Welcome Guest
You last visited October 21, 2017, 10:10 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I can't believe it. So Close to 5 numbers on tonights Powerball

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Lucky4Life.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2010, 5:45 am - IP Logged

I think it does mean something personally. It does mean that the machine did a pattern close to what comes out in real life. Some places just seem to put out strange numbers and I try to avoid them. A cigarette store by me puts out strange numbers and I avoid it, but they did sell a 5/6 PB ticket. A gas station near me seems to put out good numbers and I try to make it there. I have had a bit o luck there, but they haven't sold a big ticket yet. I think that they are due. And the place just looks lucky.

It has happened to me a few times where the pattern was right, maybe 8 numbers off for the whole set.

Just go back and buy a few more QPs there and see what kind of numbers it puts out.

It seems to work for me.  But most of my really close tickets (4/5 or 5/6)were from places that just looked good and something just told me to buy there.

MarkP

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2010, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Yeah that's what I meant.  I worded my sentence badly...Sorry.  You're correct my ticket has 4 numbers numerically one number higher.  Yeah close doesn't count....BUT....It does encourage die hard fans like myself!! LOL  Big Smile....  HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!  One of these days......

I Agree!petergrfn, Play ON!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23960 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2010, 8:50 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23960 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2010, 8:53 am - IP Logged

I've been picking my own numbers lately.  However with the jackpot up to this level I decided to buy a few QP's.   On my QP ticket my numbers for tonights draw were 11 33 40 48 54  PB 5 ....   I was within 1 number!!! I think I may go back to this place if the jackpot rolls.......And buy close combinations.....  I'm gettting closer folks!!  Maybe next time....  How did you do tonight???

It's still a great feeling getting four out of five -- congratulations!!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1684 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2010, 11:02 am - IP Logged

I rather not get the 5 numbers. Getting 5 numbers is lucky enough but to get all 6 after having previously gotten 5 numbers you would have to be extremely lucky.

Yeah, I'm very happy to see anyone get anywhere near matching the winning numbers with this game. But, I tend to agree with you on this as my dad's friend did the same thing on Texas' Lottery by matching (5) numbers on the same line!!! Man, he was ecstatic and so were we...for him!!!

The thing is, though, he kept playing and never even came remotely close to getting just (3) numbers again. I don't think I could handle it, to be honest. To get that close...I'd rather get all the numbers or none at all because the "in between" events seem to narrow the chances of it duplicating again to the player's ultimate win.

Hey, stranger things have probably happened. One thing it will do, though, is keep us hopeful and playing for it which is where the fun really is!!!

L.L.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2010, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

being within one number means absolutely nothing...absolutely nothing...you are fooling yourself...it is the outcome of an event that your are trying to predict...imagine for example all the balls being painted 59 distinct and unique colors...then you had to pick five of them....this way you would not think of the colors being strung in any order or even-odd or anthing like you think of numbers....it is the very specific outcome of a random event that you want to guess correctly....they happen to use numbers on the balls because it is the most convenient system.....humans know numbers and computers use numbers....you either get ALL the predictions to match the random event or you lose...there is no close..being close is your own interpretation because you think of the numbering system and not the probability of the guessing the exact outcome of the event...which in itself has nothing to do with numbers....think about it....

Couldn't have said it better myself. So, I won't.

(insert signature here)

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #85037
              January 7, 2010
              253 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

No I won absolutely nothing.   I just have never gotten that many numbers on one line of my ticket so close to the winning numbers.    I have purchased tickets before and then on a hunch gotten numbers one above or below my selected numbers and have manages to his 3/6 White Balls and a Powerball  one time doing that..... Now if I had just done that with my tickets this time.... I might have gotten 5/6 white balls and have a nice little prize of $200,000. 

My numbers  11 33 40 48 54 PB 5

Winning #'s  11 34 41 49 55 PB 20       

So some say not close...But I chose to think this is very close as it was a QP and I usually chose my own numbers, also I have one before buying tickets with numbers close to my own but off by 1 number.    Just made me think...If only I had thought to do this when I purchased this ticket......Maybe next time..

OMG how maddening!!!!! I'm so sorry peter!! It's all Meg's fault!!