Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michgan Lottery Terminals

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by L J1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #54181
August 8, 2007
123 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Just Curious...and i know this has been going on for a long....time

Why does MFEMFEMF Lottery retailers terminals close at 7:08pm for the evening drawings of the same day; when the drawing for some games of the same evening aren't broadcasted to the public until 7:29pm??

I would like to know... What is taking place during that 21 Min. window of time....??

Balance is Key

Michigan
    United States
    Member #54181
    August 8, 2007
    123 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Correction!!!

Michigan Lottery retailers

not.. MFEMFEMF

Sorry about that :(

Balance is Key

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40296 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

I Have asked that same question, perhaps it's to help keep it fair , so no one can say the state helped someone cheat.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49642 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Just Curious...and i know this has been going on for a long....time

Why does MFEMFEMF Lottery retailers terminals close at 7:08pm for the evening drawings of the same day; when the drawing for some games of the same evening aren't broadcasted to the public until 7:29pm??

I would like to know... What is taking place during that 21 Min. window of time....??

Asking here won't get you an answer, but asking at the MI Lottery might! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I would guess they're just being overly cautious. There have been law suits about people playing numbers at the last minute and they turned out to be winning numbers but the machine printed them out for the next day. They're probably just trying to keep that from happening.

I think Tennessee shuts off Powerball sales a half hour before the drawing.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Michigan
            United States
            Member #54181
            August 8, 2007
            123 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2009, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I know the state MI has been doing this for years, cut off time well before the actual drawing of evening games on the same day.
            However, from some others I have chatted with in other states, their states do allow the players to purchase their tickets right up until a minute or so right when the drawing takes place.

I will contact the MI Lottery and ask this question and see what their reply is.

I sometimes wonder from what a friend has said before, the time span is because the states computer (RNG) that controls the actual drawing is looking for all the Least Combinations played; since the state has done away with mechanical drawing machines years ago for some of their lottery games.

Kind of makes sense.....

Make it more difficult for the player to win a Jackpot

Balance is Key