Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the lottery, would you pull a "Tiger Woods?"

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 7 years ago by joshuacloak.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2010, 1:13 am - IP Logged

I don't know rd, those NO'S are not convincing. People the Gentleman doth Protest too Much!  too LOwdly!!

You mean you don't believe me?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
    Member #567
    August 14, 2002
    485 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2010, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi Jim. Until one is in that position, they'll never know what they'd do and this is the absolute truth. It happens with big names in politics as well as professional sports EVERY SINGLE DAY but, not all of then get CAUGHT...at least not immediately. CAUGHT is the operative word here. The big boys in congress have "toys" on the side and if you don't believe it, then you're being very naive. If it weren't true, they wouldn't be getting caught from time to time which means they were doing it all along.

One person shouldn't be frowned on any more than the other for the same shortcoming but, it just doesn't work that way. If I won the Powerball then went out and cheated on my girlfriend, it would never make the news because I'M A NOBODY, yet I'm still human. Well, guess what? So are celebrities, congressmen, congresswomen, and athletes.

If I did it and it got out, I'd just have to deal with it and accept responsibility of what happens next. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS is what I'm saying here and this isn't the last time we'll see a big name exposed for such things. Believe it.

L.L.

That's a great point.  I couldn't have said it better myself. 

Let's be honest here.  Those mistresses knew that Tiger Woods was married, and they still pursued him.  Why?  Because he is extremely wealthy.  Celebrities with money are pursued by legions of women all the time.  The only ones we ever hear about are the ones who actually got caught.  If Tiger Woods had not been caught, we would never have known about those mistresses, and he still would have been the epitome of family values in the sports world. 

The ideal situation for a lottery winner is to remain anonymous.  As everyone here on Lottery Post knows, I preach anonomity all the time.  But let's face it.  Most states want the winner's identity to be made public for two reasons: 

#1. So that the public can be assured that the prize is awarded to a real person.  

#2.  So that the publicity can become a marketing tool for the state lotteries.

I think some states like New York and Illinois actually require a news conference Scared

With those odds of winning a jackpot ( 1 in 195,249,054 for Powerball AND 1 in 175,711,536 for Mega Millions), is it really worth spending hundreds of dollars to fly to an anonymous state or even spend extra money on gas to travel to an anonymous state to buy lottery tickets?!??!?!?  It might be better to play more often in your home state so you can play in more drawings than to wait until you happen to be in an anonymous state and miss out at a drawing where you might win something.

Personally, I myself have never married, don't have any kids, and I don't have millions of dollars, so I am not in the same situation that Tiger Woods is in.  But if I ever win the lottery, the only way I would be married is if I was already married before winning that jackpot.  Marriage is a great thing, and it is a true blessing to find that life partner.  But after years of reading lottery stories of divorced winners and feuds between spouses, if someone is not interested in marrying me before I win that jackpot, I am sure as hell not marrying them after winning it.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Northern Ohio
      United States
      Member #63551
      August 1, 2008
      203 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2010, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

"Personally, I myself have never married, don't have any kids, and Idon't have millions of dollars, so I am not in the same situation thatTiger Woods is in.  But if I ever win the lottery, the only way I wouldbe married is if I was already married before winning that jackpot. Marriage is a great thing, and it is a true blessing to find that lifepartner.  But after years of reading lottery stories of divorcedwinners and feuds between spouses, if someone is not interested inmarrying me before I win that jackpot, I am sure as hell not marryingthem after winning it."

Exactly my sentiments!

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2010, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Gosh , I have to beat women off with a stick now! NOT!

If that poor guy loses his income, just what is he going to do?

Think that he can survive on his $600 mil in the bank?

Wonder if he plays the lottery?

MarkP

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2010, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

If you won the lottery, would you pull a "Tiger Woods?

My answer is no. Not from being a goody two shoes or anything but simply that one woman is enough.

Considering Tiger, a certain scene from Conan the Barbarian comes to mind.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2010, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

ridge runner I believe you..What did you say?..

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2010, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

ridge runner I believe you..What did you say?..

GRAHAaaaHaaaHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHA Oh TIggs, you are tooo funyyy LOL. LOL!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2010, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

"Personally, I myself have never married, don't have any kids, and Idon't have millions of dollars, so I am not in the same situation thatTiger Woods is in.  But if I ever win the lottery, the only way I wouldbe married is if I was already married before winning that jackpot. Marriage is a great thing, and it is a true blessing to find that lifepartner.  But after years of reading lottery stories of divorcedwinners and feuds between spouses, if someone is not interested inmarrying me before I win that jackpot, I am sure as hell not marryingthem after winning it."

Exactly my sentiments!

WoW, Smart Man!!! I mean how would a poor guy know if its for real??!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2010, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Oh Sure I believe you rd, whatever made you think I don't!! I also Believe chickens have teeth!!Oogle

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I know what you mean. Some just don't know when to QUIT! Admire their persistence I guess. LOL

The sad truth is women can pretty much ALWAYS get a man to say yes!

But for the men LOL sometimes they try so hard and we still say NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO...........WHO'S THE BOSS NOW HEHE!!!!!!!

Oh and I still say NOOOOO!!!!!

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

The sad truth is women can pretty much ALWAYS get a man to say yes!

But for the men LOL sometimes they try so hard and we still say NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO...........WHO'S THE BOSS NOW HEHE!!!!!!!

Oh and I still say NOOOOO!!!!!

A woman after my own heart!! Too many Yeses will get you "put on the shelve like a Sunday hat" Quote from my Mother, she got it from James Brown!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                        Member #54390
                        August 17, 2007
                        313 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I said this a billion times.... money make people two-faced.   To all of you who think you're innocent, just wait until all of the money is in your face. I guarantee you will change into another person.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          CA
                          United States
                          Member #57222
                          December 23, 2007
                          587 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2010, 8:42 am - IP Logged

If you won the lottery, would you pull a "Tiger Woods?

My answer is no. Not from being a goody two shoes or anything but simply that one woman is enough.

Considering Tiger, a certain scene from Conan the Barbarian comes to mind.

Wink

Coin you just increased your "cool "points with me!
                          Looking at what Tiger did, never truly affected me.  It's none of my business.  But lets face it,  there are FAR more important things for our country to talk about.  Tiger can live 2 lifetimes on his current finances,  he doesnt need to play another round of golf in his life.  He can become a "regular" person now and deal with his family issues like the rest of us.  Millions of men (and women) cheat on their partners every day.  They just don't have the world watching.

Tiger didn't play the lottery, so in my book, he is beneath LPers no matter how much money he has.   I bet has doesnt have half the interesting conversations as we LPers do.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: February 25, 2010, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I said this a billion times.... money make people two-faced.   To all of you who think you're innocent, just wait until all of the money is in your face. I guarantee you will change into another person.

YOU SEE THIS JROSINA!!!..tiggs needs to change,RIGHT NOW..Time is awasteing..tiggs want's to be another person he's been this person way to long..Can you hear me?..:):):)

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: February 25, 2010, 11:40 am - IP Logged

WoW, Smart Man!!! I mean how would a poor guy know if its for real??!!

The poor guys have no trouble knowing if it's for real. It's the rich guys who have that problem... if they care.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.