Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tonight of nbc investagates

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19900 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2010, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

To the people who are running the pool let us know if you win a ton of money with your own ticket and not a ticket in the pool how it works out..After all me and the other guy did running the pool I would say no if I had it to do over again..Good luck..

That happened a few years back in one of the New England states.  A couple were going out of state to buy lottery tickets for PowerBall and co-workers of the wife asked if she would pickup 50 QPs for the office pool.  The couple bought the 50 QP for the office pool and bought 20 QP for themselves which won the jackpot.  The office pool went to court to try and make the couple share their jackpot with them but they had bought two batches of tickets at different times and the winning ticket was in the batch of 20 they bought for themselves and not in the batch of 50 they bought for the office pool and the court said they didn't have to share.

Some folks in a pool feel if anyone in the pool wins a jackpot regardless if the winning tickets didn't belong to the pool that they should share because their odds of winning was improved by them being in the pool.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2010, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

That happened a few years back in one of the New England states.  A couple were going out of state to buy lottery tickets for PowerBall and co-workers of the wife asked if she would pickup 50 QPs for the office pool.  The couple bought the 50 QP for the office pool and bought 20 QP for themselves which won the jackpot.  The office pool went to court to try and make the couple share their jackpot with them but they had bought two batches of tickets at different times and the winning ticket was in the batch of 20 they bought for themselves and not in the batch of 50 they bought for the office pool and the court said they didn't have to share.

Some folks in a pool feel if anyone in the pool wins a jackpot regardless if the winning tickets didn't belong to the pool that they should share because their odds of winning was improved by them being in the pool.

Strange how fast people's honor, self-respect and dignity can get thrown under the bus for a chance to screw someone else out of money.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2010, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

And look out for the family!!!..You just can't give them enough money..ask'em if you ever hit.."You mean this is all your going to give us after you won millions!!!"..We deserve more we are family!!!!.........

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10391 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2010, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

It's been my experience that gambling in any form should always be a solo endeavor.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2010, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss I have said that over and over on this site..Once you been thru handling a lottery pool at work all you can give is advice..If they have to have a pool at work let someone else run it..I agree keep your gambling to yourself..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2010, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

It's been my experience that gambling in any form should always be a solo endeavor.

Even when gambling alone and on your own, if you win millions of dollars friends, family, co-workers and even people you've never met may still think "what's the harm in sharing one of those millions with me?".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking