Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Should I do--Quit Playing?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ricperkins.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Well it's up to you.  Do you still enjoy playing?   I play to win obviously,  however I know the odds are overwhelming and I am unlikely to .win a substantial jackpot.   But I play for FUN and Diversion mostly knowing that if it's my "time" I will win.   I haven't won much...maybe a thousand or two over the last 10 years playing almost weekly.     But I enjoy being able to have the day dreams and fantasies about what I would do with the money..where I would go...what kind of car I would get.....    So I guess my advice is to try and enjoy the game and the delay until the numbers are announced....kind of like waiting for Christmas Morning.......

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

May I suggest you change your focus.  You are probably dreaming of what you will do after you collect the jackpot and that dream takes you to the ticket counter day after day.  Since the dream has not come true, you are thinking about quiting.  I suggest you do quit buying lotto tickers and look elsewhere to find your dream.

Go to the beginning of this website and look at ALL the posts concerning "systems".  Get a copy of Excel and track all the draws starting with the draw on Novermber 18, 1994.  Turn your attention to finding an algorithym that will eventually give you a jackpot.  You will find the mental activity much more rewarding than losing money each and every day.  And you knows, you might be the one that finds the Yellow Brick Road.

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      700 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing for almost 19 years and the most I've ever won is $100 from a second chance drawing.  I still keep playing though, hoping for the big one to hit.  I play on my own and a I run a pool at my office, something needs to hit soon.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United States
        Member #83701
        December 13, 2009
        225 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2010, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I have been playing the lottery now for about 12 years, and so far, I have NEVER won anything substantial. I play Fantasy 5 everyday, Mega Millions twice a week, and with the Power Ball in now in Georgia, I am all over the Power Ball, too.

So far, I have NEVER won anything. It has been twelve years now, and I am beginning to wonder whether I should quit or stay in the fight. What should I do? Quit? Stay in the number's game?

Once out of curiosity, I calculated what the likely median time I had to wait before winning the Texas Two Step if I played five lines per draw twice a week.   It worked out to be 2,442 years and the Texas Two Step has odds of 1 in 1.8 million as opposed to Mega Millions 1 in 175 million or PowerBall's 1 in 195 million.   12 years is nothing in terms of lotteries.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3114 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2010, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Keep working your systems EXACTLY as you were, only play the numbers they didn't pick.  BobP

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2010, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

if you feel like giving up just spend: $24 a year on Powerball/Megamillions $1 every 2 weeks quick picks...If is not too much for you...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2010, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing the lottery now for about 12 years, and so far, I have NEVER won anything substantial. I play Fantasy 5 everyday, Mega Millions twice a week, and with the Power Ball in now in Georgia, I am all over the Power Ball, too.

So far, I have NEVER won anything. It has been twelve years now, and I am beginning to wonder whether I should quit or stay in the fight. What should I do? Quit? Stay in the number's game?

I've been playing and losing even longer than you but I enjoy playing and dreaming of beating the odds, it's entertainment.  If you have doubts about playing the lottery then you would probably be better off to quit and start spending your entertainment dollars on something you enjoy more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

if you feel like giving up just spend: $24 a year on Powerball/Megamillions $1 every 2 weeks quick picks...If is not too much for you...

play them advanced...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

OUCH!!!!!!

Maybe you could give us a little more info such as......how many lines per play? QP's? The same numbers over and over? Systems?

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I always forget this...If you are a regular person and dont know anything about lottery, play pick3 if you noticed you are very good at it try pick4 and if you want to try Powerball...POOL, THAT´S THE BEST THING TO DO...POOL WITH PEOPLE...

if you cant afford a pool then just spend: $24 a year 1 quick pick every 2 weeks and play it advanced....

And if you are serious about Powerball and you got some chump/little change gather with people like 60 each one chips in: i dont know $20 a month and with it, it will be: 1,200 that you could pay as salary someone who is good at math and numbers and the lottery to chase powerball for you and for the: 60 people, not the 60 people could be separated in groups of: 10 or 15 and the groups of 15 play with their pooled money from the systems gathered from guy who is good at math and each group plays their own numbers...the guy who is good at math is going to be working for the 4 groups of 15 and the math guy gives recomendation to each group of 15 and the group of 15 pool and play....

dude i dont know what to tell you to spend because i dont know how much a year you make...And you dont have to chase powerball you can chase pick6/49, pick5 whatever you like...If you are serious and dont worry about it too much and dont spend your time worrying about it, you ALREADY GOT SOMEONE WORKING FOR YOU...

