Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery New Website

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 7 years ago by avo2.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you like it?

Like [ 6 ]  [21.43%]
Don't Like [ 22 ]  [78.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
Fayetteville, Georgia
United States
Member #3593
February 2, 2004
2285 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I personally don't like it, It is too busy,redundant definitely not user friendly. I like the old one better. Who asked for redesign? I quess someone needed a job. Of course they didn't consult us anyway...what cha think?

Ms Pat

meriwetherman's avatar - azural
    gay,ga
    United States
    Member #68810
    December 30, 2008
    5942 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Oh you are so right Ms Pat, I don't like it either. I liked the smiling face of that happy winner when the old sight came up.

People never like change so they say but I guess somebody needed a job. Good insight there.

I hope they bring the old one back personally.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
      Stone Mountain, GA
      United States
      Member #3189
      January 1, 2004
      28242 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I personally don't like it, It is too busy,redundant definitely not user friendly. I like the old one better. Who asked for redesign? I quess someone needed a job. Of course they didn't consult us anyway...what cha think?

Ms Pat

I Agree!

I saw a note a few weeks ago to watch for the new design because of the addition of Powerball.  It could've been done better than what they did.  I sent them an email and told them that it sucked.  I don't think I'll be getting a reply, do you?

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Vtracs is My Game!
        Georgia
        United States
        Member #3617
        February 6, 2004
        7418 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Down Bad decision GLC....

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
          Fayetteville, Georgia
          United States
          Member #3593
          February 2, 2004
          2285 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

You need 3D glasses to use it maybe that's the intent LOL

middle Georgia
            United States
            Member #1893
            July 20, 2003
            1868 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Every time I click on this NEW webb site, here's what happens.... immediately my eyes start hurting, I get a headache and I actually believe my blood pressure rises (don't have my BP cuff handy).  Where the heck is  the history of cash 3 and 4 winning numbers and the payouts from the beginning of the games?  If you know, please tell me.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW WEBB SITE!!

My eyes still hurt and that's the truth.

maggie

Atlanta, Ga.
              United States
              Member #73339
              April 12, 2009
              95 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

They don't even have the number search ready. That's how I do my workouts. Why would you unveil a new web site before it's finished???

middle Georgia
                United States
                Member #1893
                July 20, 2003
                1868 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

They don't even have the number search ready. That's how I do my workouts. Why would you unveil a new web site before it's finished???

Being able to check the numbers that have fallen in the past is about the only reason I looked at GA's lottery site.  If I can't do that like we could do in the past, then I am THROUGH with them!!  Apparently there is a big difference of opinion of what people call progress.  I loved the old site, but this absolutely makes me SICK!!

maggie     Puke

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2010, 4:15 am - IP Logged

like the old one better had they order the dailies game from: day to night and back to day and night the following day i might had liked it...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

atlanta
                    United States
                    Member #64323
                    August 24, 2008
                    65 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2010, 4:51 am - IP Logged

what is  the  email  addy for   galottery

meriwetherman's avatar - azural
                      gay,ga
                      United States
                      Member #68810
                      December 30, 2008
                      5942 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2010, 6:13 am - IP Logged
                        Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23266 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2010, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I like some things on the new site, and dislike some things.

One thing I will mention in defense of the GA Lottery and the new site design is that many people hate when a site changes, no matter what the change is.  I faced this myself a few times when I changed Lottery Post.

When I went from a single "flat-style" forum to offering several forums in a new design, you would not believe the nasty e-mails I got, with people saying "I hate it!!" and saying they would never visit again.  In fact, I kept the very first feedback e-mail I received, which was simply, "Hate it, hate it!"

As a Web site owner, sometimes you just have to go with what you feel is right, and be prepared to take some heat the next day when people see it.  You can only hope that your instinct was right and that with some little tweaks here and there everyone can love it again.

With that being said, here is my list of likes:

• Colors are a little fresher/brighter.
                        • I like that they tried to make it a little more interactive.

My list of dislikes is longer:

• The winning numbers box at the bottom is automatically "open" when you first bring the site up.  As such, it covers up the bottom of the page, and many people will not even know that they can scroll the page down for more content.  There's actually quite a bit of content that might be missed by a majority of people.
                        • Some states (now Georgia) feel that the winning numbers should be accessible from every single page, via some kind of pop-open box.  I'm not sure that's such a great idea.  I think it would be better to simplify the page and have people go to a familar page for the results.  They already have "Winning Numbers" in the top-level menu -- why bother also putting it in a separate pop-open box on every page?
                        • It's hard to tell what's a link and what's not -- and where you will end up if you click on something.  For example, click Winning Numbers at the top and check out the black-on-white plain text links for View Recent Results.  Plus, the name on the page -- "Winning Numbers Search" -- doesn't even match the name you clicked ("Winning Numbers").  When you click Winning Numbers, I think most people expect to see a list of winning numbers, not a page of game logos.  Why not just display the winning numbers on that page??
                        • Are "Events" and "Education" really worthy of appearing as 2 of the 5 biggest menu items on every page?  Why isn't the Player's Club up there, or other items that people are likely looking for?
                        • As many others have said, it's way too busy -- not enough whitespace.  If you're going to put that much info on one page, it at least has to follow a simple layout and color scheme.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ATLANTA
                          United States
                          Member #62901
                          July 12, 2008
                          16176 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

why can't I search for a past draw?? Something's Fishy Too many flashy lights its blinding and I couldnt even find what I was looking for! All that new stuff and  I still have to wait 20 minutes to see the winning results, hint: some other states let you watch live from the website. I like the old one better,

fancy fonts and pretty colors!!

not even half as good as the other!!

LOTTO'S UPTIGHT DOWN WIT THE WEBSITE!!

Thumbs Down                              I Agree!                                BS

atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #64323
                            August 24, 2008
                            65 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

just   sent out  an  email  to  galottery and  it  wasn't  an   good one ,please  send  those  ahole  an  email  telling  how  you  feel.

GEORGIA
                              United States
                              Member #64238
                              August 22, 2008
                              9534 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2010, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

just   sent out  an  email  to  galottery and  it  wasn't  an   good one ,please  send  those  ahole  an  email  telling  how  you  feel.

Good for you avo2.  I did the same thing.  Let's hope it work.