Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lets get a better understanding of what actually wins! Powerball

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

On Powerball - Fellow Posters - when you win on Powerball is it on...

Quick Pick with one line ONLY on ticket [ 13 ]  [25.49%]
Quick Pick Tickets with a two lines ONLY on ticket [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Quick Pick with three lines ONLY on ticket [ 3 ]  [5.88%]
Quick Pick with four lines ONLY on ticket [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Quick Pick with five lines ONLY on ticket [ 14 ]  [27.45%]
Own numbers played on one ticket without Q.Picks [ 21 ]  [41.18%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
TN
United States
Member #80857
October 5, 2009
63 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2010, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Draw upon the impressive talent found in Maddog's prediction threads (Jackpot Forum) to increase your odds of winning.

I believe there have been several 5 + 1 predictions between LP members in the past.

The challenge is determining which predictions to mix/match when selecting your numbers.

If you have a little extra cash laying around, select a series of numbers from multiple LP members and wheel them.

Even a 5 + 0 hit will change your life.

I was kind of hoping that I was the only one doing this! Errrr.

I Agree!

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
    Nashville, TN
    United States
    Member #86739
    February 9, 2010
    483 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I like this concept. I need to learn more about 'wheeling' the numbers.

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2010, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I like this concept. I need to learn more about 'wheeling' the numbers.

it is a very bad idea. you are basically pooling a few numbers and then taking them and finding all the combos that could be made from them. this also means that you will lose more money. the miniscule improvement in odds does not justify the very significant amount you have to dish out to cover all these combinations from the pool of numbers you selected. Also as with any method: garbage in >> garbage out. No matter what selection process you use to reduce numbers and wheel whats left, it simply there is no guarantee because any number can come out.

and as far as LP members winning challenges..it really means nothing...i can let my puppy select my numbers randomly and do just as good.  How can you know something beforehand that is random by definition.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
        Nashville, TN
        United States
        Member #86739
        February 9, 2010
        483 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

it is a very bad idea. you are basically pooling a few numbers and then taking them and finding all the combos that could be made from them. this also means that you will lose more money. the miniscule improvement in odds does not justify the very significant amount you have to dish out to cover all these combinations from the pool of numbers you selected. Also as with any method: garbage in >> garbage out. No matter what selection process you use to reduce numbers and wheel whats left, it simply there is no guarantee because any number can come out.

and as far as LP members winning challenges..it really means nothing...i can let my puppy select my numbers randomly and do just as good.  How can you know something beforehand that is random by definition.

Interesting...thank you.

So basically Wheeling is taking a large group of numbers and spitting them all out to where you cover all of them but like you said, spend a lot of $ doing it?

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
          Member #567
          August 14, 2002
          483 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

The game is totally random, and there is NO guaranteed way to beat the lottery.  It all depends on luck.  People spend so much time agonizing over what numbers to play, yet the person you see holding that display check on TV won by a quick pick.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
            Member #9579
            December 12, 2004
            2121 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2010, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

i think if it was really random,then you would have more then one ticket winning the 200-300 million dollar jackpots.it would be nice to have like 10 winners winning the huge jackpots.

new york
              United States
              Member #54744
              August 28, 2007
              60 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2010, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

3 4 9 18 19  that was a qp of mine from this past mega........ that's why i dont play qp's.... lol

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Hello fellow Lottery Post members,

I posted the above poll to see if fellow posters can help shed some light on the poll.  This information has always bothered me - Is it better to buy single tickets with one line each - or is there any correlation between the timing mechanism in the lottery machine and the number it generates that makes the "randomness" and combination of the numbers any "more likely" if any correlation can be found.

Although we all know it has to do with the numbers picked - there may be a correlation here if enough people can comment on their past experiences.

Also, some state lotteries offer things such as buy 5 quick pick ON THE SAME TICKET and get one free or some sort of promotion.  I know that the only reason that is done is to get the person who is willing to purchase one or two quick picks to put in the extra money to get a few more - which will raise the lottery revenue.  However, it wouldnt surprise me if the lottery retailer does this becuase they know that 5 lines of Quick Pick on the same ticket RARELY generates winning combinations.  Or else why would they limit such and mandate that all be on 1 ticket.  If they really wanted to stick to revenue then they wouldnt need to mandate that it should all be on one ticket - but instead all ordered at the same time.  I hope everyone understands my point.

Please help out here.  Hopefully it will be a successful post that will lead in one direction which may be a correlation.

