Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The numbers. You have learned them, you playe them, Love them. But will you ever?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Pass on what you know to your Children, mate or relative?

No. I don't want them in this [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
I love it but not for them. [ 6 ]  [20.69%]
I'm taking what I know about numbers to the grave! [ 4 ]  [13.79%]
I am already teaching my Children & Husband/wife [ 7 ]  [24.14%]
I'm going to Hit Big; so they don't need to learn [ 10 ]  [34.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2010, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I'm with THRUST on this, I discarded my vote too.

For one thing, you can't assume games or payouts will stay the same.

If anyone ever did develop a solid system to beat any game that game might become unavailable or drastically changed.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2010, 10:28 am - IP Logged

I'm with THRUST on this, I discarded my vote too.

For one thing, you can't assume games or payouts will stay the same.

If anyone ever did develop a solid system to beat any game that game might become unavailable or drastically changed.

I think this applies if a person was say winning Pick3 consistently with only around $50 on a straight or $20 boxed. This would produce lots of profit and then be multiplied by how many players this method would then be available to along with progressive betting ($1, $2, and so on per number). The state would lose because it would most definitely spread...and fast!!!

They'd have to adjust the game then. However, with the current number of straight and boxed hits recorded in comparison to the profit and payouts, they'll never have to change anything. For every so many boxed hits, there's only like one or two straights per that many also. Sort of like when I'd bet $350-$400 to make $100-$150 in profit and a boxed bettor could make half of that...give or take. It balances out in the end which I learned.

L.L.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2010, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I'd say it depends on the age of the children involved.  You don't teach a 10 yr old to drive.  They learn when they are whatever is the legal age for your State.  The lottery is gambling.  You don't teach kids to gamble.  Kids don't have all the rights of an adult.

They have enough to learn just going to school and those are the important things for them to learn.  How to spell, write, read, math, etc;

If and when they turn 18 and still want to learn, then by all means, show them what you know.  Although, usually by that age, they know more than the parents anyway.

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

...Sorry 'bout the typos.LOL

L.L.

Typo's???!!!! ..LoL...Lucky! Did you noticed In the question portion my typos? LoloL I added an "e to play and to Pattern I omitted a "t" so it reads  patern, so I am not Think Tank! Hahaha ....oh boy!! so funny Thank

Thank you Lucky.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

Everybody typos here no big deal..

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2010, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I'd say it depends on the age of the children involved.  You don't teach a 10 yr old to drive.  They learn when they are whatever is the legal age for your State.  The lottery is gambling.  You don't teach kids to gamble.  Kids don't have all the rights of an adult.

They have enough to learn just going to school and those are the important things for them to learn.  How to spell, write, read, math, etc;

If and when they turn 18 and still want to learn, then by all means, show them what you know.  Although, usually by that age, they know more than the parents anyway.

They Strongly believe that  since they can beat you at,  Xbox360, they do know more than you as a parent about  life!!!! LoLoL too funny!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2010, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Great thread rosie, no I don't want my kid to gamble . I want him to pursue a great career with something he enjoys doing.

Just this morning I was looking at him pouring over some computer magazines with his egg-head friends! and I said...nah..

I know that other members here have Children, in their teens and twenties! would they take time to teach the numbers to their children!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2010, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Everybody typos here no big deal..

Some way more than others though. Way more.

With some it's like decoding Hieroglyphics. Those ones originate in Kentucky primarily.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40610 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan, if your out there, bring back mister fluffy tail...I love that buck tooth rodent.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Lucky Loser,

A lot of merit in what you said. I've been thinking about this thread and probably what would happen would the player who is real good with numbers would be done in by their own greed.

I'm not talking about someone who "shoots a shotgun at a dartboard", I mean ifc there was someone that could play one or two numbers a day and hit consistently. As long as hey didn't get greedy and not attract any attention, they could do very well collecting non-taxable payoffs.

But once greed took over and they brought heat on themself, they night indeed bring a change to the "cash cow" game they were beating.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

Ps: typos, we  all do them, but our word we must keep! Lucky you gave me your word on Gold!   Still waiting to see that Gold lucky!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Rosie, I vote to teach him and to start now if possible. The sooner he can start crunching numbers, the quicker he'll grasp the general concept and begin to develop new ways of accomplishing things. With a fresh, young mind some of his ideas may improve upon what you've already established and benefit you both...greatly.

Explain to him the up's and downs of the deal...show him when you lose and win so he can self-analyze what may have happened in his opinion. This is how new ideas are born. My dad has been doing this since just after the game started and I didn't get into it until way later. But, once I looked over what he had established and how he played, I got hooked and helped further develope the foundation with my own approach.

Don't get me wrong, he had a solid foundation but, anything can be better and we actually began to learn more TOGETHER about the game. It can be a very good thing as long you stress discipline and common sense with money. I had to learn the discipline deal in terms of when to play no matter how tempting but, I've always manged money pretty decently. I wish you and your son the best!!Thumbs Up

L.L.

Thank you Lucky, Now show me the Gold!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10354 Posts
                          Posted: April 30, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Some way more than others though. Way more.

With some it's like decoding Hieroglyphics. Those ones originate in Kentucky primarily.

rdgrnr,

I'm probably one of the leaders in typos. Never realized how dyslexic I was until I started posting on discussion boards.

Dyselxics untie!

Lep

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1649 Posts
                            Posted: May 1, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Ps: typos, we  all do them, but our word we must keep! Lucky you gave me your word on Gold!   Still waiting to see that Gold lucky!!!

Yes ma'am.Thumbs Up

L.L.

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1649 Posts
                              Posted: May 1, 2010, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Lucky Loser,

A lot of merit in what you said. I've been thinking about this thread and probably what would happen would the player who is real good with numbers would be done in by their own greed.

I'm not talking about someone who "shoots a shotgun at a dartboard", I mean ifc there was someone that could play one or two numbers a day and hit consistently. As long as hey didn't get greedy and not attract any attention, they could do very well collecting non-taxable payoffs.

But once greed took over and they brought heat on themself, they night indeed bring a change to the "cash cow" game they were beating.

Yeah, I know what you mean and I wish I could do such a thing just like anyone else. But, because of how the officials have set the game up, I personally have no choice but to maintain plenty of shells. In all honesty, when I hit, it's the equivalent of a few people hitting boxed or one person hitting that straight with only a few bucks played...seriously. Nothing amazing about it, no rocket science involved. It just boils down to what I spend vs. the payout.

I do like the consistence, though.

L.L.