobody would hit that, i checked the site.  three winners, two WERE quickpicks.  amazing, none the less.   100k jackpot,  each probably took home 24k after taxes with odds of winning 575k:1.   lol i don't plan on going hog wild anytime soon.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2009, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Two things to remember:

1. For everyone who  has a reason they won't play some set of numbers, there's at least one person who has a reason that they will play them.

2. The lottery doesn't draw numbers. In most cases they draw balls, but even with an RNG the computer isn't picking numbers (the only digits the computer can work with are 0 and 1). The numbers are simply a convenient way to label the balls so we know which is which. The idea that winning numbers are somehow "close" to each or form apattern (such as 5,10,15, etc) other is an illusion.

United States
                              Member #119
                              February 19, 2002
                              527 Posts
                              Posted: December 22, 2009, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Keep in mind what William Atwood write in his book called The Lottery Solution.

The Lottery terminals are programmed NOT to spit out all the possible combinations there are in the MM game.  So the 'quickpick" you buy today in your state could be the same one issued tomorrow in another state.

But when the jackpot reaches $200+ million, more of those combinations are "released" = made available for purchased in quick pick form.  (Another reason to place more trust in a system than a computer that won't issue every possible combination possible.)

Perhaps this explains why, to the best of my knowledge, there have been no jackpots of $400 million or higher.

"Always tell the truth.  That will astonish some and gratify the rest."

- Pres. Harry S. Truman