Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many time have you quit playing the lottery

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I'm so mad that I  miss my cash 4 payday. I said I'm quitting. I know that I want I feel my juice

stiring already. Maybe I just want play today. I beginning to think I might be a little hook. I did

quit for a year about 3 years ago  because I was to busy at work.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40421 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2010, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I take vacations from playing, sometimes other things in life have to come first. If I don't have time to do my workouts I'll just go with a favorite number and I'll str8 it and box it. I got fed up with keno and quit that for good , only once every six weeks does someone win the jackpot . So no more $$$$$ from me.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I take vacations from playing, sometimes other things in life have to come first. If I don't have time to do my workouts I'll just go with a favorite number and I'll str8 it and box it. I got fed up with keno and quit that for good , only once every six weeks does someone win the jackpot . So no more $$$$$ from me.

I use to buy $10.00 worth of jackpot I cut that down to $3.00. I decide the it only take 1.00 to win and if I had

them I would win. I played Keno a couple of times just couldn't get into it.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2010, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

ive never given up, but if i get cancer, ill prob give up, i dont think my brain could handle the  big finger lady luck might give me if i won on my death bed.

but I would die laughing i guess that would be worth the ticket price.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2010, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm so mad that I  miss my cash 4 payday. I said I'm quitting. I know that I want I feel my juice

stiring already. Maybe I just want play today. I beginning to think I might be a little hook. I did

quit for a year about 3 years ago  because I was to busy at work.

pepper1. i have gone on sabaticals every now and then, but only because I had other things that where pressing,  which had to be handled! and as soon as I take care of it, I am right back with my beloved diggits...LoL! Great thread pepper1!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2010, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

ive never given up, but if i get cancer, ill prob give up, i dont think my brain could handle the  big finger lady luck might give me if i won on my death bed.

but I would die laughing i guess that would be worth the ticket price.

I would be begging to just let me live to enjoy some of that.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23262 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2010, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

With any form of gambling it's important to know your limits and stick to them.  Also when it stops being fun it's time to take a break.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2010, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

While I do play one of the jackpot games almost every week, I don't feel I'm addicted to playing because when I don't play I don't consider it quitting.  I like to pick my combinations using a system I'm developing that takes about an hour to update and recalculate before I pick any numbers.  If playing doesn't excite me enough to spend the time updating the system and making out play slips then I don't play.  Playing lotteries is entertainment for me.

And too, I don't play the number games because they are daily games and their lower odds can lure players into believing they can win more playing them while the facts are states keep 50% of sales of all games regardless of their odds and numbers games are their most profitable games.  Players lose as much playing them as any other game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I've never felt the need to quit.

When I was working I was very often too tired to bother with it or would just forget to play.

Now that I'm retired I have more time to think about it and the time to play.

I find it to be an enjoyable hobby that can be as inexpensive as I want it to be.

I could play for 25 cents a day 7 days a week if I wanted to (VA Pick5).

Hell, If my hobby was crossword puzzles I'd have to spend at least 75 cents a day just for the dadgum newspaper.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20110 Posts
                      Posted: May 4, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I've quit  17 1/2 times already, and I'm still not done with my latest episode...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1446 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2010, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I've quit  17 1/2 times already, and I'm still not done with my latest episode...!

I feel you on that. What is your lastest episode?

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1648 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

It's actually very healthy to take a break from playing once in while. Doing so will allow you to come up with new ideas and strategies which you couldn't see before because you're so clouded with what you currently work with. In addition, it'll allow you to save up money while you're not playing, so, it can be a win-win situation for the most part. I do it all the time just see if I'm maybe missing out on something.

Every approach to these games can always be improved upon. If I ever become stagnant thinking I can't get better then I may as well quit altogether. I'm trying my best to find ways to cut my number count down as I speak. I don't enjoy spending lots of money for my hits because it does cut into profit, yet, improves efficiency (consistency). However, I'd love to make more profit because it means I have more to work with overall.

What I do isn't necessarily the "best" way...it's just efficient. I want to make more money on a single hit so I don't have to play but maybe 2-3 times per week. Playing all the time isn't good as it increases chances of losing money. Hitting big a couple times relieves having to play so you can enjoy the win for a change. You'll be okay if you'll just take your time and study more...save your money because it's all about opportunity to get that BIG hit!!! With no money, you have no chance...remember that. Good luck, Pepper.

L.L.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Santa Ana
                            United States
                            Member #71159
                            February 20, 2009
                            651 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2010, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

No I haven't quit physically but mentally I've thought about it, with all of large payouts being won lately..I'm only human and I am not going to deny that it is a bit disappointing to keep missing out but I know the exact minute I stop or quit all together is when my chosen numbers will hit BIG TIME--LOTTERY KARMA..PATIENCE IS THE KEY AND I KNOW I WILL PREVAIL AND WIN EVENTUALLYBanana

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

No I haven't quit physically but mentally I've thought about it, with all of large payouts being won lately..I'm only human and I am not going to deny that it is a bit disappointing to keep missing out but I know the exact minute I stop or quit all together is when my chosen numbers will hit BIG TIME--LOTTERY KARMA..PATIENCE IS THE KEY AND I KNOW I WILL PREVAIL AND WIN EVENTUALLYBanana

I really like your attitude. Patience is definitely paramount with these games. Keep playin' your numbers because persistence does pay when compiled with confidence...even if it's not quite the big one. Two weeks ago, I played the Texas Lottery for the first time in ages and got within 1-2 numbers of matching them all! Hope this encourages you!!

L.L.