Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What ever happened to Maga Ball 01?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2010, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Until 10/05/07, megaball 01 hit between ever 25-55 drawings.  Now it has gone 241 drawings without a hit.  The only other numbers that come close to that are 43 when it hit 10/16/09 after 195 drawings without a hit and 46 when it hit 12/11/09 after 195 drawings without a hit.   Will tonight be the night it hits or will 01 go 242 drawings with out a hit? 

Good luck if you play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
    Virginia Beach,Va
    United States
    Member #65378
    September 25, 2008
    1180 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2010, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Also How long since #5 I know not as long but it been awhile, Also took a long time for 18 until last weeks drawing and thats why I've been playing 1,5,18 on Maddog and in real life

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

How STUPID was the QUESTION?

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Until 10/05/07, megaball 01 hit between ever 25-55 drawings.  Now it has gone 241 drawings without a hit.  The only other numbers that come close to that are 43 when it hit 10/16/09 after 195 drawings without a hit and 46 when it hit 12/11/09 after 195 drawings without a hit.   Will tonight be the night it hits or will 01 go 242 drawings with out a hit? 

Good luck if you play.

It's in my pocket.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: January 27, 2010, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

It's in my pocket.

How long do plan to keep it there?

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20119 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2010, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Good luck if you play.

I had to use it along with my " 17 " last week, so I accidently threw it back in the mix...      OM..!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Atlanta
            United States
            Member #33572
            February 22, 2006
            366 Posts
            Posted: January 27, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

The longer 01 goes without hitting, the more likely statistically that it will hit.

I would expect it to hit within the next 10 or 20 draws.

However, unless you see a definite pattern from a skip hit graph, I wouldn't bother playing it. This observation comes from playing 02 in the big game days when it exhibited similiar behavior; The only thing is, when it finally hit, I didn't have anything to go with it, so I only won 2 bucks.

I would focus on getting the other five numbers.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
              Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2010, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

If a number has not hit for along time then I don't play it until it hits, and then I play it for the next 5 draws.  I would rather chase the possibility that it statistically wants to catch up with more hits after it hits than to chase it waiting for it to hit.  But that is just the way I play I don't have any proof one way or the other on which is the better strategy.

I have written a program that will find the wheels (say a wheel of 12 number) that are statistically above the norm as far as match5 hits that just had there longest skip count broken and that skip count was 3x the average skip median and play those wheels for a few draws because historically that want to catch up and hit again to make up for the long cold spell.  This is how I have gotten some of my match3 and match4 hits in 2009.  It takes 2 days of serious searching on two 8 processor computers to go thru all the combinations in a 59 ball game to find the best 12 ball wheels (Powerball not MegaMillions) that meet this criteria.

You don't need a super-computer you just need to write fast-efficient code to do bit twiddling and a distributed approach where you farm out each processor to do a portion of the combination namespace independent of other processors.

Jimmy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

If a number has not hit for along time then I don't play it until it hits, and then I play it for the next 5 draws.  I would rather chase the possibility that it statistically wants to catch up with more hits after it hits than to chase it waiting for it to hit.  But that is just the way I play I don't have any proof one way or the other on which is the better strategy.

I have written a program that will find the wheels (say a wheel of 12 number) that are statistically above the norm as far as match5 hits that just had there longest skip count broken and that skip count was 3x the average skip median and play those wheels for a few draws because historically that want to catch up and hit again to make up for the long cold spell.  This is how I have gotten some of my match3 and match4 hits in 2009.  It takes 2 days of serious searching on two 8 processor computers to go thru all the combinations in a 59 ball game to find the best 12 ball wheels (Powerball not MegaMillions) that meet this criteria.

You don't need a super-computer you just need to write fast-efficient code to do bit twiddling and a distributed approach where you farm out each processor to do a portion of the combination namespace independent of other processors.

Jimmy

You are kinda at a disadvantage with PowerBall since it has only had 110 drawings since its last matrix change to 5/59+1/39.  So far only 34 of its bonus balls have been drawn.  MegaMillions with 480 drawings since its last matrix change gives you a lot more data to look at.

2 days of serious searching on two 8 processor computers would be hard for most players to find the time to do between drawings, I'm thinking spending 2 hours is a long time.

Evil Looking       

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

You are kinda at a disadvantage with PowerBall since it has only had 110 drawings since its last matrix change to 5/59+1/39.  So far only 34 of its bonus balls have been drawn.  MegaMillions with 480 drawings since its last matrix change gives you a lot more data to look at.

2 days of serious searching on two 8 processor computers would be hard for most players to find the time to do between drawings, I'm thinking spending 2 hours is a long time.

Thats why I have my computers do it, I don't do a thing.  Smile

Actually Powerball has 6*110 or 660 draws if you use the 4 pre-test per draw, the actual draw, and the post draw in your database of numbers.  Some people don't use them, I use them because I am tracking patterns not draws.

Anyway I have digressed from the original topic, I don't chase cold balls till they hit, others chase cold balls til that hit, others are somewhere in between, and others are nowhere to be seen.

Jimmy

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #33719
                    February 24, 2006
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: January 28, 2010, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Off topic question

With the new cross-selling agreement between the MM & PB states,
                    (MM 1st draw Feb 2 & PB 1st draw Feb 3), I was wondering if I should
                    treat this like a matrix change and reset both drawings as if it's the
                    first draw for each lottery.  With the addition of all these states to MM & PB,
                    something seems likely to change . . . . .

