Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is there a safe way to reduce pick3 combos?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #64562
August 31, 2008
48 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2010, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

i'm trying a new approach and i was wondering if anyone knows of a safe way to eliminate number combos from the pick3. instead of trying to predict which number will be drawn is there a way to predict which numbers will not be drawn? also does anyone know how many draws/days a boxed number will go before repeating, on average?

United States
    Member #64562
    August 31, 2008
    48 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2010, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Is there no one with any insight?

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Hold on mprober! You will get answers, It's Sat. Food shopping, Clothes from Cleaners, family outings... etc..you know

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #64562
        August 31, 2008
        48 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2010, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Hold on mprober! You will get answers, It's Sat. Food shopping, Clothes from Cleaners, family outings... etc..you know

Sorry, I forget people have more important things to do, I'll sit tight.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I think the safest way to reduce p-3 combos would be in a bomb shelter.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

joker THEY really need to cut back your hours in a given workday.

Even if you choose to eliminate combos you think WON'T hit essentially your still doing this when you choose combos you think WILL hit.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23277 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

i'm trying a new approach and i was wondering if anyone knows of a safe way to eliminate number combos from the pick3. instead of trying to predict which number will be drawn is there a way to predict which numbers will not be drawn? also does anyone know how many draws/days a boxed number will go before repeating, on average?

If you upgraded to Platinum membership you would have full access to the lottery results search engine, which provides answers to these and many other questions.

For example, on the number of days between repeats of a box combo, just run a search for a combo over a stretch of time, and then count the number of times it occurred within that stretch of time.  A simple division will give you the average number of days between hits of that combo.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Oklahoma City, OK
                United States
                Member #87976
                March 7, 2010
                101 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2010, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

If you upgraded to Platinum membership you would have full access to the lottery results search engine, which provides answers to these and many other questions.

For example, on the number of days between repeats of a box combo, just run a search for a combo over a stretch of time, and then count the number of times it occurred within that stretch of time.  A simple division will give you the average number of days between hits of that combo.

The site is chocked full of great info, I just hope I get the time to figure them all out. There's so many great new gadgets to play with and things to poke, prod and tweak! lol  Thanks for all the great resources you've provided for us, Todd!

Yes Nod

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!    Cool

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

HAHAHAHAAAAALMHOOOoooooof Joker that came out from where?? HahahaLOL Oh my goodness!! Too funy!LOLBig SmileROFL

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                    Member #64562
                    August 31, 2008
                    48 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2010, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I was researching last night and noticed that most boxed numbers don't repeat within 14-20 days. also I noticed that if you take the last singles number and do a wrap on it you won't have a repeat from that set of numbers either, they repeat like this maybe once or twice a month. any thoughts?

Oklahoma City, OK
                      United States
                      Member #87976
                      March 7, 2010
                      101 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2010, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I was researching last night and noticed that most boxed numbers don't repeat within 14-20 days. also I noticed that if you take the last singles number and do a wrap on it you won't have a repeat from that set of numbers either, they repeat like this maybe once or twice a month. any thoughts?

Each states' data is unique.  In Oklahoma, there are often repeats of a number within 14 days, both straight and boxed, so that generalization wouldn't work here.  Keep looking at your state's draw history though because it will give you good information about what to expect.  Good luck!

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!    Cool

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                        Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Why don't you take a look at patterns made by: Sums, Last Digits of Sums, Roots, Even-Odd, High-Low, In-Out, Widths, Etc.?

As to your question, there might be no safe way, there is always a risk of failure.

But the more that you study and try, maybe the better that you might get, up to some limit.

I thought about making a long post, but Why repeat what I have already said so many times before?

Just read my old threads and posts, there is more than enough there to keep anybody busy for quite a long while.

-----------

I did the reducing thing for a long time more or less years ago.

I am-was EXCALIBUR-LANTERN and reducing pick 3 numbers was my "Negative-Prediction" technique, I don't "Predict" anymore, not even just for myself, at least not at this time.

I already forgot a lot and also lost my intuition for reducing, "If you don't use it you lose it"

I still do know a lot, I didn't forget everything. but I am not even 1/4 as good at reducing as I at one time was.

----------

WIN D has also done it in his own way, which is not the same as my way.

------------

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
                          Member #64562
                          August 31, 2008
                          48 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2010, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Why don't you take a look at patterns made by: Sums, Last Digits of Sums, Roots, Even-Odd, High-Low, In-Out, Widths, Etc.?

As to your question, there might be no safe way, there is always a risk of failure.

But the more that you study and try, maybe the better that you might get, up to some limit.

I thought about making a long post, but Why repeat what I have already said so many times before?

Just read my old threads and posts, there is more than enough there to keep anybody busy for quite a long while.

-----------

I did the reducing thing for a long time more or less years ago.

I am-was EXCALIBUR-LANTERN and reducing pick 3 numbers was my "Negative-Prediction" technique, I don't "Predict" anymore, not even just for myself, at least not at this time.

I already forgot a lot and also lost my intuition for reducing, "If you don't use it you lose it"

I still do know a lot, I didn't forget everything. but I am not even 1/4 as good at reducing as I at one time was.

----------

WIN D has also done it in his own way, which is not the same as my way.

------------

Thank you lantern, very helpful, /I will look around at some of the old posts.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2010, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Playing any lottery game is gambling, when you try to be safe and cover every possibility you're going to spend more than you win.  That's the way the games are designed and that the way they have to be for the states to make money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                              FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2010, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Mprober,

Yes, there are a lot of ways to limit combos, none of them safe.  Here are some I use:

-combo must have at least one repeat from last three digits drawn.

-eliminate combos containing the digit out the longest.

-eliminate doubles and triples.

-eliminate combos not containing at least one high, one low, one even, and one odd digit.

-eliminate combos that have played in the last 7 days.

Hope that helps. 

Good luck!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).