Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I can't believe it. So Close to 5 numbers on tonights Powerball

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Lucky4Life.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I've been picking my own numbers lately.  However with the jackpot up to this level I decided to buy a few QP's.   On my QP ticket my numbers for tonights draw were 11 33 40 48 54  PB 5 ....   I was within 1 number!!! I think I may go back to this place if the jackpot rolls.......And buy close combinations.....  I'm gettting closer folks!!  Maybe next time....  How did you do tonight???

Florida
    United States
    Member #89791
    April 16, 2010
    13 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

i got 11 and 55. that's it from my $5 ticket. Unhappy

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

being within one number means absolutely nothing...absolutely nothing...you are fooling yourself...it is the outcome of an event that your are trying to predict...imagine for example all the balls being painted 59 distinct and unique colors...then you had to pick five of them....this way you would not think of the colors being strung in any order or even-odd or anthing like you think of numbers....it is the very specific outcome of a random event that you want to guess correctly....they happen to use numbers on the balls because it is the most convenient system.....humans know numbers and computers use numbers....you either get ALL the predictions to match the random event or you lose...there is no close..being close is your own interpretation because you think of the numbering system and not the probability of the guessing the exact outcome of the event...which in itself has nothing to do with numbers....think about it....

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I've been picking my own numbers lately.  However with the jackpot up to this level I decided to buy a few QP's.   On my QP ticket my numbers for tonights draw were 11 33 40 48 54  PB 5 ....   I was within 1 number!!! I think I may go back to this place if the jackpot rolls.......And buy close combinations.....  I'm gettting closer folks!!  Maybe next time....  How did you do tonight???

I am confused--Did you win a partial jackpot by missing one number; we don't play Powerball here in Calif; Anyway your turn is coming soon--WinkGOOD LUCK!!

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
          suffolk county, Long Island, NY
          United States
          Member #56449
          November 19, 2007
          1517 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

what were the numbers ????!!!

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Those are teasers!

You will get closer..

MarkP

United States
              Member #26330
              November 16, 2005
              330 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

I am confused--Did you win a partial jackpot by missing one number; we don't play Powerball here in Calif; Anyway your turn is coming soon--WinkGOOD LUCK!!

No I won absolutely nothing.   I just have never gotten that many numbers on one line of my ticket so close to the winning numbers.    I have purchased tickets before and then on a hunch gotten numbers one above or below my selected numbers and have manages to his 3/6 White Balls and a Powerball  one time doing that..... Now if I had just done that with my tickets this time.... I might have gotten 5/6 white balls and have a nice little prize of $200,000. 

My numbers  11 33 40 48 54 PB 5

Winning #'s  11 34 41 49 55 PB 20       

So some say not close...But I chose to think this is very close as it was a QP and I usually chose my own numbers, also I have one before buying tickets with numbers close to my own but off by 1 number.    Just made me think...If only I had thought to do this when I purchased this ticket......Maybe next time..

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7344 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

The winning numbers I saw where 11-34-41-49-55 PB 20 so it looks like only matched one number. Granted you certainly have a unique ticket where 4 of the numbers are numerically one number higher, but close ones only count in horseshoes and hand grenades.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                  Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86739
                  February 9, 2010
                  483 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

No I won absolutely nothing.   I just have never gotten that many numbers on one line of my ticket so close to the winning numbers.    I have purchased tickets before and then on a hunch gotten numbers one above or below my selected numbers and have manages to his 3/6 White Balls and a Powerball  one time doing that..... Now if I had just done that with my tickets this time.... I might have gotten 5/6 white balls and have a nice little prize of $200,000. 

So some say not close...But I chose to think this is very close as it was a QP and I usually chose my own numbers, also I have one before buying tickets with numbers close to my own but off by 1 number.    Just made me think...If only I had thought to do this when I purchased this ticket......Maybe next time..

I am with you my friend -- that is Effing CLOSE! I mean one number off in 4/5 and 1 number ON!?! I would be soooo mad if in your shoes-- I've always figured something like this would happen to me.

Well I hope you end of with something good from this place soon. Good luck!

United States
                    Member #26330
                    November 16, 2005
                    330 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

The winning numbers I saw where 11-34-41-49-55 PB 20 so it looks like only matched one number. Granted you certainly have a unique ticket where 4 of the numbers are numerically one number higher, but close ones only count in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Yeah that's what I meant.  I worded my sentence badly...Sorry.  You're correct my ticket has 4 numbers numerically one number higher.  Yeah close doesn't count....BUT....It does encourage die hard fans like myself!! LOL  Big Smile....  HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!  One of these days......

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
                      suffolk county, Long Island, NY
                      United States
                      Member #56449
                      November 19, 2007
                      1517 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2010, 12:02 am - IP Logged

that is soo friggin WEIRD how most of yr #'s were "off my one" lol - so strange

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2010, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I understood what you meant by being close. I had a set of numbers like that with Powerball before. But I had two numbers correct and the rest were one off by one. I just yelled at myself asking why couldn't they just all line up! LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

wendy67's avatar - disney32
                          georgia
                          United States
                          Member #35172
                          March 13, 2006
                          617 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2010, 12:35 am - IP Logged

from now on im getting my qp early and play one up and one down.  maybe i'll come up with the winner.  never know? just might work.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3502 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2010, 3:50 am - IP Logged

Your concept of "close" is flawed.  If you bet on car #34 in a Nascar race and car #33 won would you be saying you came close to winning when car #34 finished last? The numbers are only labels, whether they're on stock cars or lottery balls. If the balls with your numbers  almost popped up but were barely edged out by the balls with the winning numbers I'd agree that you came close. All you really did was bet on the car that was next to the winner inthe starting line up.

CA
                              United States
                              Member #84266
                              December 26, 2009
                              410 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2010, 4:52 am - IP Logged

I rather not get the 5 numbers. Getting 5 numbers is lucky enough but to get all 6 after having previously gotten 5 numbers you would have to be extremely lucky.