There is a method of winning any lottery with quick picks ,but it all depends on what machine button you use to buy your tickets.Winning prizes always hide within these quick pick buttons. I wrote two posts on lotterypost on the matter, here is a link to it http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/213629 .if anybody needs more explanation, please follow through on the post and i will answer.I have been very successful playing quick picks that way.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11979 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

$5 quick pick on the same ticket is the way to go.If you read the stories of most mega millions and powerball winners, they have won with a $5 quick pick. Whenever you buy $10, $20, $40 and $50 quick picks. the tickets are printed on $5 quick pick tickets. i know that some mega millions and powerball states print $10 on a single ticket.but you can always ask the clerk to push the $5 button on the machine twice to get two $5 tickets quick pick instead of a $10 on one ticket.By the way in new york when you buy $10 quick pick mega millions it does not get printed on a single $10 quick pick ticket. You actually get two $5 quick pick tickets but the difference is that one ticket goes all the way from A,B,C,D,E AND THE OTHER $5 quick pick goes from F,G,H,I,J . In other words you do get  a $10 quick pick because it goes all the from A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J. In order for you to get two $5 quick picks with letters A,B,C,D,E you have to tell the clerk to punch the $5 button twice on the machine instead of the $10 button.

To be successful at playing with $5 quick pick, you have to be good at timing.You have to purchase your $5 quick pick on different times each time you play, and sometimes on different days. I hope this will help.By the way whenver someone wins powerball and mega millions read their stories to see how much they played and at what time they played.Most of the time you will notice that they won using #5 button on the machine or #1,#2,#3,#4,and #10 buttons.they played $1,$2,$3,$4,$5 and$10.

Most powerball and mega millions winners use the #5 button to win the jackpot or second prizes, but they alternate the purchasing time and days in order to win.THE POWERBALL WINNER ON APRIL 21,2010  PLAYED WITH #5 MACHINE BUTTON.He played $5 quick pick, he bought his ticket on the same day of the drawing at around 7pm and the last line(E) had the winning combination.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: May 9, 2010, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

The odds of winning the jackpot are exactly the same whether you wheel a small group of numbers for $20 or get $20 worth of QPs. The only real way to compare the two bets is to make both bets and see which method out preformed the other on secondary prizes. I for one won't spend the extra 20 bucks to test it, but there is a QP generator on LP that accomplishes the same thing.

When I lived in Ohio I played Rolling Cash 5 and had some success using the 19 combination 3 if 4 of 14 number wheel I found right here on LP. I wouldn't recommend playing any set of numbers in any wheel before testing the method of choosing those numbers over many drawings to find out if it consistently yields 2 or 3 number hits with an occasional 4 or 5.

"and as far as LP members winning challenges..it really means nothing..."

I disagree because they can wheel their 12 numbers into 12 combinations playing a 3 if 4 of 12 numbers wheel using each of the four bonus ball picks three times and break even just by matching the bonus ball. Nobody is saying it's easy to match 5 number out of only 12 and just maybe that's why Maddog calls it a "Challenge".

United States
                      Member #69066
                      January 4, 2009
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Hello fellow Lottery Post members,

I posted the above poll to see if fellow posters can help shed some light on the poll.  This information has always bothered me - Is it better to buy single tickets with one line each - or is there any correlation between the timing mechanism in the lottery machine and the number it generates that makes the "randomness" and combination of the numbers any "more likely" if any correlation can be found.

Although we all know it has to do with the numbers picked - there may be a correlation here if enough people can comment on their past experiences.

Also, some state lotteries offer things such as buy 5 quick pick ON THE SAME TICKET and get one free or some sort of promotion.  I know that the only reason that is done is to get the person who is willing to purchase one or two quick picks to put in the extra money to get a few more - which will raise the lottery revenue.  However, it wouldnt surprise me if the lottery retailer does this becuase they know that 5 lines of Quick Pick on the same ticket RARELY generates winning combinations.  Or else why would they limit such and mandate that all be on 1 ticket.  If they really wanted to stick to revenue then they wouldnt need to mandate that it should all be on one ticket - but instead all ordered at the same time.  I hope everyone understands my point.

Please help out here.  Hopefully it will be a successful post that will lead in one direction which may be a correlation.

I don't think it matters either.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2010, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

THRIFTY - you seem to have it all figured out, just like hundreds of thousands of other folks that have yet to win.

Let us know when you bag the big one, LOL.

(and I actually mean that respectfully)

PS

Actually, Mr. Thrifty, I was just like you - I had visions of grandeur, I was onto something, I had some things figured out, I was doing well, and that lasted about a year.

We all have plans, systems and ideas, and 99.9999999% don't work.

Oh sure we all have a 'system' that will get us one or two numbers fairly consistently, but anything less than 4 WB on a consistent basis is worthless.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10351 Posts
                          Posted: May 10, 2010, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Anything short of a jackpot actually won is pure conjecture and nothing else.

Most jackpots that are won are won by quick picks 70 to 80% of the time.

Nothing else to figure out.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.