Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

scratching the barcode first?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
cadmill12's avatar - praying hands.jpg
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #48262
December 18, 2006
36 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2010, 1:27 am - IP Logged

I see alot of people only scratch of to see what the letter spell out.  I think the nylottery knows that because, a store put up a winning loose change ticket in the window for $500.00 and it didn't spellFVH,  it had some different letters.  They started to change the lettering on some of the tickets.  I TOLD A SOME PEOPLE TO MAKE SURE U CHECK THE WHOLE TICKET BECAUSE THEY ARE THROWING AWAY WINNERS. IF THE WINNING TICKETS ARE SOLD AND NOT BEING CASHED IN  THEN THEY KNOW THEY AREN'T READING THE TICKETS COMPLETELY.

TWO = TWO

THREE = THR

FOUR = FOR

FIVE = FIV

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
    Member #6363
    August 20, 2004
    4061 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2010, 1:41 am - IP Logged

I see alot of people only scratch of to see what the letter spell out.  I think the nylottery knows that because, a store put up a winning loose change ticket in the window for $500.00 and it didn't spellFVH,  it had some different letters.  They started to change the lettering on some of the tickets.  I TOLD A SOME PEOPLE TO MAKE SURE U CHECK THE WHOLE TICKET BECAUSE THEY ARE THROWING AWAY WINNERS. IF THE WINNING TICKETS ARE SOLD AND NOT BEING CASHED IN  THEN THEY KNOW THEY AREN'T READING THE TICKETS COMPLETELY.

TWO = TWO

THREE = THR

FOUR = FOR

FIVE = FIV

That is true, for small prizes the letters do spell out the prizes won.

On the larger prizes the code looks like it is random again.

If people are going by the 3 letter codes only, then they are making a serious mistake.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3333 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2010, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Wonder if sctatching the barcode only was why this ticket ended up in the trash?  

Man Picks $1 Million Lottery Ticket Out Of Trash

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/121277/461425?q=store+trash&tab=nw&rp=search

Good luck to everyone!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
        NC
        United States
        Member #29378
        January 1, 2006
        552 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2010, 9:36 am - IP Logged

In NC they don't use readable rify codes,so you can't verify if you have a winning ticket or not. They learned their lesson in VA - GTech originally... People would scratch a ticke, think they didn't win, then look at the code and it would say like TWF = $25. So, when it came to setting up NC they changed all that so the people would throw away more winnings tickets & more money would eventually go into the general fund for the state. Watch yourselves out there. God Bless & Happy Easter - Pogo

ohio
          United States
          Member #69613
          January 13, 2009
          53 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2010, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I was behind a lady today who would not buy a scratch ticket until she saw the back of it

something about lines on it?    anyone heard of that ???     seemed like she looked under the bar code

on the back of the ticket..............

If you look on the back bottom corners of the lottery ticket, occassionally they have lines on them. Lots of people believe it means that the ticket is a winner, but in reality, it isn't always the case.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
            OHIO
            United States
            Member #4164
            March 27, 2004
            14586 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

TWO = TWO

THREE = THR

FOUR = FOR

FIVE = FIV

TWENTY = TWN

FIVE HUNDRED = FUN

----------------------------------

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #79918
              September 12, 2009
              49 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2010, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

That's why I always sign the back of my tickets.  Plus, I check them on the NCEL website before I turn them in.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2010, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

SmileyThat man that found a million dollar scratch off in the trash, the person had only scratched the barcode.

takeemtothebank