Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could Illinois Lottery be fixed?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #85198
January 10, 2010
4 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2010, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm curious about something I just experienced on Friday, January 8th, 2010 at about 5:PM CST; I play pick 4 everyday for the last year; I play the same number 7-8 days in advance, 1111 .50 straight, for Midday & Evening, Friday to Friday usually; I went in to play on the 8th and was told that for 1/15/10 they'd sold out of that particular number; now my experience has been that on the same day, if I go today for example and try to play for the evening, it would usually be sold out, but for it to be sold out, 7 days from now?  What is so special about that day that sooooo many people would of played for that particular day?  I find it very strange... any thoughts? 

I understand only a certain amount of people can play any given number, that isn't the problems, but for it to be played out for a particular future day?  I'm confused as to why...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2010, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Not sure why 1111 would be sold out for 1-15-10, but it's known that on certain days certain numbers are going to get pounded. 911 for example 776 and 1776 on July 4th.

But it doesn't have to be a "special" number. The lotteries have a payout ceiling for Pick 3 and 4, as you referred to, and when any number has been played to the poiint that if it hit the payoput would reach that ceiling, the numbers gets
    "locked".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2010, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Did you try another store? Could be the terminal screwing up. I had a problem with one particular terminal here that wouldn't always give me what I wanted.

That could be the problem unless there's some significance with those numbers on that day, that everybody's playing them.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #85198
        January 10, 2010
        4 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2010, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Thank you; I will try another store just to see; I just found it funny that on that particular date, seven days into the future, so many people decided to play that number up to the point of it now being locked, in a year of playing that number, that had never happened to me, that far down into the future; the same day or even the next day, yes.....but 7 days.......to me was peculiar; I will try another terminal.....I even went back to find out what was the date that 1-1-1-1 came out last, it was 6/29/1994 in Illinois.....I was trying to make sense of it maybe by numerology, but couldn't make heads or tails out of it.  1/15/2010????  We shall have to see if it comes out that day.... ;)

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2010, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm curious about something I just experienced on Friday, January 8th, 2010 at about 5:PM CST; I play pick 4 everyday for the last year; I play the same number 7-8 days in advance, 1111 .50 straight, for Midday & Evening, Friday to Friday usually; I went in to play on the 8th and was told that for 1/15/10 they'd sold out of that particular number; now my experience has been that on the same day, if I go today for example and try to play for the evening, it would usually be sold out, but for it to be sold out, 7 days from now?  What is so special about that day that sooooo many people would of played for that particular day?  I find it very strange... any thoughts? 

I understand only a certain amount of people can play any given number, that isn't the problems, but for it to be played out for a particular future day?  I'm confused as to why...

Solar eclipse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_January_15,_2010

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2010, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow, that must be it. Apparently there are a lot of people playing that way.

I wonder how often that kind of stuff pays off?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Once every blue moon.

Really though who knows i once met a couple of old lady's who win pick 3 a lot and they say they use astrological charts to get their picks. So it must be something to it. I would love to have my chart done. But haven't got around to it.

Illinois
                United States
                Member #68755
                December 29, 2008
                85 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I am another that plays 1111 everyday in IL. I play ahead a little bit, just to make sure I at least hit the number. I just played this morning for today and tomorrow. It is very strange that it would say that the number is sold out for the 15th. I just did a thread on sold out numbers, because 1111 has been sold everyday for over 2 months. I am going to make a special trip to see what happens if I play on the 15th and I will let you know what happens.

United States
                  Member #85198
                  January 10, 2010
                  4 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2010, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Solar Eclipse, very interesting; but I wonder, how many tickets are allowed to be played that--that many people would play them out in order for it to be locked.....because they knew it would be a solar eclipse??  I am one that is open minded to astrology, numerology any "ology" but....how many tickets does it take for a lock out and how many people are into stuff like that, that would of played it 7 days in advance......don't know; if that day comes and goes and no 1-1-1-1....I wouldn't have a problem......if it comes out though???

That is why I turn to you my friends, to help me figure this one out.....Wink

United States
                    Member #85198
                    January 10, 2010
                    4 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2010, 1:24 am - IP Logged

1111, yep, can't seem to get it the same day anymore; that is why I try and play it atleast 7-8 days midday & evening then come back like on the 6th day and play for the 9th day on....(gave myself a headache, lol), but you know what I mean.

Like I said, hopefully that day (1/15/10), will come and go and nothing.....(since I wasn't allowed to play it! lol)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: January 11, 2010, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Solar Eclipse, very interesting; but I wonder, how many tickets are allowed to be played that--that many people would play them out in order for it to be locked.....because they knew it would be a solar eclipse??  I am one that is open minded to astrology, numerology any "ology" but....how many tickets does it take for a lock out and how many people are into stuff like that, that would of played it 7 days in advance......don't know; if that day comes and goes and no 1-1-1-1....I wouldn't have a problem......if it comes out though???

ReallyReally wrote

Solar Eclipse, very interesting; but I wonder, how many tickets are allowed to be played that....that many people would play them out in order for it to be locked....because they knew it would be a solar eclipse??

call them up and ask them what their threshold dollar amount is on a number.

It could be up-wards of 3 million dollars.

So that means when people have bought so many tickets to the point the payout would be 3 million dollars they stop selling that number. This is a per game figure for pick 3/4 games.

The solar eclipse has nothing to do with the lottery setting a limit or locking out a number. The lottery doesn't lock out numbers just for the fun of it ---- people buy tickets until they sell out a number.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7298 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2010, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Not sure why 1111 would be sold out for 1-15-10, but it's known that on certain days certain numbers are going to get pounded. 911 for example 776 and 1776 on July 4th.

But it doesn't have to be a "special" number. The lotteries have a payout ceiling for Pick 3 and 4, as you referred to, and when any number has been played to the poiint that if it hit the payoput would reach that ceiling, the numbers gets
                        "locked".

1111 was probably sold out for January 11 and since the future play ticket included 1-11-10 the terminal rejected it. They probably can play it on the other days, but will have to buy those tickets individually.

Most states will sell out 111 and 1111 today. A clerk told me triples and quads are sold out on many days in Kentucky.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: January 11, 2010, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

For pick 4? My guess is 1 out of every 10,000 times.

Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #68755
                            December 29, 2008
                            85 Posts
                            Posted: January 11, 2010, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

ReallyReally,

I went to play specifically for Jan. 15 last night, it did go through. So make a trip just to play it for Friday before Friday, it will probably go through.  Good Luck to you, I wish they would draw it already, I'm tired of playing it but scared to stop playing because I have been playing it for so long.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2010, 1:49 am - IP Logged

the only state that got any triples on the 15th was

Fri, Jan 15, 2010 North Carolina Pick 3 Evening 8-8-8

no state go quads on the 15th