Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

We've all got "gonnas" if we hit a jackpot, how about the "never agains"

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 7 years ago by grave.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
Republic of Texas
United States
Member #57557
January 9, 2008
1095 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2010, 8:22 am - IP Logged

"No matter how much money folks have, they will still have problems. That's a given. the difference between rich and poor folks is whether they have the funds to adequately deal with those problems." - joker17

Exactly! I would be sure to set something up so that never again will I not have the funds to adequately deal with my problems. And that is a positive outlook, not a negative. 

I've made many mistakes in my life, with many regrets. I won't make them again regardless of a lottery win.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    Portland,Oregon
    United States
    Member #14387
    April 25, 2005
    229 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2010, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Never again have to wake up to an alarm clock! - if I won a jackpot I might choose to set an alarm for a special occasion (make an early morning flight to a wonderful destination or to make an appointment)  .... but I really hate the darn things 

Never again have to sit in a crammed stuff office doing what others tell me I have to do

Never again say I can't do something, whether it is visit a friend, help a relative, go to some event,  just because there is not enough money

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I longer have a boss to answer to,  so therefore I kinda hit the jackpot already,  'cause there ain't much else that I don't like to do.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I longer have a boss to answer to,  so therefore I kinda hit the jackpot already,  'cause there ain't much else that I don't like to do.

If you mean that you're self employed, you still have a boss. The customer is still considered a boss...lol....As long as you have some customers who are a pain in the butt, then they can be as bad, if not worse than a conventional boss.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
          Harrison Township Michigan
          United States
          Member #90088
          April 21, 2010
          4265 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2010, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I will Never Again Have to Listen to Mr LL say "I got a System, just spend $75.00 on 300 Picks, or Spend $300.00 on 300 Picks, you Will Hit it Straight!"

LMAO

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5611 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Never again sell another stick of furniture and listen to someone b***h at me about something I have zero control over.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

CA
              United States
              Member #84266
              December 26, 2009
              410 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2010, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Never will I have to work for someone else or worry about financial security.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Live in a small town with a university. A community college maybe, but never again a university. The townspeople really get tunnel vision about it, the town becomes a one "industry" town, and like some snowbird communities in Florida, the population doubles during part of the year.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2010, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Never again sell another stick of furniture and listen to someone b***h at me about something I have zero control over.

My Lazyboy reclines back too far and makes my heartburn worse after a pepperoni pizza! When are you gonna fix that?!?!?!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I agree with you that life is uncertain at times, but a vast amount of cash only helps deal with those uncertain times with confidence. Like I've said many times before, I'm spiritual by nature, but we live in a material world, and unfortunately, money rules. Once the problems associated with money are resolved, everything else falls into place.

Money may not be everything in this world, I agree, but you can't live without it. Don't fall into the tired old trap of  the famous"one-liners" that have been passed down for decades. The ones that say "Money doesn't make you happy" nonsense.

The rich folks you hear about on the news who get into trouble may give the illusion that their lives are miserable, and it may be so, but they have the resources to rehabilitate themselves. If they choose not to, like Michael Jackson as an example, well....stupidity will always rear it's head in exceptions to that rule. Fame, money, and drugs only fueled their demise. That is the minority in my opinion. Most will get back on track, whether it's a divorce, drugs, alchohol, child custody...etc...

No matter how much money folks have, they will still have problems. That's a given. The difference between rich and poor folks is whether they have the funds to adequately deal with those problems.

At least I can afford really expensive psychiatrists...lol

The Bible speaks about  2 types, the Wealthy,greedy. and the Normally  thankful, happy person:

With the gready? They are right! In the sense that,  If you are a person that is "never satisfied with anything", money will not fill that void in your soul.  The ravenously Greedy, is never happy!  Ecclesiates  5: Verse 10;  Money will never make that person happy. 

No amount of it, they always want more! Things  are never right, they are always complaining about something, no matter how much they have, not even their love ones can help them!     

Not so for the regularly grateful, thankful person like yourself, joker17

Money "answers all things" Ecclesiates 10:19,   Ecclesiates 5:18!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                      Member #81314
                      October 16, 2009
                      18997 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Never again:  Not Check my playslips before I leave the store.

Last night, I ran 5 playslips. I knew I played the winning number when Illinois posted last nights numbers.  750.

OMG, the cashier ran one of my playslips twice, and the one she didn't run, had the winning pick 3 number.

N-E-V-E-R   A-G-A-I-N

I wouldn't be pissed if she ran the winning ticket twice, lmaoooooooooooooooo.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

We've all got things we're going to do if we win a jackpot. Houses, cars, travel, charities, etc...but how about never agains?

This would porobably bre on most people's list:

Working for somebody else. If you're not living your dream you're helping someone else live theirs

Some of mine would be:

Never again:

Going through hot, humid summers

Smelling mildew

Mowing grass

////////////////////////

Anyone else?

Never again will I finance my next car from a bank!!

I will pay for it in cash to avoid any relationship with an financial institution and instead they will be contacting me for MONEY as a priimary customer!!!

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                          san jose
                          United States
                          Member #53761
                          July 20, 2007
                          277 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Never again live in a house that is falling apart. 

Never again will own money to the credit card. 

Never again will own money to medical. 

Never again will own money to student loan. 

Never again worry about money for food.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5611 Posts
                            Posted: June 6, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

My Lazyboy reclines back too far and makes my heartburn worse after a pepperoni pizza! When are you gonna fix that?!?!?!

That's what you get for having a Lazboy. Should have gotten a Han<snip> and Moore instead.

I sold a Lazboy to a guy once,(actually twice), and he returned them because he said it made his legs fall asleep. I asked him if it did  it while he was reclining, and he said no, only when he just sat in it. So I asked him how much did he just sit in the chair without reclining, and he said he reclined all the time!!!!!!!?????

I left Lazboy and went to work at a different store. This guy goes to Lazboy, they tell him where I am, and he comes looking for me to buy another chair. I sold him a Lane, and he returned that one.

I really get tired of people crying because their furniture is late or delayed coming over on the container ship, and they think I can get here quicker. It makes me want to ask them how they like the "global economy" now?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40550 Posts
                              Posted: June 8, 2010, 9:46 am - IP Logged

So your best friend Sue would just be cleaning your house? LOL

Wink

I know one thing I surely would like to avoid doing is going with out a need...like food, electricity and as you mentioned medical care.

I remember on summer my parents couldn't pay the electric bill because my mom got ill and we had to live out of a cooler and grill our food outside...which was awful...no one should ever have to go without basic needs.

LOL LOL, I just seen this.. me and Sue would be having the time of our lives. 

Good luck to you thrust.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"