Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega...this is getting old

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by st.germain.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Cha$e-IL's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
Chicago
United States
Member #58821
February 27, 2008
16 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2010, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Il finally had a 20mil mega winner...it only took about 2 1/2 to three yrs.  I posted a topic about states and thier population and lookie lookie...CA and NY have been racking up along with a few other states. I would just like to see it spead around a bit more...I wonder if we the ppl of IL were to boycott the MM would we see a more equal jp spread...I know stay positive...but I'm done giving my MM money to CA and NY...powerball is the game for me until I see a pattern there...If you live in IL or any other state that has yet to see a jp in a year or more join me in a big SCREW U MM BOYCOTT...

Set4life's avatar - 2554
    East Hampton, NY
    United States
    Member #41995
    June 25, 2006
    1137 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

are you serious?No No

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Cha$e-IL's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #58821
      February 27, 2008
      16 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I posted a topic about large states and their playing population and how that would affect the number of tickets sold and won and everyone said that would'nt be a factor, besides they would have more winners, but they would also have more losers...but losers dont count...and yes I was joking but hey No No u too...

United States
        Member #9579
        December 12, 2004
        2121 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

the lottery is the big winner,adding it up every drawing!just think how much our school taxes will go down!

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
          Member #32537
          February 12, 2006
          698 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

pretend their no such thing as state lines, or nations

its simple, the area's with the must people should win must of the time

as people Love to live in the millions of each other , in only so many miles of each other "city's"
          i know their all crazy!,

but what can you do, you cant fix stupid

so they win must of the time as they make up must of the lotto tickets sells

at lest your state sure getting their cut, and If you ever Won

must of the other states players Are the ones who paid for your jackpot prize!

get over it, its simple math and logic,  highest pop= highest numbers of sold  tickets=  highest number of winners

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I posted a topic about large states and their playing population and how that would affect the number of tickets sold and won and everyone said that would'nt be a factor, besides they would have more winners, but they would also have more losers...but losers dont count...and yes I was joking but hey No No u too...

You obviously haven't read how these multi-states game work.  The participating states contribute 1/3 of the basic ticket sales to the jackpot and keep the rest along with any money paid to play the multipliers to run the game locally.  The only money the states share is the jackpot.  If states didn't make money locally, they wouldn't add these games to their offerings and local folks wouldn't play them if they didn't have a large jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

awwcrap's avatar - moon
              ky
              United States
              Member #37768
              April 19, 2006
              90 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

boycott megamillions?  i will not...

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:35 am - IP Logged

boycott megamillions?  i will not...

Neither will I. I like to play and I don't think the game is rigged.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

TN
                  United States
                  Member #80857
                  October 5, 2009
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Are both games computerized?

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2010, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Are both games computerized?

research it and get back to us.  Wink

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2010, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

OH BOY! I'm not boycotting MM but I hardly ever play because I don't like the odds. 

How long before you decide to boycott PB too?

TinFoilHat85705's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                        Tucson
                        United States
                        Member #86504
                        February 5, 2010
                        28 Posts
                        Posted: March 24, 2010, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

The PB has its oddities too when it comes to counts on which states have won (since 1992). Indiana is the place to be (apparently). And you can't say they've won the most because they've been in it since the beginning as other states who have as well only have as little as a few wins compared to over 30. Indiana seems to fall close to the middle of the population across the U.S. (2006) as well, so I've been at a total loss... but I'd sure like to know why.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: March 24, 2010, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

The PB has its oddities too when it comes to counts on which states have won (since 1992). Indiana is the place to be (apparently). And you can't say they've won the most because they've been in it since the beginning as other states who have as well only have as little as a few wins compared to over 30. Indiana seems to fall close to the middle of the population across the U.S. (2006) as well, so I've been at a total loss... but I'd sure like to know why.

A lot of players from Ohio have won a PB jackpot in Indiana, in fact two of the largest PB jackpots ever won in Indiana were by a player from Dayton and a group of factory workers from Columbus.  When Ohio start selling PB tickets next month, that won't be happening again same as when Ohio joined MM in '02 cut down on Michigan BigGame winners.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10354 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2010, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there's any state right now tat has MM or PB and no state Pick 6, but it would be interestign if there was one to see the difference in lottery revenue betwen it and a state with both.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: March 25, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there's any state right now tat has MM or PB and no state Pick 6, but it would be interestign if there was one to see the difference in lottery revenue betwen it and a state with both.

There definitely will be some difference in lottery revenue because before the cross selling started states with a multi-state game attracted players from neighboring states.  Now that most states will be selling both games, revenue from out of state players will cease.  Larger states will probably see an increase in sales while smaller states will see a decrease.

Evil Looking