Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you be mad if...

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 7 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kennesaw, GA
United States
Member #62138
June 18, 2008
1413 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2010, 8:08 am - IP Logged

second place is like kissing your sister, i would be mad if i was one number off, it has happened to me serveral time in the GA fantasy 5, i play to win big not match 3 and 4

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2010, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Sounds like my close calls thread...

Well, I wasn't mad when I got 5/6 on PB and won 10,000 instead of 100,000,000.

I wasn't  mad when I got  5/6  on Wis  Megabucks and got $500 instead of millions.

I wasn't mad when I got 5/6 on Illinois lotto and got 1,590 instead of 5,500,000

I wasn't  mad when I got 5/6 on Wis Supercash and got $500 instead of $350,000...

I got 4/5  on Illinois little lotto instead of $1,000,000 on one and I can't remember the other...

4 times last year I got 4/5 on Wis Badger 5 one time missing out of $150,000  another was like $75,000.

Or the times you buy in the same store in the same drawing and somebody else wins...

Or you pass up a store  and it sells a big winner...

I never let this nice store clerk, that I often chat with, forget that she sold a $2,500,000 ticket to somebody else!(nicely).♥

Sometimes a clerk asks (nicely), if they are going to share if I get a big winner. I say yes, but, you have to sell me one!

PS I got 4/6 on Wis MegaBucks for $30 last night. I will tip her a bit...

MarkP

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #83350
      December 5, 2009
      1317 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2010, 8:50 am - IP Logged

There were times in the past where I would have preferred to win the $250,000 over the millions - the millions would have seemed like too much money.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
        Northern Virginia
        United States
        Member #83350
        December 5, 2009
        1317 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2010, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Sounds like my close calls thread...

Well, I wasn't mad when I got 5/6 on PB and won 10,000 instead of 100,000,000.

I wasn't  mad when I got  5/6  on Wis  Megabucks and got $500 instead of millions.

I wasn't mad when I got 5/6 on Illinois lotto and got 1,590 instead of 5,500,000

I wasn't  mad when I got 5/6 on Wis Supercash and got $500 instead of $350,000...

I got 4/5  on Illinois little lotto instead of $1,000,000 on one and I can't remember the other...

4 times last year I got 4/5 on Wis Badger 5 one time missing out of $150,000  another was like $75,000.

Or the times you buy in the same store in the same drawing and somebody else wins...

Or you pass up a store  and it sells a big winner...

I never let this nice store clerk, that I often chat with, forget that she sold a $2,500,000 ticket to somebody else!(nicely).♥

Sometimes a clerk asks (nicely), if they are going to share if I get a big winner. I say yes, but, you have to sell me one!

PS I got 4/6 on Wis MegaBucks for $30 last night. I will tip her a bit...

MarkP

4/6 on Wisconsin Megabucks should be getting you a lot more money than $30 - you should be getting closer to $250. Matching 3 of 6  that. That's why I don't like big games that much. The payouts are completely unfair.

On Tuesday, March 29, 2005, I was going to play "104" in the Virginia Pick-3. I had this plan for a long time. It slipped my mind that day and guess what ... 104 hit that night. I was kind of upset about it but I got over it pretty quickly - it was just $500.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2010, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Are you guys just trying to be modest or being completely honest with your anwsers? You guys wouldn't be one bit disaapointed for not hitting that 1 number?

NO im being completely honest.
          Especially if its Mega Million cause I never get even ONE number on MM.  If I got 5NUMBERS  on the off chance I even play and won like right now for CA the amount would be over $300k,  I would be running around the house like i DID just win the whole thing.  Its a matter of prospective.
          You should always be happy with ANY profit, not just the Big ones.  On my Fantasy Five, I almost always get a replay but on the occasions when I get the 3 number $17 dollar hit,  I am extremely happy because not only do I get to play my next set for "free".  I get to eat lunch for free as well.

You should have seen me when I won 4 of 5 f or $372.  I was screaming  throughout the house like a Madwoman!  That amont may not be anything for the people here who hit that amount all the time with their pick 3 and pick4.  But for someone like me who only plays  FF and SLP  that was a big hit!

