Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tonight of nbc investagates

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
Katy, Tx
United States
Member #67709
December 3, 2008
204 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2010, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Did any one besides me watch the show where the Waffle House group joined a pool and won 10 Million dollars then went to court to get it .  Then ended up with nothing and the won girl got it all?  Talk about a selfish person she was it.

Bash

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22861 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2010, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I didn't see that one. Was it like some of these pool stories gone sour? You have a pool....one person buys the tickets...everyone chips in which

is fine..(they all split the losses, $0.00 all around...Roll Eyes) then one fine day, the person appointed *buyer* of the tickets, goes and buys the tickets

with the pools money, finds out later HEY! this ticket is a winner and says something preposterous like: Well, I bought that ticket with my money,

not the pools, so all of the money is mine...

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
      Magnolia, Delaware
      United States
      Member #18795
      July 20, 2005
      789 Posts
      Posted: January 28, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I didn't see that one. Was it like some of these pool stories gone sour? You have a pool....one person buys the tickets...everyone chips in which

is fine..(they all split the losses, $0.00 all around...Roll Eyes) then one fine day, the person appointed *buyer* of the tickets, goes and buys the tickets

with the pools money, finds out later HEY! this ticket is a winner and says something preposterous like: Well, I bought that ticket with my money,

not the pools, so all of the money is mine...

But Dr65 there is one sure fire way to keep that from happening with any pool. Sure buy the pool QP tickets like always at the retailer! But when it comes to that person buying their personal lottery tickets they should be from another store and an hour later and they best not be QP's and not for the same amount as the pool tickets (example 25.00)! That stops all conflict about who's tickets (the pool tickets or the personal tickets) were the winner! Never buy the pool QP tickets at the same store as you buy your tickets "NEVER"!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2010, 5:29 am - IP Logged

wow someone pulled a fastone

lotto pool group= WE WON GUYS,    the person with the ticket, no no thats my personal ticket, i paid for it with my money, so its MINE

i tell you what, i would not need a court room or even ever other human being on earth permission , to not just kill that person right then and their,

then again, i dont play in lotto groups, so this would never happen

but i think this thro on the topic

people who get screwed and then seek other people's permission for justice,"aka  goes to the courts" deserves to get screwed,       

i mean comeon  the only real person looking out for number one  is  your self,

thats what law is great at, protecting criminal acts form real justice,

take the people who make  Toxic chemicals, so forth, and get away with doing untold amounts of damage, all cease "law" okay with it,    Exempts them to kill

if i ever get screwed  on any thing real life, no amount of other humans beings will protect them form my justice,   

i dont get  screwed over often ,  cease they know they cant run to the cops  or anyone to protect them form my revenge, 

to me ever screw job that people get away with is a reality check,

if ever human being just seeked revenge on the people who screwed them, we have a lot less jerks on earth

if people like me was not among the untold millions we be over run with untold amount of evil acts by now, do you think the corruption that is among us is not dieing to try?

their a sayin:

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible

the only thing keeping bad people form runing the whole world is people who dont ask for permission to start kicking some major butt when they get screwed over,

these lotto pool people are morons and deserve to be screwed  if they need others permission to seek revenge,   

i would of put the fear of god into that person who stolen my lotto jackpot if i was in that pool, they would need to pack up their burned ash's off the ground, cease i would of burned that theft alive with gas and a lighter

the moral of the storie would of been dont steal form crazy people!

i guest the moral of the story in this case thro is

if you must play in a lotto pool

play with people you trust, and have a plan B:  have strong moral beliefs to seek real justice when someone screws you out of your cut! ,

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2010, 5:56 am - IP Logged

There is a Karmic price to be paid for serving waffles with margarine instead of butter.

I have cursed that enterprise myself on a couple of occasions.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I once worked in a factory that had a clandestine lotto pool.  Once a week, a certain person walked around collecting money.  After ascertaining who paid and who was "out of the pool" that week, he drove to Kentucky and bought QP's.  There was never a jackpot winner so no one, I repeat, NO ONE saw a return.  There was no accounting for how many 2nd and 3rd place tickets there were.  This certain person, however, bought several acres of land, a new car, and new house.  I am sure he did not pay for his new home with 2nd and 3rd place winning tickets but I am equally sure he found some help in making the payments. 

The pool disbanded when Tennessee got their lotto.  The rule of thumb here is: NEVER JOIN A LOTTO POOL.  For those of you with questions, let me head you off at the pass.  What part of "NEVER" did you not understand?

