Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The morning after you win & your job

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tungsten chef.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

The morning after you win the PB or MM Jackpot you would

I would call into work and say im sick [ 25 ]  [25.77%]
I would call into work and say im rich and i quit [ 14 ]  [14.43%]
I would go to work and tell all my co-workers [ 2 ]  [2.06%]
I would go to work but keep it a secret [ 56 ]  [57.73%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2010, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I'd go to work as usual and not say a word. After I let it sink in that I won, I'd travel to the lottery office and claim my winnings. Afterwards, I think I'll disappear so nobody can bug me about giving them some money, LoL.

That's a given..This is the way it should be done..tiggs is going to the Louisville Lottery Office get check and say "Catch tiggs if you can"..

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2010, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Well said, thank you.

ridge is right on the ball with this one...ridge for President!!!..

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a job right now, but some of the places I have work I wouldn't go back. It would be see me

were the good lord spilt me.

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2010, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

How about going to work in a big stretch limo.

They might figure something is up!

MarkP

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
          san jose
          United States
          Member #53761
          July 20, 2007
          277 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a job so I don't need to go. But I would need to move to another city far away from where I  live.

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2010, 6:11 am - IP Logged

Did you see "Accidental Fortune".

This guy inherited a coin thought as worthless.

Through investigation he found that it was indeed worth between $6-$10 mil.

So what is he doing? Sitting on the coin, thinking of what he COULD do with the money.

Maybe he could get his house fixed, maybe he could get his car fixed.

Ummm, sell the stupid coin, buy a new house, buy a new car....   Duh!

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2010, 6:42 am - IP Logged

I used to work with a cheapskate who always said if he won the lottery he would get his 10-15 year old car painted and buy a new couch.

I always reminded him that it was highly unlikely he'd ever win since he was too cheap to ever buy a ticket.

He always told me to quit bummin' him out.

To which I always responded: Like wow dude, far out.

He hated me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5603 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2010, 9:47 am - IP Logged

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

infringe -  1. to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress  2. encroach or trespass

encroach -   1.  to advance beyond proper limits; make gradual inroads  2. to trespass upon the property, domain or rights of another, esp. stealthily or by gradual advances

A Constitutional right left undefended and undemanded and allowed to be infringed upon will be lost forever. We are now living under a regime keenly aware of this fact and ready to abrogate what they consider to be a "living document" susceptible to change at the whims of popular culture. Those who wish to take away our rights are masters at doing it incrementally. If we wish to remain truly free, we cannot surrender an inch to those who would take our liberty. 

If every action that could potentially "save one person's life" were taken, this country would be utterly paralyzed.

Automobile accidents claim 40,000 lives a year on average. Look at the lives that could be saved if we outlawed automobiles.

"From My Cold, Dead Hands"     ~ Charlton Heston ~ 

Well said ridge. This is a little off topic but I have to say I can't understand why there are people who don't understand the "give an inch take a mile" approach that government has become so good at. And why people continue to elect those that wish to take our rights away.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                  Midlands, SC
                  United States
                  Member #69698
                  January 14, 2009
                  303 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I would call out sick and go straight to lottery headquarters to make sure the ticket is valid.  I wouldn't want them to say there was a "printing error". 

Once it was confirmed, I would then claim it anonymously (we can do that in SC), book a hotel room for the week (since lottery headquarters is an hour from my home) and then visit an attorney & tax accountant.  I would then go to work the next day and not say a word to anyone.  Just that I'm not feeling like my usual self!!!  Which would be no lie!

I would NOT give my two week notice until the bank confirms that the money is in there.  Only then would I turn in my resignation letter.  I would tell my boss to hurry it up with my replacement because I'd rather not work a two week notice but that this time I'm doing HIM a favor.  He always throws it up in our faces that we're lucky to have a job when we voice concerns about being cussed out, threatened and not having adequate protection. 

The job sucks...we work for angry public...so I'd rather quit the same day....BUT I'd hate to put my co-workers through such misery of doing my work in addition to theirs.  The job sucks, but my co-workers are cool and my consious wouldn't allow me to leave them suffering like that.  Although I doubt they'd do the same for me.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

I would call out sick and go straight to lottery headquarters to make sure the ticket is valid.  I wouldn't want them to say there was a "printing error". 

Once it was confirmed, I would then claim it anonymously (we can do that in SC), book a hotel room for the week (since lottery headquarters is an hour from my home) and then visit an attorney & tax accountant.  I would then go to work the next day and not say a word to anyone.  Just that I'm not feeling like my usual self!!!  Which would be no lie!

I would NOT give my two week notice until the bank confirms that the money is in there.  Only then would I turn in my resignation letter.  I would tell my boss to hurry it up with my replacement because I'd rather not work a two week notice but that this time I'm doing HIM a favor.  He always throws it up in our faces that we're lucky to have a job when we voice concerns about being cussed out, threatened and not having adequate protection. 

The job sucks...we work for angry public...so I'd rather quit the same day....BUT I'd hate to put my co-workers through such misery of doing my work in addition to theirs.  The job sucks, but my co-workers are cool and my consious wouldn't allow me to leave them suffering like that.  Although I doubt they'd do the same for me.

Dopey, some people are too nice.

I think you might be one of them.

--Edmund Burke

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
                      Arizona
                      United States
                      Member #52803
                      June 10, 2007
                      88 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2010, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Actually, I would fax in my resignation.  Wink

Money can't buy you happiness, but I sure could afford the misery that it brings! Wink

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: May 27, 2010, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

"ready to abrogate what they consider to be a "living document" susceptible to change at the whims of popular culture."

Right on. We should stick to the exact meaning from when the Constitution was written, and I stand 100% behind your 2nd amendment rights exactly as the framers intended them. The only waiitng period that should be necessary is the time it takes for you to open your powderhorn and  measure your powder, pour it in the barrel, load the wadding and ball, pack it, load your primer and pull the trigger. The only limit on how many flintlocks you should be able to own is your budget and your desire.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 27, 2010, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

"ready to abrogate what they consider to be a "living document" susceptible to change at the whims of popular culture."

Right on. We should stick to the exact meaning from when the Constitution was written, and I stand 100% behind your 2nd amendment rights exactly as the framers intended them. The only waiitng period that should be necessary is the time it takes for you to open your powderhorn and  measure your powder, pour it in the barrel, load the wadding and ball, pack it, load your primer and pull the trigger. The only limit on how many flintlocks you should be able to own is your budget and your desire.

And I stand 100% behind your right to hide in the root cellar with the women and children while the men take care of business.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: May 27, 2010, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I used to work with a cheapskate who always said if he won the lottery he would get his 10-15 year old car painted and buy a new couch.

I always reminded him that it was highly unlikely he'd ever win since he was too cheap to ever buy a ticket.

He always told me to quit bummin' him out.

To which I always responded: Like wow dude, far out.

He hated me.

rd??!, "like wow dude, far out"???!!!!  Way to go, rd!!..LoLoL

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: May 27, 2010, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

rd??!, "like wow dude, far out"???!!!!  Way to go, rd!!..LoLoL

Hey Rosie! What's tiggs being so bashful about? I see he was here today but he hasn't posted since Monday.

--Edmund Burke