Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How good do you think you are at the lottery?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 7 years ago by thudpucker.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2009, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Sometime i go in the hole, and don't get my money back. i use to play about 150.00 a day. I could never beat the lottery system, so i cut back to 10.00 are 20.00 sometime 5.00. Once i got use to it I love it. I really start to think of all that money that I was giving away.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2009, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Sometime i go in the hole, and don't get my money back. i use to play about 150.00 a day. I could never beat the lottery system, so i cut back to 10.00 are 20.00 sometime 5.00. Once i got use to it I love it. I really start to think of all that money that I was giving away.

I'm good enough to beat the overall odds of winning a prize. 

Overall odds of winning a prize playing Ohio Rolling Cash5 are 1:9 but matching 2 three times with $20 worth of tickets only gets me $3. 

Overall odds of winning a prize playing Ohio Classic Lotto are 1:54 but matching 3 once with $30 worth of tickets only gets me $2. 

Overall odds of winning a prize playing MegaMillions are 1:40 but matching 0+1, 1+1 or 2+1 with $25 worth of tickets only gets me $2, $3 or $10.

Even beating the overall odds of winning a prize, I'm losing money.  I just can't beat the odds of winning more than it cost to play.  I would never play a $150 a week let alone a day, but I lose enough.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2009, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Except for the lucky few jackpot winners, playing the lottery is a losing proposition. 

But I play anyway.....

MarkP

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2009, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

hehe I obviously suck at it, unless you mean am i good sucker for the lottery company to make money off, yeah im a good one o them, but picking winners i suck

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

CA
          United States
          Member #84266
          December 26, 2009
          410 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2009, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

No disrespect to anyone here but I fail to see how one can have skills in playing the lottery. I mean sure you can pick numbers wisely like obvious patterns but it all comes down to luck IMO.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
            Sunny California
            United States
            Member #63790
            August 8, 2008
            220 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2009, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I am horrible at it but if I ever hit the jackpot then I'll consider myself King of the Lottery!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

badboy00z..Be careful saying it's all luck..When I say that people here get a bit up tight and some think they can handicapp ping pong balls..I am smart tho..I do wish them all luck...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19824 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2009, 12:00 am - IP Logged

badboy00z..Be careful saying it's all luck..When I say that people here get a bit up tight and some think they can handicapp ping pong balls..I am smart tho..I do wish them all luck...

I doubt if any one was offended by badboy00z opinion, after all we all have them and most are interesting but when players are picking numbers to play the only opinion that counts is their own.

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2009, 12:07 am - IP Logged

I think I'm good  at picking number, but pick and play for myself I suck. I hit about 4 to five time a week

but I spend more money than I should, so I've cut back and only look for profits.

Well, by the lack of wins, I would say that I'm not very good at it. lol. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

CA
                    United States
                    Member #84266
                    December 26, 2009
                    410 Posts
                    Posted: December 30, 2009, 5:16 am - IP Logged

Skill by definition is the ability to do something well. The main goal when playing the lottery is to hit the jackpot. So being skillful means to be able to hit the jackpot almost everytime you play. That is something no one has ever been able to do. And it's never going to happen. People who uses various lottery systems, IMO, only has a minuscule advantage over the people who choose quick picks. I personally have been thinking up my own system but I lack the programmaing knowledge to write and develop the program at this time.

thudpucker's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                      Bethel AL
                      United States
                      Member #73324
                      April 11, 2009
                      24 Posts
                      Posted: December 30, 2009, 6:03 am - IP Logged

So Skill is doing an incredible job of analysis to come up with some numbers.

It's luck that makes those numbers winners.

BadBoy, I dont want to think that all my timy analyzing and scribbling is just for a miniscule advantage. You crushed my delicate sensativities.
                      I used a manual system on many sheets of paper taped together that worked pretty well.
                      Im way too old and impatient to do that these days.

Now I'd like to use MS Excell, but I need to know some of the VBA to make it do what I want.

I really wish there was a credible VBA learning course, with phone help.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19824 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Skill by definition is the ability to do something well. The main goal when playing the lottery is to hit the jackpot. So being skillful means to be able to hit the jackpot almost everytime you play. That is something no one has ever been able to do. And it's never going to happen. People who uses various lottery systems, IMO, only has a minuscule advantage over the people who choose quick picks. I personally have been thinking up my own system but I lack the programmaing knowledge to write and develop the program at this time.

I personally have been thinking up my own system but I lack the programmaing knowledge to write and develop the program at this time.

People who uses various lottery systems, IMO, only has a minuscule advantage over the people who choose quick picks.

Do you think if you had the skills to program the system you're thinking up, you would have nothing more than a minuscule advantage over just buying QPs?

Evil Looking       

thudpucker's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                          Bethel AL
                          United States
                          Member #73324
                          April 11, 2009
                          24 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2009, 10:01 am - IP Logged

"People who uses various lottery systems, IMO, only has a minuscule advantage over the people who choose quick picks."

I'd like to see some numbers on that.Type

I'd bet the people who work at it, come up with more wins than the QP's do.

I wonder how we'd ever document that?
                          Maybe if the system can tell how many "Card selections" as opposed to QP selections?

cheryl59's avatar - center
                            Va Beach
                            United States
                            Member #46651
                            September 20, 2006
                            1856 Posts
                            Posted: December 30, 2009, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Like 99.9% of everybody who plays the lottery, I suck at it.

It drives me to drink... but for that I'm thankful.

Come to think of it... think I'll slam a couple right now.

He He Ha Ha!

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

CA
                              United States
                              Member #84266
                              December 26, 2009
                              410 Posts
                              Posted: December 30, 2009, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do. The system that I'm thinking of simply eliminates certain number combinations such as obvious patterns and combinations that have been drawn before. Even after that there are still millions of combinations left to choose from.

I always wonder if the past jackpot winners uses lottery systems or just play for fun.