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Vtracs is My Game!
              Georgia
              United States
              Member #3617
              February 6, 2004
              7415 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

At my job, there is 15 of us that play the MM when it is over 100 Million dollars. I am the one that collects $5 from each participant, buy the quick picks, make copies of all the tickets which total 75 tickets, and distribute a copy of the tickets to all participants so there is no discrepancy in if we did or did not win the lottery. There is a right and wrong way to do a lottery pool and so for we have not had any problems.

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

sherita if a problem happens it will happen if you hit millions..I used to run a lottery pool with another guy,we switched every other week,and if I had to do it again I would say no..I keep my gambling to myself so there is no way a problem can happen..Good luck and hope you do well with your pool..

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Vtracs is My Game!
                  Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #3617
                  February 6, 2004
                  7415 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2010, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Tiggs95. No big winners as of yet, but I am listening to all warnings. I haven't collected for tonites draw and I just might not! LOL!

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

Baton Rouge, LA
                    United States
                    Member #4602
                    May 7, 2004
                    699 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2010, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I run a lottery pool at my office with a total of 13 people.  We each put in $4 on payday(every 2 weeks), and then buy multidraw tickets for the next 4 drawings of Powerball and Lotto.  That is how I differentiate, the multidraw tickets are for the pool, single draw are for myself.  In addition, I distribute copies of all the pool tickets to all the members, which lessens the chance of a dispute.  It is a lot of work to run a pool I admit, but who knows, we might get a winner.

It was easy to run when it was just me and the lady I shared my office with, but then it grew to 13 people.  I'd tried keeping it small, but others kept inviting their friends to join.  If we win, I can retire from running it.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Milwaukee, WI
                      United States
                      Member #3131
                      December 27, 2003
                      665 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2010, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I typed the numbers in a spreadsheet and printed them up. And many people went in and out. So I kept track of who was in and out for that drawing. When there was a smaller winner that drawing I would buy extra tickets the next drawing. So if you quit the next drawing you would still be in for the extra tickets.

And I made sure that we had a winner every drawing.   Using playslips I picked every powerball from 1 to 35 so we had a winner EVERY drawing.  I QPed the 1st 5 numbers...

Nobody had any complaints. Or could...  Typing all the numbers in made it real easy to check all the tickets  by sorting the spreadsheet.  Sometimes we had over 100 lines....

MarkP

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                        Clarksville
                        United States
                        Member #487
                        July 15, 2002
                        17638 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2010, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Running a pool is work but it can be done.  Everyone should get a copy of the tickets and all wins should be equally split regardless of how big or small they are.  For really small wins such as 1-10.00 there should be a rule in place to purchase extra tickets other wise the small pool should be equally split no less than one time per month.  Whether folks know it or not, the small pool can quickly become a big pool without ever hitting even a third tier prize!

Multiple wins on multiple lines make that possible.  Most of all, everyone in the pool should have to sign an agreement about all money and whether their pool is open or closed.  The agreement should have rules for non payers in effect.  I like pools but I also know that others will take advantage if you let them. 

People who are in pools who never check their tickets, never inquire about wins and who have the attitude that everyone is honest will always get taken to the cleaners.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19817 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2010, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Did any one besides me watch the show where the Waffle House group joined a pool and won 10 Million dollars then went to court to get it .  Then ended up with nothing and the won girl got it all?  Talk about a selfish person she was it.

Bash

I saw a similar story a few years back that happened in Alabama.  A guy drove to Georgia to buy lottery tickets every week and gave some of them to waitresses as tips every morning when he bought breakfast at a local Waffle House with an "unwritten understanding" that if any of them ever won a jackpot that all the waitresses would share.  One of the waitress and her husband won a jackpot, claimed it and didn't share it with the other waitress.  The courts in Alabama wouldn't hear the case since Alabama didn't do lotteries and Georgia courts said an "unwritten understanding" wasn't a contract and wouldn't hear it either.  There was never a pool that bought lottery tickets, there were only the tickets waitresses received as tips, besides the couple claimed the winning ticket was one they bought themselves.  Even the guy who supposedly bought the winning ticket didn't get anything either.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
                            Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #82001
                            November 3, 2009
                            890 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

best thing to do is to buy duplicate tickets if ya gonna give them out as tips or gifts. There would no grey area and keep the courts and parasites lawyers out of it. None of this "unwritten understanding" nonsense.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2010, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

To the people who are running the pool let us know if you win a ton of money with your own ticket and not a ticket in the pool how it works out..After all me and the other guy did running the pool I would say no if I had it to do over again..Good luck..