Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega...this is getting old

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by st.germain.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2010, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there's any state right now tat has MM or PB and no state Pick 6, but it would be interestign if there was one to see the difference in lottery revenue betwen it and a state with both.

Tennessee, they dropped the Pick6 when MM came in.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19901 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Tennessee, they dropped the Pick6 when MM came in.

It's a way to get live ball drawings without spending extra money for a studio and crew.  This should make  players who complained about computer drawings happier about playing locally.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

It's a way to get live ball drawings without spending extra money for a studio and crew.  This should make  players who complained about computer drawings happier about playing locally.

Yeah, that computer P6 was a loser from the beginning but they wouldn't consider the fact that a lot of people won't play computer games unless there's nothing else.

The Tennessee Lottery's mind is made up and set in stone.

They're determined to do everything the way they do now and will never change, no matter what happens.

I'm glad they dumped the P6 but it was cowardly the way they used MM as the excuse. They would have kept it forever otherwise though because dumping it would be admitting they screwed up.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2010, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I hate giving my money to another state too, but statistics show that more winners are sold in areas where more tickets are sold.  The higher the population, the bigger the market, and the harder to saturate that market.  Therefore, more tickets have to be sold to completely saturate that market.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
          chicago ill.
          United States
          Member #3600
          February 4, 2004
          337 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2010, 1:32 am - IP Logged

I cannot remember anyone winning the jackpot here in Illinois...when was that? I must have missed that. I usually am up to date on the MM game....might of been that time I lost a ticket...Oh  Crap!

Did they show where that ticket was bought?   LOL!