Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Year-End Review

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Nino224.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5588 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2009, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Rcbbuckeye,

Its true that Texas always does everything bigger and better. I was visiting the Texas Lottery site (not sure why) and saw those expensive scratchers.  They have some cool payouts!  like $500k and such--do you play those?  I saw some $50 tickets, which I would be too afraid to play and alot of $5 and$10 tickets that seemed to have nice payouts as well.  Have you ever played and won on those?  Californa must have done some kind of study  because I have yet to see a $10 scratcher and even more than 2   $5 scratchers at a time is rare.  But  like most of you, I like life changing games.  I played daily  4 for for a minute  but I love Fantasy Five and SLP.

I played $83 on scratchers this year. I don't play them too often. Never $50, or even $10. If you look at the top prize odds they are anywhere from 700,000 to 1 up to about 1M to 1 which I think is ridiculous, even though there are lower tier prizes.

Scratchers are the biggest sellers in Tx and I imagine other states as well. I just have always prefered the on line games. I like the anticipation, where I think a lot of people like the scratchers more instant gratification. To each his own.

I really thinking of cutting back on the jackpot games and playing P4 for $5 or $10 once a week. $50,000 would pay off a lot of debt, and the odds are 10,000 to 1. Our Cash 5 game sucks. The jackpot is only $20,000 to $30,000 and is parimutuel, and doesn't roll if no one hits. I'm really hoping Tx brings in a game like PA's Quinto, though I doubt that will happen.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2009, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I am swearing off scatch-off forever and play more pick 3/4 when I get a good feeling. I came close a few times and think of it as 'seed' money that I can reinvest in other bigger life changing games. I can't wait for powerball to come to my state so can try the powerplay.

So are you better off playing 1 line with powerplay than just playing 2 lines? The odds seem better and I would be happy with just a mil Smile

The anti-scratch-off movement is gaining strength!!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
      Member #55246
      September 20, 2007
      225 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2009, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

The anti-scratch-off movement is gaining strength!!

LOLBig Smile

I have never played scratch-off. I only play Mega Millions and CA Superlotto Plus and occasional Fantasy 5- twice a week at most. I buy my tickets in advance- 20 plays... I pick my own number, I use our curent ages for MM, our ages in the year 2002 for Super Lotto and QP for F5. So far no luck yet with MM and SL. With F5 I almost always win, the 7/11 clerk calls me the lucky dude, "here comes the lucky dude!"- I won $51 one time, $9 several times, and almost always get a free replay. I don't use my winnings to buy more tickets. One play per draw is enough for me.

Lottery-wise, 2009 is a good year for me. I did not lose much.... only about $50 maybe. Thanks to F5 QPs.

Miami
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        673 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2009, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

LOLBig Smile

I have never played scratch-off. I only play Mega Millions and CA Superlotto Plus and occasional Fantasy 5- twice a week at most. I buy my tickets in advance- 20 plays... I pick my own number, I use our curent ages for MM, our ages in the year 2002 for Super Lotto and QP for F5. So far no luck yet with MM and SL. With F5 I almost always win, the 7/11 clerk calls me the lucky dude, "here comes the lucky dude!"- I won $51 one time, $9 several times, and almost always get a free replay. I don't use my winnings to buy more tickets. One play per draw is enough for me.

Lottery-wise, 2009 is a good year for me. I did not lose much.... only about $50 maybe. Thanks to F5 QPs.

Interesting strategy. I like it.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Miami
          United States
          Member #62793
          July 9, 2008
          673 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I played $83 on scratchers this year. I don't play them too often. Never $50, or even $10. If you look at the top prize odds they are anywhere from 700,000 to 1 up to about 1M to 1 which I think is ridiculous, even though there are lower tier prizes.

Scratchers are the biggest sellers in Tx and I imagine other states as well. I just have always prefered the on line games. I like the anticipation, where I think a lot of people like the scratchers more instant gratification. To each his own.

I really thinking of cutting back on the jackpot games and playing P4 for $5 or $10 once a week. $50,000 would pay off a lot of debt, and the odds are 10,000 to 1. Our Cash 5 game sucks. The jackpot is only $20,000 to $30,000 and is parimutuel, and doesn't roll if no one hits. I'm really hoping Tx brings in a game like PA's Quinto, though I doubt that will happen.

There was a story on here a few weeks ago about an office manager who was embezzling, and they found almost $40,000 worth of LOSING scratch-offs in his desk. I fell out of my chair when I read that.

Miami
            United States
            Member #62793
            July 9, 2008
            673 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2009, 4:36 am - IP Logged

In January, FL is launching a $20 Win For Life scratch-off. I may buy one. Just one, I promise!

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #82001
              November 3, 2009
              890 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2009, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

In January, FL is launching a $20 Win For Life scratch-off. I may buy one. Just one, I promise!

Hey it only take 1 ticket to win. Good Luck to ya!!!

Miami
                United States
                Member #62793
                July 9, 2008
                673 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2009, 3:12 am - IP Logged

Hey it only take 1 ticket to win. Good Luck to ya!!!

Good luck to us all!!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2009, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I am only going to look forward to winning very big in 2010!!! (Mega Millions/Super Lotto/Fantasy 5/Daily 4/Daily 3/Daily Derby)Party

Miami
                    United States
                    Member #62793
                    July 9, 2008
                    673 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2009, 3:14 am - IP Logged

I am only going to look forward to winning very big in 2010!!! (Mega Millions/Super Lotto/Fantasy 5/Daily 4/Daily 3/Daily Derby)Party

Yeah!