Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone else find it odd...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dead_Aim.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
Member #6363
August 20, 2004
4148 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2010, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else find it odd that MO Pick 4 has never drawn a quad in the last 6 years (since going computer drawn) in the midday or evening game?

I questioned them once about it and they assured me that the quads were turned on in their program.

I emailed them back and said, that is what TN told their lottery players when there were no doubles for months

when their Pick 3 game went to computer drawings and then finally had to admit there was a problem with their program.

I got no response to that email.

6 years and no quad of any kind. Is that still in the range of normal?

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

libra's avatar - chi
    Cleveland , Ohio
    United States
    Member #961
    December 27, 2002
    44204 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Here  in Ohio it took from 4/9/1981 to 7/7/1990 for them to pull the first Quad 6666. And we use ball machines. So 6 years seems to be a little short.

Good Luck Libra Dave

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4148 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2010, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Here  in Ohio it took from 4/9/1981 to 7/7/1990 for them to pull the first Quad 6666. And we use ball machines. So 6 years seems to be a little short.

Good Luck Libra Dave

Hey Dave thanks for the reply.

But best I can tell, OH didn't start their midday game until 1999. So you went from 81 to 90 (9 years) on a single drawing schedule. Where we have had both drawing for the last 6 years, if I have that figured correctly. MO 6 years of double drawings, is the same as 12 years of OH single drawing. So even by OH standards we should have had one already. 

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51060 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Does anyone else find it odd that MO Pick 4 has never drawn a quad in the last 6 years (since going computer drawn) in the midday or evening game?

I questioned them once about it and they assured me that the quads were turned on in their program.

I emailed them back and said, that is what TN told their lottery players when there were no doubles for months

when their Pick 3 game went to computer drawings and then finally had to admit there was a problem with their program.

Based on probabilities: out of 1000 draws we should theoretically expect:

504 non-repeat numbers (50.40%)

432 doubles (43.20%)

27 double-doubles (2.70%)

36 triples (3.6%)

1 quadruple (0.1%)

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
          Member #6363
          August 20, 2004
          4148 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2010, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Based on probabilities: out of 1000 draws we should theoretically expect:

504 non-repeat numbers (50.40%)

432 doubles (43.20%)

27 double-doubles (2.70%)

36 triples (3.6%)

1 quadruple (0.1%)

Thank you Raven.

So with the 4146 drawings we have had since the computer took over drawing the Pick 4 for us, we "statistically" should have had 4 quads already.

That sounds more like it to me. At this point, I would be happy with one or two just to know it is possible.

I am still not convinced they don't have them shut off just to avoid the massive hit a quad  puts on the lottery's wallet.

What better way to avoid a massive payout than to shut off something that rarely comes anyway.

It would be so hard to prove one way or the other, and it wouldn't come into question much due to the rarity of the situation.

hmmm...Ponder

Many Winners to You.

D_A

washington dc
            United States
            Member #58832
            February 27, 2008
            1011 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2010, 7:10 am - IP Logged

computerized and non computerized lotteries have certain patterns and leave out numbers for years.

washington dc has not had 321X straight for any number since 2003 but is has had quads.

i would think that 321X straight is less rare than a quad but the programming in the dc lottery does not agree.

why has not 5393,5343,5342 not shown up straight in any state since 2007 but every other sequence of

53X3 has shown up multiple times.  each lottery for each state has its own range for what is normal. best of

luck with the quads.

United States
              Member #6363
              August 20, 2004
              4148 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2010, 7:35 am - IP Logged

computerized and non computerized lotteries have certain patterns and leave out numbers for years.

washington dc has not had 321X straight for any number since 2003 but is has had quads.

i would think that 321X straight is less rare than a quad but the programming in the dc lottery does not agree.

why has not 5393,5343,5342 not shown up straight in any state since 2007 but every other sequence of

53X3 has shown up multiple times.  each lottery for each state has its own range for what is normal. best of

luck with the quads.

Wow! Now that is some major serious tracking.

Well done. I may to re-evaluate what I am considering overdue.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

washington dc
                United States
                Member #58832
                February 27, 2008
                1011 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2010, 8:06 am - IP Logged

thanks D A you are one of the people i learned from.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23349 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2010, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Wow! Now that is some major serious tracking.

Well done. I may to re-evaluate what I am considering overdue.

Pretty straight-forward to find using LP's Lottery Results Search Engine.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

washington dc
                    United States
                    Member #58832
                    February 27, 2008
                    1011 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2010, 8:59 am - IP Logged

could not do it without you todd but most people do not have the time it takes to do the research to find the patterns .

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                      mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5906 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Dead Aim..can you get an OFFICIAL PRE-TEST draw list from your state past 6 years..I would like to know  if a QUAD has hit there but you the players couldnt catch it because those draws dont count..but would have counted if they were not tampering with the draws..I would almost be willing to bet that there is more than one in there...!!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                        Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20233 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2010, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Don't really find this to odd yet D_A,

NJ didn't have a quad until 6 yrs after it's inceptionm then there was a time none showed for 9 yrs from 1992 to 2001, so all in all not to odd  yet...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

United States
                          Member #6363
                          August 20, 2004
                          4148 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for all the info.

LB, I doubt very seriously that they keep any official public record of the pretest/post-test draws they do before and after the actual drawing, but I could ask.

It would be a 50/50 chance on getting any info from them, sometimes they answer questions you have and sometimes they don't.

Even when they are not accusatory. Wink

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
                            nashville
                            United States
                            Member #4990
                            June 8, 2004
                            1376 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2010, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for all the info.

LB, I doubt very seriously that they keep any official public record of the pretest/post-test draws they do before and after the actual drawing, but I could ask.

It would be a 50/50 chance on getting any info from them, sometimes they answer questions you have and sometimes they don't.

Even when they are not accusatory. Wink

I think they have to Tennessee does . I got a print out of all pretest draws a while back had to go to the lottery office to pick it up they wouldnt mail it to much postage I got them for like one year dont know if they keep them past that or not.I was angry about double ones not falling its amazing how many times they fell in pretest drawings Tn  has 3 before each drawing and 3 after each drawing so thats 6 extra each day makes it hard to track unless you have daily access.

United States
                              Member #56862
                              December 6, 2007
                              1826 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I think they have to Tennessee does . I got a print out of all pretest draws a while back had to go to the lottery office to pick it up they wouldnt mail it to much postage I got them for like one year dont know if they keep them past that or not.I was angry about double ones not falling its amazing how many times they fell in pretest drawings Tn  has 3 before each drawing and 3 after each drawing so thats 6 extra each day makes it hard to track unless you have daily access.

i never knew this, i am so shocked, i know i shouldn't be but that could explain alot of numbers that go so overdue.  tennessee has only had 1 quad since the beginning and it was on evening 1111.   kid