Best Of Luck!
                    LottoL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: January 28, 2010, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Off topic question

With the new cross-selling agreement between the MM & PB states,
                      (MM 1st draw Feb 2 & PB 1st draw Feb 3), I was wondering if I should
                      treat this like a matrix change and reset both drawings as if it's the
                      first draw for each lottery.  With the addition of all these states to MM & PB,
                      something seems likely to change . . . . .

Best Of Luck!
                      LottoL

Unless their matrices change, I'll keep analyzing the draws data from the same points I do now.  Having more states contributing to their jackpots should only effect their jackpots size and the speed of their growth, not their drawings.

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                        Member #4416
                        April 22, 2004
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

When any number goes on a drought, it's always tempting to assume that it's either overdue or too cold to hit.  In truth, that kind of history has no bearing whatsoever on the likelihood that the number will be drawn in the next drawing. The odds of the Mega Ball being drawn in the next drawing are 45 to 1. In the the last drawing, the odds were 45 to 1. In subsequent drawings, the odds will remain 45 to 1 unless the matrix is changed. The odds of the game are simply not affected by draw history.

While we can safely assume that the number of times that all numbers appear will eventually average out with some degree of parity, two-hundred some draws is a relatively small span to expect that with a matrix of 46 numbers. It's a common fallacy among gamblers to assume that the law of large numbers applies as well to a relatively small sample of numbers. We might - at best - see the numbers in the Mega Ball matrix approach an expected average, but that might be a rather protracted approach. And it's highly unlikely that they'll all ever perfectly conform.

Since the odds of any Mega Ball appearing will remain altogether intransigent, it's a straight up longshot bet as to when the number 1 Mega Ball or any other will appear. Unfortunately, it's a short odds payoff. They're taking quite a strong edge in giving up only even money on such long odds, but that's what makes the big jackpots possible. And that's what makes the game profitable for the state lotteries.

The best we can do is go with our calculations and/or gut feelings about just what might happen after we study the draw results or simply decide to take our chances with luck. You just can't beat luck when it happens to be swinging your way.

Personally, I've concluded that such long odds games like PowerBall and Mega Millions simply defy any attempts by players to gain a meaningful advantage through the types of analyses that sometimes offer profitable results even in smaller jackpot games. Consequently, I'm just taking my chances on luck with the Quick Picks I purchased for this first Mega Millions drawing for Kentucky. And as luck would have it, I received a line with Mega Ball number 1 among my Quick Picks. I just hope that I have the right numbers to go along with it in the 5/56 matrix if Mega Ball 1 comes out. If not, I'll be more than happy if any of my other 45 to 1 numbers is drawn as the Mega Ball with the 5/56 numbers matching the respective numbers on that line.

Good luck? I'll take it!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: February 13, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Now that PowerBall 01 has hit after a 95 draws drought, it may be ready to hit as a MegaBall after a 247 draws drought.  But maybe 05 is ready after its 178 draws drought also.

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Now that PowerBall 01 has hit after a 95 draws drought, it may be ready to hit as a MegaBall after a 247 draws drought.  But maybe 05 is ready after its 178 draws drought also.

Yes, there's definitely an interrelatedness and a certain synchronicity between the Mega Ball and Power Ball number drawings. The imminent appearance of those numnbers is clearly indicated. The fruits are ripe for the picking. Bet the bank and count your winnings.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: February 14, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there's definitely an interrelatedness and a certain synchronicity between the Mega Ball and Power Ball number drawings. The imminent appearance of those numnbers is clearly indicated. The fruits are ripe for the picking. Bet the bank and count your winnings.

It's happened often enough in the last 247 drawings of each game to make it worth considering:

MM 12/01/09 - 17 30 39 52 53    +21
                              PB 11/28/09 - 26 27 28 46 50    +21

PB 09/26/09 - 18 20 34 36 39    +19
                              MM 09/25/09 - 07 27 42 49 52    +19

MM 06/26/09 - 11 15 17 29 46    +16
                              PB 06/24/09 - 16 18 24 51 53    +16

PB 03/28/09 - 02 03 16 41 48    +19
                              MM 03/27/09 - 10 15 24 38 50    +19

MM 01/27/09 - 03 11 12 14 21    +25
                              PB 01/24/09 - 06 20 25 37 42    +25

MM 11/11/08 - 05 27 38 42 55    +41
                              PB 11/08/08 - 02 04 21 36 40    +41

PB 09/13/08 - 07 17 29 43 51    +38
                              MM 09/12/08 - 01 12 14 25 35    +38

PB 05/07/08 - 09 25 26 28 43    +26
                              MM 05/06/08 - 04 21 46 53 54    +26

MM 01/29/08 - 08 23 39 40 42    +24
                              PB 01/26/08 - 11 35 39 53 54    +24

MM 01/22/08 - 12 15 22 25 33    +02
                              PB 01/19/08 - 20 23 25 27 28    +02

PB 11/07/07 - 22 29 35 46 52    +02
                              MM 11/06/07 - 03 17 43 46 47    +02

Evil Looking