Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Remaining anonymous

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by markp1950.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Yeah tiggs, maybe I should have said that big thing that holds back the water from Lake Mead that's named after Herbert Hoover outside Las Vegas. lol

Yeah Hoover Dam..You could have left the "n" off we could have figured it out..I been there about 4 times and it's still is amazing to me..Don't ever go down the elevator there they pack you in like sardines...

Entertaiment Capital
    United States
    Member #37800
    April 19, 2006
    302 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Did you say anarchist or antichrist? LOL.

No, neither. Just a freedom loving American who believes in God, Country, Family and the Constitution.

I believe our founding fathers wrote a document that was <snip> near perfect and it is now being discarded and ignored.

Hopefully we can change things this November and complete the change in 2012.

I swore an oath to defend that document. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Can you define the role of the government, then? I mean, the government in general.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

just a note guys, don't rush to claim it so fast

it takes like 2 weeks to get all the money form all the states into your state bank account to give to the winner

so you got 2 weeks form winning to get a lawyer and set up ever thing, no need to sign it and rush it next day lotto hq open lol, you got breathing room!

all you be really be doing  by signing it and claiming it so soon

is giving the media time to get  to you while your sure dirt poor waiting for the money :p,

make a phote copy of it

, and store it such as in a fireproof suitcase for your papers or bank deposit box as safest while the lawyers work out the details of what you want done!

no need to rush things when you cant get the money right away!

but you could always take a loan and get out of town lol

also about role of goverment in general

i can define it , at lest in the united states

our goverment works for us, they are all civil servants

they have zero power of them selfs,  all power comes form us, the people

we are kings unto ourselves really

our intent of the govt was to make sure we don't kill each other  musty and make trade easyer, by them controling money, so forth 

that was when we first made our 200 year old govt,

however in reality their :

A money-driven conspiracy of liars, cheaters,and conartists claiming to control all morality. They assume that theyknow everything, including the difference between right and wrong,
      A bunch of evil people who wish to inslave every man, woman, and child.
      Right when you thought they couldn't possibly screw up more, they surpise you.
      They Try to force corrupt opinions and lies onto your thinking through the use of propaganda.

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2010, 4:37 am - IP Logged

I usually don't play lottery out-of-state, so I am curious if other states allow big winners to remain anonymous if they chose to?  The NCEL website states that they consider it a matter of public record if someone wins a large jackpot, unless the winner has a "valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card"...whatever that means....Thud

I wrote to the Massachusetts Lottery in regard to anonymity for winners and I got the following reply:

I understand your concerns, but the name and hometown of all of our winners are public information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Lottery Rules and Regulations. Please understand that reason for this law is not to exploit prize winners or to gain publicity for the Lottery. The law was written so that the Lottery can validate its games.  To uphold its integrity, the Lottery must be able to provide a public record of who has won its games.. We always recommend that our winners seek both legal and tax advice when they win a large prize, preferably before they come forward with the winning ticket.  One way remain fairly anonymous is to claim the prize in a trust.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this important issue.

Massachusetts State Lottery Commission

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2010, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Can you define the role of the government, then? I mean, the government in general.

The role of government is explicitly defined in the Constitution. The Constitution places strict limits on the power of the federal government over the states and the people. It was written expressly to prohibit the massive federal bureaucracy we have now. It was written to prevent a domineering, dominating, all powerful centralized government the likes of which our forefathers fled in search of true freedom. Our government is now in the hands of control freaks who subvert and ignore the Constitution and would love nothing more than to do away with it. Without that Constitution our freedom is no longer guaranteed. The only rights we'll have will be determined by the big government people who's first interests are perpetuating big government. We'll have lost everything. 

It's a quick and fascinating read, just 7 articles and 27 amendments.

I highly recommend it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2010, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I hope  that nobody figures out that I won $2 last night.

Imagine all the letters and the harrasment that I will get if they find out  that I was a big winner...

MarkP