Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Jackpot amounts

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What amount, if any, would you consider "obscene", for one winner?

No such animal. I want it all. Mine! [ 20 ]  [46.51%]
I'll be the first $500 million winner. [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
I'll the first $1 billion winner [ 3 ]  [6.98%]
Over $100 million [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Over $50 million [ 1 ]  [2.33%]
Over $25 million [ 1 ]  [2.33%]
Anything over $24, 982, 301.76! [ 2 ]  [4.65%]
Give me a nice quiet $5-10 Million in a Pick 6 [ 6 ]  [13.95%]
Other [ 2 ]  [4.65%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1649 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2010, 10:42 am - IP Logged

At this point 10 grand would make me happy.

Yep, if I could scratch off 10K, I would just jump right into the comfort zone of Pick 4 and make some killer money every week. I'm talkin' two weeks notice on the job and chillin' in Barbados "regularly" type money here. Until then, I'll just keep workin' the system towards it!

This is why I like the little games. They can be worked to make big money in the end with just some discipline and careful financial planning. Ten grand is a nice figure to work with!!!

L.L.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
    NC
    United States
    Member #11741
    February 23, 2005
    1233 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I would accept it with my mom who is also a CFP.

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2010, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

"Obscene" meaning in the sense that the jackpot is so huge when you play you hope someone else wins along with you?

Take into consideration reductions of the advertised amounts for cash option, and then what the net would be after taxes, but is there an amount you consider too much for one winner, even if that winner is you?

Coin you know, I am one of those silly people who believe that After I  Pay my tithes I buy the House of my dreams tops 8, bedrooms 8 baths...cost depending where.    I love nice things!  so after I buy the "Nice things" I would give to my family and some friends I love! Send some noney to Todd to keep this site running, because I strongly believe it helps people win money it's full of information how to keep winning!

After that I can make it... I don't need more than 10 million dollars why??  I can make more money with it! Let other people  have a piece of the action, I can only sleep in one bed of my fancy house and one room at a time! Please!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2010, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

On their website, PowerBall like to point out that players can choose to play a pick5 game for a million dollar prize with odds of 1:5M with a back-up plan that could win hundreds of millions

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
          Member #88435
          March 16, 2010
          397 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2010, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Coin you know, I am one of those silly people who believe that After I  Pay my tithes I buy the House of my dreams tops 8, bedrooms 8 baths...cost depending where.    I love nice things!  so after I buy the "Nice things" I would give to my family and some friends I love! Send some noney to Todd to keep this site running, because I strongly believe it helps people win money it's full of information how to keep winning!

After that I can make it... I don't need more than 10 million dollars why??  I can make more money with it! Let other people  have a piece of the action, I can only sleep in one bed of my fancy house and one room at a time! Please!!

I like nice things too. I yes after I tithe/charity, buy my dream house...it is only 4 bed rooms and 5 baths...I have that picked out and know the cost...get my dream car and a few other items I have always wanted...I plan on just helping people. I also want to get some of my movie ideas produced...I know some talented people and with the backing, me helping them would be good. Thumbs Up

$1,000,000

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

At this point in the game, I would be grateful for at least--starting @ $50,000 to THE BIG JACKPOTBanana