Trust me, I don't think,  "why didn't I get the other two numbers"  I know I will one day, there is no doubt in my mind.  I win too much on my set but its just not the time,  I can wait.  In the mean time,  Ill have it  SUPERSIZED with my leftover $12.

Banana

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
            Midlands, SC
            United States
            Member #69698
            January 14, 2009
            303 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2010, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Would you be mad if you got 5 of 6 numbers in either the MM or your state lottery?

Personally I would be happy and mad at the same time. I'll be happy that I won a lot and I'll be mad that I didn't win millions. Lol

I would be oh so grateful!!!!  My family would be grateful as well.  It would provide breathing room from all of the debt that is suffocating our lives!!!  They can keep that 6th number...I'll catch it the next go round!!!!  :-)

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2010, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I was readiing this entry by MarkP1950.  "Or you pass up a store  and it sells a big winner..."

The day I found out that someone hit in "my" store   it did  hurt ALOT.  I had been playing in the store for months but didnt play that day.  someone played and won (it was a QP) and sometimes, along with my own number I get an extra QP.

It wasnt that I missed 1 number, it was  that someone won with a QP that could have been me, had I played.  I know its possible that I still wouldn't  have but you usually dont think in those terms,   Yeah that one kinda hurt.  I never know even the locations where the (local) winners are until after the fact, when I drive by and check them out.  This time it was "my" store.

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2010, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

4/6 on Wisconsin Megabucks should be getting you a lot more money than $30 - you should be getting closer to $250.

>Matching 3 of 6  that. That's why I don't like big games that much. The payouts are completely unfair.

I know the rules before I go in. So it's fair.

I won 1,590 on 5/6 on Illinois lotto...  That is parimutual, I guess my cousin hit 5/6 on lotto and won $250 because of the numbers.

There were 367 winners 4/6 on the Wis Megabucks 1/27 drawing. $250 would be $91,750.

MarkP

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2010, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Would you be mad if you got 5 of 6 numbers in either the MM or your state lottery?

Personally I would be happy and mad at the same time. I'll be happy that I won a lot and I'll be mad that I didn't win millions. Lol

NOOOO!!!! The third time I bought a CA Super Lotto ticket (before it became SL Plus) I hit 5 out of 6 numbers. Comparing my numbers to the winning numbers and realizing I hit 5 of the numbers gave me a feeling I can't even begin to describe. I don't think I could of handled hitting all 6 numbers. Anyway I was thrilled with my win.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Santa Ana
                    United States
                    Member #71159
                    February 20, 2009
                    651 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I would be extremely happy about it because lately I've missed "3" numbers!!!

Milwaukee, WI
                      United States
                      Member #3131
                      December 27, 2003
                      665 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2010, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Yeah, the normal is to MISS 6 out of 6 numbers!

MarkP

United States
                        Member #73512
                        April 16, 2009
                        106 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2010, 1:05 am - IP Logged

ONLY if the one number I missed was a number I would have selected but choose not to, but even then I'd still be happy that I won $2500, enough to get me a new laptop and still have a few hundred left over (after taxes of course).  Right now, I would be happy to get anything.  The most numbers I ever matched was 2, but I need 3 to win the minimum prize (5 bucks).  If I matched 3, I'd be a lot happier than I was the last several drawings where I didn't match that many.  As much as I want to win the jackpot, my goal now is to match at least 4 ($100).  3 would be nice, but I really want 4, (5 would be a godsend).

Bay Shore , NY
                          United States
                          Member #86236
                          February 1, 2010
                          9 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I would be really pissed cause the whole point in playing the MEGA Millions for example is to win the jackpot, not 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc....We play to win it BIG. We all want something that is LIFE CHANGING...anything less is just that, less. :)

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
                            Queens, NY
                            United States
                            Member #245
                            April 15, 2002
                            451 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I'd be delighted and even more-so if the powerplay or megaplier was at the max. Hurray!

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5120 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!PartyPartyNo Pity!White BounceNo Pity!White BounceNo Pity!White BounceHyperDrumDance