Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

State lottery Web sites responding poorly

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Play-girl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23273 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I hope several state lottery directors see this.  Their Web sites are really responding pitifully to recent events.

Believe me when I say I completely understand how adding a new game like Powerball or Mega Millions can cause ripple effects on a Web site, as you try to adjust for the changes.

But come on, you knew about this for months.  There was plenty of time to build and test the new functionality.

So many state lottery sites have been offline, responding poorly, and not showing the results in a timely manner.  Yet the state lotteries always remind people that the best source of information is their Web site.  Really?

As I write this, the entire New Jersey Lottery Web site is offline with a "Page not found" error.  Pathetic.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I hope several state lottery directors see this.  Their Web sites are really responding pitifully to recent events.

Believe me when I say I completely understand how adding a new game like Powerball or Mega Millions can cause ripple effects on a Web site, as you try to adjust for the changes.

But come on, you knew about this for months.  There was plenty of time to build and test the new functionality.

So many state lottery sites have been offline, responding poorly, and not showing the results in a timely manner.  Yet the state lotteries always remind people that the best source of information is their Web site.  Really?

As I write this, the entire New Jersey Lottery Web site is offline with a "Page not found" error.  Pathetic.

Thanks Todd, for letting us know the reasons. So that is why the resultd take so long to be seen.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:12 am - IP Logged

You should write to them and give them some advice on how to run a website. If I'm correct, I remember you saying that you're a computer consultant.

With all that money coming in, you'd think adequate allocation of some of those monies would be focused on hiring proper techs.

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

You should write to them and give them some advice on how to run a website. If I'm correct, I remember you saying that you're a computer consultant.

With all that money coming in, you'd think adequate allocation of some of those monies would be focused on hiring proper techs.

Amen!!!I Agree! Wholeheartedly!!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I can't see anything wrong with the Ky lottery site..Only thing that went wrong is they coulden't show the draw on TV for Mega Millions tuesday night?..

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40550 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Michigan can't give past drawing results for powerball. had to come here , which is what everyone should do. Thank you Todd, you do the job right the first time.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23273 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I can't see anything wrong with the Ky lottery site..Only thing that went wrong is they coulden't show the draw on TV for Mega Millions tuesday night?..

Every single one of the new Mega Millions states failed to show the Mega Millions results for at least 45 minutes after the drawing.    Including Kentucky.   Very bad.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:08 am - IP Logged

The lumbering, behemoth, three toed sloth of government bureaucracy springs into action once again with all the speed and efficiency we have come to expect.

They came, they saw, they cluster<snip>ed.

They may be slow and inefficient and unsuited and ill-equipped for their jobs but at least they're well paid. We can take pride in that. That and the fact that at some point they will likely be appointed to higher positions in government, gives us hope that they may accidentally be replaced by appointees who actually know what the hell they're doing.

Hope springs eternal!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
                  Fayetteville, Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #3593
                  February 2, 2004
                  2285 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Todd

Yous are so corrrect! Ga local results have not been updated in 2 days. I sent them an email!

Ms. Pat

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23273 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I've tried that in the past.  These government lottery agencies don't want to hire small independent business owners.  They want to only hire huge, uselessly expensive agencies -- which end up doing the type of job a huge agency would typically do (mediocre).  

Think of the lotteries like any government agency.  The employees are not rewarded for risk-taking.  They cover their butts at every decision point, which is why they only hire big, expensive companies to work for them.

I do wish one state lottery would hire me to show them how to do it, but I doubt they ever will.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

lol our state lotto once put a flash banner add at the top to  look like their recent tv ad campaign.

loading went from un noticable to 1 min.,

I had to email them saying it had increased loading time significantly, and although ran on a hard drive looks nice to them  at their swanky presentation, on an office pc us poor people out in the real world  with slow internet have to wait a min to load the results page. anyhow the animation went and a static .gif file finally replaced it. man it prob had music too.

people dont want flashy artsy  lotto pages, they want a QUICK LOADING ONE where its easy to navigate and grab your info and leave.

oh and tks for the site todd.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
                        Member #391
                        June 8, 2002
                        16071 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Perhaps a better response from these websites would have been....."For information please go to Lottery Post.com"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Every single one of the new Mega Millions states failed to show the Mega Millions results for at least 45 minutes after the drawing.    Including Kentucky.   Very bad.

I diden't put the TV and lottery site together..The site is ok but not showing it on TV was bad and thought you just meant the site..I get mixed up easy..

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1317 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2010, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

On a related, although different, note, I am getting very ticked off with the Caribbean Lottery. They have not been posting any previous results since December 2. I e-mailed them at the end of December and they still have not done anything.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34151 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2010, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I see now I guess I will have to go find another website that will show them.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.