Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The numbers. You have learned them, you playe them, Love them. But will you ever?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Pass on what you know to your Children, mate or relative?

No. I don't want them in this [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
I love it but not for them. [ 6 ]  [20.69%]
I'm taking what I know about numbers to the grave! [ 4 ]  [13.79%]
I am already teaching my Children & Husband/wife [ 7 ]  [24.14%]
I'm going to Hit Big; so they don't need to learn [ 10 ]  [34.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2010, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

So many of us can Pick numbers, Some Better than others; through Number Workouts, Paterns Systems, handicaping, V-tracks, Spread sheets..etc...etc

My Son asked me the other day, would I teach him what I know.. and I said to him "why? This would take so much of your time, you are into computers." Then I paused for a second, thinking if he wants to know why not take the time to show him??? Even pass it on to close relatives?

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40341 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2010, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Great thread rosie, no I don't want my kid to gamble . I want him to pursue a great career with something he enjoys doing.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

So many of us can Pick numbers, Some Better than others; through Number Workouts, Paterns Systems, handicaping, V-tracks, Spread sheets..etc...etc

My Son asked me the other day, would I teach him what I know.. and I said to him "why? This would take so much of your time, you are into computers." Then I paused for a second, thinking if he wants to know why not take the time to show him??? Even pass it on to close relatives?

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.

I believe if he is showing an interest, you might as well teach him what you know and explain the pitfalls so he doesn't go into it with unreasonable expectations. And if he is truly interested you wouldn't be able to stop him anyway. Might as well use the opportunity to show him the ropes and give him the benefit of your experience as opposed to letting him do the trial and error routine which can break you quick in this hobby.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Great thread rosie, no I don't want my kid to gamble . I want him to pursue a great career with something he enjoys doing.

That was my first reaction but... so what we do with this knowledge about numbers as we learn more and more!  I have learned so much here!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Great signature sully.

Crazy Horse is one of my heroes. I love people that stood their ground against insurmountable odds even if victory was doubtful or defeat was certain. The ones that would look the foe in the face and spit in their eye. I love those guys.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.

I believe if he is showing an interest, you might as well teach him what you know and explain the pitfalls so he doesn't go into it with unreasonable expectations. And if he is truly interested you wouldn't be able to stop him anyway. Might as well use the opportunity to show him the ropes and give him the benefit of your experience as opposed to letting him do the trial and error routine which can break you quick in this hobby.

See rd, I am Inclined to agree with you!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40341 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Rdgrnr, We plan to visit the Crazy Horse monument and museum as well as Mt Rushmore.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

"This would take so much of your time, you are into computers"

V-tracs are programed into some computer software already. I enjoy doing numbers using software in my computer. He may even get into programing his own ideas in excell or advanced programing to tweak what is already programed.

WHATT

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                  Member #88435
                  March 16, 2010
                  397 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2010, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I discarded my vote.

I don't know anything about systems, programs or even care to. I know a little basic info but my methods are trial and error and not something worthy of teaching...I am just winging it. I don't want to get caught up in theories and programs I just want to look at the numbers and feel what the winning numbers out the best I can with trusting my own intuition...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...but I want to take joy in the process and not become obsessed with how but focus on the out come I want. None of that may make sense to you and I am in it and I don't really understand it...but I have fun doing it.

$1,000,000

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I discarded my vote.

I don't know anything about systems, programs or even care to. I know a little basic info but my methods are trial and error and not something worthy of teaching...I am just winging it. I don't want to get caught up in theories and programs I just want to look at the numbers and feel what the winning numbers out the best I can with trusting my own intuition...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...but I want to take joy in the process and not become obsessed with how but focus on the out come I want. None of that may make sense to you and I am in it and I don't really understand it...but I have fun doing it.

THRUST, The Important thing is that This Aproach works for you! And That is Great!

I, on the other hand, do enjoy going into past history and looking up number Patterns, I do very well with that, and when I nail it, it's like wow!! I can teach him that!

I don't now anything about Spread sheet and or V-Track!  I am learning that now!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Show him the fundamental of lottery and he will built upon that as his understanding grew.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                        Dallas, TX
                        United States
                        Member #60284
                        April 12, 2008
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Teach him whatever he wants to know. If he's 18+ I don't see why not. He has to also understand the risk involve and see that it's not the same as blackjack or any other type of gambling. In lottery one must keep it fun and to the budget to extend the lottery play. If not, it will only create misleading thoughts that a system can bring one fame and fortune instantly, it does not.

If there are too much to teach, just teach the basics, understand the foundation so he can built upon that.

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Teach him whatever he wants to know. If he's 18+ I don't see why not. He has to also understand the risk involve and see that it's not the same as blackjack or any other type of gambling. In lottery one must keep it fun and to the budget to extend the lottery play. If not, it will only create misleading thoughts that a system can bring one fame and fortune instantly, it does not.

If there are too much to teach, just teach the basics, understand the foundation so he can built upon that.

Yes whit me all he will learn is the fundamentals..LoL that is what I have been working with for years, only here at The lottery Post, I am learning more!!  And he will too! yeah right you are,  he will know that it's Not, a get rich quick game! Unless he gets more than 4 out of six on the MM or the big Jackpot games!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1648 Posts
                            Posted: April 30, 2010, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Rosie, I vote to teach him and to start now if possible. The sooner he can start crunching numbers, the quicker he'll grasp the general concept and begin to develop new ways of accomplishing things. With a fresh, young mind some of his ideas may improve upon what you've already established and benefit you both...greatly.

Explain to him the up's and downs of the deal...show him when you lose and win so he can self-analyze what may have happened in his opinion. This is how new ideas are born. My dad has been doing this since just after the game started and I didn't get into it until way later. But, once I looked over what he had established and how he played, I got hooked and helped further develope the foundation with my own approach.

Don't get me wrong, he had a solid foundation but, anything can be better and we actually began to learn more TOGETHER about the game. It can be a very good thing as long you stress discipline and common sense with money. I had to learn the discipline deal in terms of when to play no matter how tempting but, I've always manged money pretty decently. I wish you and your son the best!!Thumbs Up

L.L.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: April 30, 2010, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Rosie, I vote to teach him and to start now if possible. The sooner he can start crunching numbers, the quicker he'll grasp the general concept and begin to develop new ways of accomplishing things. With a fresh, young mind some of his ideas may improve upon what you've already established and benefit you both...greatly.

Explain to him the up's and downs of the deal...show him when you lose and win so he can self-analyze what may have happened in his opinion. This is how new ideas are born. My dad has been doing this since just after the game started and I didn't get into it until way later. But, once I looked over what he had established and how he played, I got hooked and helped further develope the foundation with my own approach.

Don't get me wrong, he had a solid foundation but, anything can be better and we actually began to learn more TOGETHER about the game. It can be a very good thing as long you stress discipline and common sense with money. I had to learn the discipline deal in terms of when to play no matter how tempting but, I've always manged money pretty decently. I wish you and your son the best!!Thumbs Up

L.L.

...Sorry 'bout the typos.LOL

L.L.