Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

claiming $2,500.00 prize? FL.

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
Member #55246
September 20, 2007
225 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2010, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Don't bet the farm on this answer, but I know when I hit for $2,500 and I'm from Maryland, the only thing they were concerned about is whether I owed IRS and whether I had any child support outstanding.  Luckily for me I owed neither, nor.  Hope you get back the whold $2,500.

It's the same with California. The only thing they will check is whether you owe the IRS and you have any outstanding child support. I've read this from the CA Lottery website - under the FAQs before.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49618 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

When they make it a legit bill, not $12.00 for an aspirin, I will gladly pay it. Please don't reply that they wouldn't be $12.00 if ppl like me would pay thier bills.

Medical Cost Advocacy

10 ways to avoid outrageous hospital overcharges

How To Negotiate Hospital Bills

Ask About Charities Fund:

Most states have a Charities Fund to pay unexpected medical expenses. It is intended for those who fall between the cracks - too much money for Medicaid, but unable to pay bills uncovered by insurance. Tell the hospital business office to submit your bill to the State Charities Fund. If they say they have never heard of it, or no such fund exists, call your State representative and ask him to find out for you.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Don't bet the farm on this answer, but I know when I hit for $2,500 and I'm from Maryland, the only thing they were concerned about is whether I owed IRS and whether I had any child support outstanding.  Luckily for me I owed neither, nor.  Hope you get back the whold $2,500.

You can cash your ticket at most retailers in Maryland up to 5 grand. They run your ssn for tax and child support.

If you go to the district lottery office they run your ssn and look at anything you owe the state from unpaid parking tickets and or any city or state violations you might have.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.