Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has this ever happened to you?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever thought you played a number str/box, got home and the ticket said straight? If so,

Did you go back and get it in a box [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Say, "Oh Well" [ 6 ]  [25.00%]
Went back & cancelled the ticket & replay [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Just pray it doesn't fall that day [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Hope & pray that if it comes it comes straight [ 10 ]  [41.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
700 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2010, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't normally play those games so that hasn't happened.  However, this morning I asked for an Easy5 and a Powerball tickets and the clerk accidentally printed out a Lotto and asked me if I wanted to buy it and I said "why not."  Maybe it will be lucky.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

joplin
    United States
    Member #45299
    August 17, 2006
    151 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

The very first week South Carolina got the lottery i was in a store buying a powerball ticket. The store was packed full of people buying everything from powerball to scratchoffs being the lottery was brand new in SC. The woman behind the counter was in a very nasty mood. I filled out a playslip for 1 qp with the powerplay, $2, simple enough. When she ran the ticket it printed me 2 qp's with the powerplay, she said $4. I looked at my playslip & showed her where i only had 1 play marked, and heres where it got nasty. She copped an attitude about not being able to cancel a powerball ticket & that she wasnt gonna pay for my mistake, when in fact i did'nt make a mistake, i was just trying to show it to her & explain it & honest to gods truth in front of all those people she told me if i didnt pay the whole $4 she would shoot me before i got out the door. I got highly PO'ed & turned around looked at all the people behind me laid $2 on the counter & told her to fire when ready because there was around 50 people in there who would witness her commit murder. We argued a few mins. more & out of respect for the giant line behind me i gave her the other $2 suggested a nice warm place for her to go to & swore i'd never do buisness at her store again & i havent. Thats the only time i ever had a playslip screw up when it was run thru the terminal.

I am a store clerk, so I just have to respond.  It wasn't your fault nor the clerks.  All she did is put the play slip in the machine.  She can't cancel the ticket, so if you don't pay,she has to, period.

The best way to play for most are play slips, but there can be problems.  Most play slips are where people often scratch their scratch tickets, so it not hard to pickup a small bit of a ticket on 

a play slip, or it could be a slight smuged or lint.  I seen this more than a couple of times.  You really didn't have to pay for either ticket, you could of just walk out and gone somewhere else, she

couldn't of done anything, than to pay for it herself or sell it.  Its been my experience for the most part that I have to make some type of correction on play slip because don't pay that much

attention to how they are marking them.

I really feel for the store clerk, she was under a lot of stress.  One time I had a lot people in the store buying PB tickets and I guy he wanted $10. in tickets.  I printed them, he looked at them, and

said, he wanted them with the power play.  I didn't hear him ask for the power play, he wouldn't take them, so it came out of my pocket.

I've worked at several stores, and in all those years, I've sold thousands of power ball tickets, and the largest payout in any of the stores, was $7.00.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2010, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Good post gsc5.

Nice to hear the story from the other side of the counter for a change.

Makes me want to strangle you people a little bit less, LOL.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
        North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
        United States
        Member #1436
        April 28, 2003
        628 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2010, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

I am a store clerk, so I just have to respond.  It wasn't your fault nor the clerks.  All she did is put the play slip in the machine.  She can't cancel the ticket, so if you don't pay,she has to, period.

The best way to play for most are play slips, but there can be problems.  Most play slips are where people often scratch their scratch tickets, so it not hard to pickup a small bit of a ticket on 

a play slip, or it could be a slight smuged or lint.  I seen this more than a couple of times.  You really didn't have to pay for either ticket, you could of just walk out and gone somewhere else, she

couldn't of done anything, than to pay for it herself or sell it.  Its been my experience for the most part that I have to make some type of correction on play slip because don't pay that much

attention to how they are marking them.

I really feel for the store clerk, she was under a lot of stress.  One time I had a lot people in the store buying PB tickets and I guy he wanted $10. in tickets.  I printed them, he looked at them, and

said, he wanted them with the power play.  I didn't hear him ask for the power play, he wouldn't take them, so it came out of my pocket.

I've worked at several stores, and in all those years, I've sold thousands of power ball tickets, and the largest payout in any of the stores, was $7.00.

I absolutely understand where your coming from, & i partly did understand the woman at the store. NO WAY could i do your job, i couldnt handle the stress of dealing with people 1on1 all day long. I knew she couldnt cancel the ticket, i just wanted her to see that i hadnt made a mistake, but she was having none of it, it was gonna be my mistake one way or the other. I know the lady was stressed out that day, but if someone gets hateful with me for no reason no matter who they are or where they work i'm not the type person to just lay back & take it. I dont set out to make anyone mad or hurt their feelings but if it comes to that then so be it. I've also learned over the yrs that you have to check a blank playslip as close as a marked one because ive noticed where people  press down hard when marking their numbers & it leaves an impression on the playslip under it that the terminal will pick up as you mentioned. I know i couldve walked out & not paid but that just wasnt the right thing to do either, i just hate that she had to get an attitude over the whole thing. Thanks for the reply, alot of us who dont do that for a living dont always see the whole picture.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: May 18, 2010, 7:16 am - IP Logged

When tiggs sees unwanted tickets on the machine he buys them..Anyone who orders a ticket by mistake either by you or the machine and don't buy it are stupid..ITO..