Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 4:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Remaining anonymous

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by markp1950.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
North Carolina
United States
Member #79918
September 12, 2009
49 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I usually don't play lottery out-of-state, so I am curious if other states allow big winners to remain anonymous if they chose to?  The NCEL website states that they consider it a matter of public record if someone wins a large jackpot, unless the winner has a "valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card"...whatever that means....Thud

Entertaiment Capital
    United States
    Member #37800
    April 19, 2006
    302 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I have no problem with releasing my name because my real name is very common among Korean men in Los Angeles. I won't release my photo though.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2010, 4:24 am - IP Logged

I haven't checked to see what Tennessee allows but I have a rule of thumb regarding the lottery commission's policies in general:

If it's something that makes sense or something the players want, they will never do it under any circumstances.

However, if it's something the players don't want or something that doesn't make any sense they will do it immediately.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2010, 8:21 am - IP Logged

tennessee allows almust any legal entity to claim , thro almust no one ever does it

in tn: The check can be issued to an individual, corporation, organization, partnership, trust or estate

however take this storie of our only pb winner

first Tennessee Lottery players to win the Powerball jackpot prize,estimated at $25.5 million. “ I screamed,” said Bobbi Hubbard, 41. “Then I yelled to my husband and everyone in the store that we had won the Powerball. Bobbi’s husband, Richie, 51, said she “fell on the floor” and he had to literally pick her up

aka a idiot

must of all the states will give you their classic lawyer reply bs

such as:

state law requires the Lottery to disclose the name, home state, and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

however they fail to add the winners name can be near anything

as it can be o say: just the freaking corporation, organization, or trust Name, and the lawyers behind it are the public  faces/winners to the public

anyone with half a brain, who keeps silent, goes to a good law firm , can hide behind them,

media and public records can kiss your you know what, the only ones knowing who you are is the irs and the bankers :P ,

fyi, irs  info is confidential, public has no right to know under the 4th Amendment , aka they have no right to your papers

and the bankers want your money in their bank, so the chances of anyone on the outside to found out is near zero with a good laywer blocking any scam artists wanting to find out who you are

remb that classic lawyer line

get a lawyer and get it done!

also if you really want to piss off a state with a income tax, look up createing a  Delaware Trust

, since Delaware does not tax income accumulated in trust for beneficiaries who live outside Delaware

In the state of Delaware, your trust information is not available to the general public. Unlike other states, this is why wealthy celebrities and public figures prefer to have their trusts set up inDelaware.

must of the major banks have a Trust and Estate department , that helps create these things on your behalf with your lawyers

and must also have option of setting a delaware trust up also

, its a rather intresting set of friendly trust laws they have over their, all the big boys abuse the high  hell out of that  state

why not with best  trust laws of a state to get max protection of their money

i like to think of all the beggers out their as anti aircraft guns, all the public winners are aircraft you can hear miles away and see ,

ofc they get shut downby endless requests

if you are anything but a Stealth aircraft flying high in the sky under the cover of darkness"trusts"

be ready to get spammed with endless requests and endless grief form good for nonething human beings that is the public

to many people think they have a right to other people money

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1654 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:48 am - IP Logged

I haven't checked to see what Tennessee allows but I have a rule of thumb regarding the lottery commission's policies in general:

If it's something that makes sense or something the players want, they will never do it under any circumstances.

However, if it's something the players don't want or something that doesn't make any sense they will do it immediately.

If you never make another post here regarding the lottery...this one will hold up to the test of time, brutha. You have really said something.

L.L.

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
            North Carolina
            United States
            Member #79918
            September 12, 2009
            49 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your responses.  This is most interesting information.  I always thought if I were to win big, a lawyer would be the way to go.

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I usually don't play lottery out-of-state, so I am curious if other states allow big winners to remain anonymous if they chose to?  The NCEL website states that they consider it a matter of public record if someone wins a large jackpot, unless the winner has a "valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card"...whatever that means....Thud

In some states, including mine(Louisiana), some claim their prize using a trust, corporation, LLC, or something of that nature, and send their lawyer to collect the money, do the press conference, etc.  It isn't necessarily 100% anonymous, but it does make more work for someone trying to find out who you are.  If I hit it big, I'd probably use one of these methods to get the money, then I'd move somewhere nobody knows me, and start a new life.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34539 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2010, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your responses.  This is most interesting information.  I always thought if I were to win big, a lawyer would be the way to go.

A Lawyer and some Investers, I think, I agree with you! I would want to be Ann.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United States
                  Member #83701
                  December 13, 2009
                  225 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2010, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I would agree that a lawyer and a good accountant would be a good idea but when I ask myself whether or not I would really do that, I realize that I would not want to blow that rare one chance at financial security for myself and my family so I would probably sign the ticket immediately, hop into a car and be at the claims office first thing in the morning.   Probably not the wisest thing to do but I would be so afraid that something would go wrong such as a lost or stolen ticket, I would want the money in my accounts as soon as possible, then I would look into lying low for a while, perhaps even moving away.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

I would agree that a lawyer and a good accountant would be a good idea but when I ask myself whether or not I would really do that, I realize that I would not want to blow that rare one chance at financial security for myself and my family so I would probably sign the ticket immediately, hop into a car and be at the claims office first thing in the morning.   Probably not the wisest thing to do but I would be so afraid that something would go wrong such as a lost or stolen ticket, I would want the money in my accounts as soon as possible, then I would look into lying low for a while, perhaps even moving away.

I agree jwhou but maybe for different reasons.

I would just want to get my money out of  government hands as soon as humanly possible.

--Edmund Burke

Entertaiment Capital
                      United States
                      Member #37800
                      April 19, 2006
                      302 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I would just want to get my money out of  government hands as soon as humanly possible.

Just out of curiosity, are you an anarchist?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Just out of curiosity, are you an anarchist?

Did you say anarchist or antichrist? LOL.

No, neither. Just a freedom loving American who believes in God, Country, Family and the Constitution.

I believe our founding fathers wrote a document that was <snip> near perfect and it is now being discarded and ignored.

Hopefully we can change things this November and complete the change in 2012.

I swore an oath to defend that document. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Did you say anarchist or antichrist? LOL.

No, neither. Just a freedom loving American who believes in God, Country, Family and the Constitution.

I believe our founding fathers wrote a document that was <snip> near perfect and it is now being discarded and ignored.

Hopefully we can change things this November and complete the change in 2012.

I swore an oath to defend that document. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Wow ridge did you say a naughty word so the Lottery System had to snip it out?..You was doing so good too...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Wow ridge did you say a naughty word so the Lottery System had to snip it out?..You was doing so good too...

Yeah tiggs, maybe I should have said that big thing that holds back the water from Lake Mead that's named after Herbert Hoover outside Las Vegas. lol

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Oh rd, you have a bunch of class!!! thank you for your words to Luckyshoes! 

You are special! I wish I could say the same for some people that don't care that you work your eyes dry on their behalf and after all the work you do they lose the  information you give them!!! like it was nothing! Of course it was not their time. not you rd.. you are ok by me, we may fight but we make back up!---

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina