Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has this ever happened to you?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever thought you played a number str/box, got home and the ticket said straight? If so,

Did you go back and get it in a box [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Say, "Oh Well" [ 6 ]  [25.00%]
Went back & cancelled the ticket & replay [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Just pray it doesn't fall that day [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Hope & pray that if it comes it comes straight [ 10 ]  [41.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
WILLWRK4NUMBERS's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
ATLANTA, GA
United States
Member #78958
August 24, 2009
5088 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I went to the store this morning to get my midday picks, and played the following numbers:  034, 589, 126, 267 all str/box. 

I didn't look at the tickets till I got back to the hotel I'm staying in.  When I did, I realized that 589, 126 and 267 were marked str/box on the play slip but somehow, the tickets said straight.  I'm gonna let it ride today and just pray that if either of those 3 fall, they come the way I played them...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?Lurking

Create in me, that I may give increasingly

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #79502
    September 2, 2009
    6395 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2010, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I just got back and realised the clerk played my big4 for night instead of day. At first I thought

geeeeesshhh    but then it came to me--it must have been for a reason. And Im not going back to play

it, just gonna let it fall that way. Try to see the sunny side.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40377 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I keep a supply of playslips now just for that reason.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2010, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I went to the store this morning to get my midday picks, and played the following numbers:  034, 589, 126, 267 all str/box. 

I didn't look at the tickets till I got back to the hotel I'm staying in.  When I did, I realized that 589, 126 and 267 were marked str/box on the play slip but somehow, the tickets said straight.  I'm gonna let it ride today and just pray that if either of those 3 fall, they come the way I played them...

I have to drive too far to get tickets so I always get multi draws and check them closely.

If I found  them wrong after getting home I'd just live with it probably thinking maybe it was meant to be.

I rarely play the daily games though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
          West Side of Sunny Florida
          United States
          Member #55048
          September 8, 2007
          3371 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I won once because of my own mistake.  I wanted to buy 818 and *I* wrote 181 on the slip but never looked at the ticket till the numbers came out and double checked my numbers.  That was a nice, lucky win!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2010, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I won once because of my own mistake.  I wanted to buy 818 and *I* wrote 181 on the slip but never looked at the ticket till the numbers came out and double checked my numbers.  That was a nice, lucky win!

Yup bashley that's what it's called "luck"..Good for you..

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
              North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
              United States
              Member #1436
              April 28, 2003
              628 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

The very first week South Carolina got the lottery i was in a store buying a powerball ticket. The store was packed full of people buying everything from powerball to scratchoffs being the lottery was brand new in SC. The woman behind the counter was in a very nasty mood. I filled out a playslip for 1 qp with the powerplay, $2, simple enough. When she ran the ticket it printed me 2 qp's with the powerplay, she said $4. I looked at my playslip & showed her where i only had 1 play marked, and heres where it got nasty. She copped an attitude about not being able to cancel a powerball ticket & that she wasnt gonna pay for my mistake, when in fact i did'nt make a mistake, i was just trying to show it to her & explain it & honest to gods truth in front of all those people she told me if i didnt pay the whole $4 she would shoot me before i got out the door. I got highly PO'ed & turned around looked at all the people behind me laid $2 on the counter & told her to fire when ready because there was around 50 people in there who would witness her commit murder. We argued a few mins. more & out of respect for the giant line behind me i gave her the other $2 suggested a nice warm place for her to go to & swore i'd never do buisness at her store again & i havent. Thats the only time i ever had a playslip screw up when it was run thru the terminal.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                Harrison Township Michigan
                United States
                Member #90088
                April 21, 2010
                4265 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Yes DARN IT (sensored for profanity) This happened to me on Saturday April 24th 2010 Midday 4 didget here in Michigan!! My pick was 3298. I played $1.00 Straight and $1.00 Box. The person at the store did not BOX it. I did not check until i got home and it was too late to call him (12:45 pm) and have him box it.

What did i do? I let the store clerk know he lost me some cash and to pay attention!! DUH. 

Ohh the lottery memories.

CutlassBob.                             

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

DFW, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #78628
                  August 18, 2009
                  134 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I also won once because of my own mistake.  I played 1824 straight/box, intending to play Saturday day, but didn't mark the "day" box, so it played Friday night and matched 1428 and won me $100.  That Saturday was my friend's birthday so I bought us some pricey alcohol with my winnings.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

The clerk must've been thinking outside the box when he ran the slip. But I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I think he was being straight with you, but confused.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I'd probably be "oh well" about the situation and just hope that it came out straight,

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2010, 5:55 am - IP Logged

It diden't matter you numbers diden't come in..99% of the time they won't and if a mistake is made keep the tickets but if you want to then buy the other ones to..NEVER give back a ticket that was printed by mistake,NEVER..

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          49699 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2010, 7:51 am - IP Logged

It's an imperfect world populated with imperfect people and imperfect things!

Learn from the experience and check your tickets before leaving the store!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

increase's avatar - focus
                            VA
                            United States
                            Member #54828
                            August 31, 2007
                            37855 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2010, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I just got back and realised the clerk played my big4 for night instead of day. At first I thought

geeeeesshhh    but then it came to me--it must have been for a reason. And Im not going back to play

it, just gonna let it fall that way. Try to see the sunny side.

I had a similar experience.

I went to play 268 on Wednesday at midday & it was close to the cutoff time before the drawing.

Anyway, the machine wouldn't read my playslips.

The clerk insisted on marking them darker which didn't work.

After her 3rd attempt, the cutoff time for the day drawing passed.

She insisted on scanning the playing slip again & when she did, it printed the tickets for Thursday, May 13th.  The machine printed all of the tickets exact even though they were marked 50/50.

I was really very angry, but I paid for them (all with a bad attitude).

At any rate much to my surprise *268* came in VA on Thursday at midday and I got it for $500!

I am a millionaire!

WILLWRK4NUMBERS's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              ATLANTA, GA
                              United States
                              Member #78958
                              August 24, 2009
                              5088 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2010, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

WOW!!!

What great stories and insight here.  Thanks for sharing!  It's appreciated.  Needless to say, I've gotten the tickers for 10 draws and I checked today before I left the store. 

No mor faux pas!

Again thanks everyone!  You all ROCKGuitar