I think this is the best way to approach the lottery in general....

every weekend when you are off on your spare time you check with your lottery math guy and see how things are doing....

Dude the stock market has 20,000 stock is like having 20,000 combinations and you dont see someone calling Ameritrade saying i want 1/300th fraction of this stock and this and that, what do they do, they call someone to do the job for them, and yet the stock market has 20,000 stocks/combinations....Powerball has 200 million combinations....Pick5 has 500,000 combinations, pick6 has 6 to 26 million combinations...

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2010, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Something your math guy could do is here in LP they make prediction and many times they are off by 1 number they will have 4/5 but the 5th number they will be off by less then 3 numbers for Pick5 i am thinking if you are: off by 1 number your math guy could figure out a way to add the other 2 numbers and this happens like every week also a lot of them get: 3/5´s with wheels less than 12 so if he can figure out a way to harness the 3/5 and add them to the other 2 numbers of the rest of the range you will win a Pick5 jackpot almost everyday or every week...Same thing with the 4/6 and 3/6 but again leave that to your MATHEMATICIAN GUY, that´s why he studied mathematics and he does the job for you...You could also pick an ingeneering/architect person but is preferrably a mathematician or someone studying mathematics....

That´s something i have wanted to do for years harness the power of the 3/5, 4/5, 2/5, 3/6, 4/6...Dont know how i am not a mathematician or programmer....

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2010, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

i dont know how much you make a year but if you make for instance if you make: $75,000 to $100,000 a year gather people who make the same as you and pool and you could save (if you are serious about winning Powerball) gather 60 people in groups of 15 each pitch in: $200 a month for 2 years...It will be: $300,000 and get yourself a semi-mini-supercomputer...And from those 2 years the 60 people pool each pitch in $20 a month and pay a mathematician-programmer to work the supercomputer and use his skills to program the semi-mini-supercomputer and work along side with the supercomputer and go after powerball or he could use the supercomputer to harness the power of the: 3/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 2/5, 4/6, 2/6 and win any lotto you like...And the supercomputer feeds numbers individually to each of the 4 groups of 15...

thats if you make: $72K to $100K a year....that´s if you are serious about the lotto...

also the lotto is not that hard because if you let each odd number in a 3 dimensional field be a right turn and a even number be a left turn per decade of the game not that hard (you know 1-10: 11-20: 21-30: 31-40: 41-50)...plus assuming you will have a semi-mini-supercomputer along with a mathematician...Again not that hard...plus you are harnessing the power of the: 3/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 2/5, 4/6, 2/6...It shouldnt be that hard...

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2010, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

i dont know how much you make a year but if you make for instance if you make: $75,000 to $100,000 a year gather people who make the same as you and pool and you could save (if you are serious about winning Powerball) gather 60 people in groups of 15 each pitch in: $200 a month for 2 years...It will be: $300,000 and get yourself a semi-mini-supercomputer...And from those 2 years the 60 people pool each pitch in $20 a month and pay a mathematician-programmer to work the supercomputer and use his skills to program the semi-mini-supercomputer and work along side with the supercomputer and go after powerball or he could use the supercomputer to harness the power of the: 3/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 2/5, 4/6, 2/6 and win any lotto you like...And the supercomputer feeds numbers individually to each of the 4 groups of 15...

thats if you make: $72K to $100K a year....that´s if you are serious about the lotto...

also the lotto is not that hard because if you let each odd number in a 3 dimensional field be a right turn and a even number be a left turn per decade of the game not that hard (you know 1-10: 11-20: 21-30: 31-40: 41-50)...plus assuming you will have a semi-mini-supercomputer along with a mathematician...Again not that hard...plus you are harnessing the power of the: 3/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 2/5, 4/6, 2/6...It shouldnt be that hard...

do it only for entertainment... only....  or else don't do it

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: March 14, 2010, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

look at this post:  look at the spread of MegaMillions in the link is mostly from 1-34 most of the time but if you take the 2 preceeding drawings you will noticed that they dont repeat on the actual drawing making megamillions a: 1-24 game range...Actually a 1-21 game because megamillions is from 1-56 originally not from 1-59...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/208585

Milwaukee, WI
                              United States
                              Member #3131
                              December 27, 2003
                              665 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2010, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Remember, it is a game, not an investment!

MarkP